• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    He said he was "happy to testify in congress". Now that he doesn't have to he says he won't testify. Not sure if congress can subpoena a private citizen or not..

Personally I think he is being black mailed to keep his mouth shut. Curios as to why this happened after the election. Well, not really. ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Mr. Petraeus was scheduled to testify before the Senate intelligence committee next week. Michael Morell, who was named acting director of the CIA after Mr. Petraeus's resignation, will appear instead....

Well, that was good timing!!!!!!!!

Thank God for that affair.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Look having an affair is a kiss of death in the intelligence community. it means that you can be blackmailed. And for a military officer it is a crime that can be punished under the UCMJ.

No ****? :poop:
    I kinda had that part figured out on my own.

What in my one word post of "REMARKABLE" caused you to jump to the conclusion I didn't think he shouldn't resign, "IF" HE IS GUILTY?

"If" he is guilty, he has no place in the CIA, or as a General!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No ****? :poop:
    I kinda had that part figured out on my own.

What in my one word post of "REMARKABLE" caused you to jump to the conclusion I didn't think he shouldn't resign, "IF" HE IS GUILTY?

"If" he is guilty, he has no place in the CIA, or as a General!

So is he going to be charged under the UCMJ? Should he? :dunno:

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    He is a retired General I.E. a civilian... He cant be charged under UCMJ.

And yes congress can call civilians.. Roger Clemens was called and charged with perjury... in 2008

i dont know if officers have IIR times like us enlisted but if they do then they can still be charged in fact i know if he is getting a pension from the dod then he can be held accountable under UCMJ anyone getting money from the dod can be

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    So is he going to be charged under the UCMJ? Should he? :dunno:

How could he be charged?
    But if he is, it will not be under the UMCJ.
    Since he is a retired General, the UCMJ does not apply to him anymore.

Also, what would the charge be, as director of the CIA?

I don't know of any "law" he can be charged under.
    So NO he shouldn't be charged.

But he sure as HELL should be fired, if he did what he has already admitted to.

Personally I can't imagine him resigning, if it isn't true.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Odd that the Director of CIA's email is monitored and even read by the FBI without his knowledge... What did he have a gmail account?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Odd that the Director of CIA's email is monitored and even read by the FBI without his knowledge... What did he have a gmail account?
    Actually, if you read the story his mistress sent threatening emails from Petraeus' account to the other woman. The other woman went to the FBI and that instigated the investigation. My guess is that Petraeus left his computer logged into his email account and that gave his mistress access to it to send the threatening emails.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    U.C.M.J. makes him appear guilty, admitted or not

Do you think YOU would be scot free via a simple resignation if you got caught a-whoring your house-maid in the Phillipines? His crime occurred while he WAS under UCMJ authority, and NOT retired. SO, JUST RESIGN and walk away? Ordinary Joes can't do that.
    How could he be charged?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Actually, if you read the story his mistress sent threatening emails from Petraeus' account to the other woman. The other woman went to the FBI and that instigated the investigation. My guess is that Petraeus left his computer logged into his email account and that gave his mistress access to it to send the threatening emails.

I read that. I heard on the radio that once the FBI was involved they started reading his emails because they were afraid that his account had been hacked or he was being blackmailed.. Do you need a warrant to read email to and from the Director of CIA?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Im just now hearing this story and there may be more to it, but my first reaction is: he betrayed his wife. At least it appears he possess an uncommon trait--shame. And he did the honorable thing, resign.
    Haven't watched the news much this week,sorry the whole thing does not wash...he or his wife is not going to give up his retirement check...and all the benefits he has extended to him, should they find out he had this affair while on active duty. The timing is unreal...gangsta politics.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    How could he be charged?

He can be charged and lose rank and benefits if it happened while he was still active duty.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Haven't watched the news much this week,sorry the whole thing does not wash...he or his wife is not going to give up his retirement check...and all the benefits he has extended to him, should they find out he had this affair while on active duty. The timing is unreal...gangsta politics.

Sounds reasonable to me. He puts out a 'mea culpa' and goes away without a threat to the money, and any investigation into what he may have done pre-retirement drops down a black hole.

Top Bottom