• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Got her a pistol that she picked out and some ammo. Then a holster that I picked out and some more ammo, took her shooting with it already since one of my kids gave the secret away anyway. She still doesn't get to keep it yet, and she has to open it on Christmas. She thinks that she bought me a sleeping bag, she bought the boys each a 5degree mummy bag, and got me one too, but that one is too small for me so I'm gonna wrap it and put her name on it instead of mine, I bought another one for me from her that is bigger and she is getting the smaller one for a present but she doesn't know about that one yet, she won't appreciate the humor in that one, but I do. I got the Coleman Big Basin Large Extreme-Weather Hybrid Sleeping Bag, Amazon.com: Coleman Big Basin Large Extreme-Weather Hybrid Sleeping Bag: Sports & Outdoors and I'll wrap that one for me and put her name on the one she got for me like the one she got for the boys. I'm thinking one more nice thing for her that she will really like, and that she doesn't know about. Don't really know what yet, but I will get paid again in 2 weeks right before Christmas, so I'll think of something.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    I bought my wife a new ride for Christmas last year.

PC010003.jpg

-J-

I did the exact same thing a few years ago, and it was a hit! She was so excited. No, purple text isn't needed, believe it or not.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm not getting my wife jack.

But are you getting Jack a wife?

And you guys can knock the Dyson gift idea all you want (or laugh at the innuendos ;)), but it was my best Christmas present last year and having a GSD who drops fur in the spring like Andrew Dice Clay drops F-bombs, it's a glorious thing. (Did I just date myself with the Clay comment?)

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    9474.jpg

after spending $2000 on a new bike and equipment this year I bought my wife a bike. maybe now she will ride with me. Our grandchildren want Gramma to ride with us too.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I almost never tell the boyfriend my wishlist. Usually, if I want something, I just buy it myself.
    I'm lucky that he's good at surprising me, with things I didn't even know I wanted! New speakers & stereo for my car, a remote start...just to name a couple.
    What would she use a lot (daily) that might make things easier for her?

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Why don't you take the time to learn her clothes sizes and go shopping for her. Take an interest in her this year instead of being lazy.

You could change her wardrobe, turn her into a young girl again and take her out on the town.

Just a thought... why half-*** something for someone you care about.

:twocents:

are you trying to get this man killed?

"so my cloths aren't good enough for you?"

So you want me to look like your new co-worker that you always work late with to play into your sick little fantasy?"

:-D. Just kidding....maybe

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I wanna know what you guys are getting your wives for Christmas. Last year I out did myself and got my wife a kindle. She loved it and I was king. This year I'm clueless on what to get her. Any suggestions?

I got my wife a Kindle for her Birthday and she continues to remind me that it's one of the best gifts that I got her. You can always get her a Kindle gift card from Amazon!!! My wife says that its an easy gift for me to get and she loves them!

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Let's see:
    - weekend away the week before Christmas (in-laws are watching the little one)
    - She forwarded me a link to a pre-filled "shopping cart" on some online clothing store. I just typed in the credit card number and hit submit.
    - I'll take her out AFTER Christmas to hit some of the clothing sales.

She wants a Kindle Fire, but she already has a Kindle, iPod, NetBook, and smart phone. When asked which she wants to give up, all I got was :n00b:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The Animal is awesome. I couldn't understand how a vacuum could be worth so much money until she talked me into one. That thing is worth every cent.

I've found that the "low pile" setting works better at cleaning cat hair than does the "med pile" setting on our medium pile carpet. It'd still suck up a fair amount of gunk on med, but then I'd crawl around on the floor with our baby and I'd still see plenty of cat hair.

-J-

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    Don't get her clothes. No matter how much you think she will like a blouse she will like some other blouse you didn't buy even better. If she is the kind to like clothes then she will know what store you got it at and what they had that she liked better and she will secretly blame you for not knowing her well enough to know that she would like the other blouse better. Women don't think like men.

Here is the secret. Get help. Ask her female friends what she wants. They know. Later they will tell her that it was them that told you to get that particular gift but your wife will appreciate that you went to such lengths to find out what she likes and since she likes it she will excuse away your method. If she doesn't like it, the friend gets the blame.

Kindle fire is the safe way to go if she liked the Kindle last year. If she likes Mario and such you can get her a 3ds. My woman is eager to play the one she got for her daughter. Smartphone maybe... Sprint is offering Iphones now with unlimited everything. If she scrapbooks the Cricut is popular. That new camera with aston kutcher on the commercial is pretty hot if she likes to take pictures.

Then again, if she likes guns... oh well then there are soooooo many good options. Pink derringer with mother of pearl grips maybe? Get it for her with a set of nice silk stockings to put it in and you both win.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Her favorite bottle of perfume, gift certificate at her fave restaurant or fave clothing store. Persoanlly I think a day at a spa shop. She could get a massage, nails, hair and just plenty of relaxation. :twocents:

Me I will take the spa thing.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Is the Kindle worth getting if you already have an iphone?

What are you trying to do?

The Kindle is fantastic for a paper book replacement. It is terrible for anything internet related. It is e-paper, not a computer.

The Kindle Fire is supposed to be just like any other Android tablet, with a direct link to the Amazon store for books, magazines, and the like. My MIL got one, but I've only played with a for a couple of minutes. It is "less" than an iPad (in size and capability), but "more" than a smart phone (but does not make phone calls).

I've toyed with the idea of getting an iPad. They are just too expensive for what I would get out of it. I can get a whole computer (laptop or desktop), with software, for the same price. The iPad just seems like an expensive "Angry Birds" machine.

</threadjack>

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've toyed with the idea of getting an iPad. They are just too expensive for what I would get out of it. I can get a whole computer (laptop or desktop), with software, for the same price. The iPad just seems like an expensive "Angry Birds" machine.

</threadjack>

I had difficulty reading the iPad in direct sunlight, and since a majority of my leisurely reading is done outdoors while on vacation, the iPad just wasn't for me.

Now the Nook/Kindle, I have no problem reading outdoors and I don't get any eye strain reading on it for hours.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    You need to get her a Leaky Chihuahua. Nothing says "I love you" more than a leaky Chihuahua. And I know exactly where you can get one today!!!! You just have to come by while the wife is shopping and I'll make you a great deal. No need to thank me, just helping an INGO brother out...

Top Bottom