• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    My wife and I have a deal. She comes home with something she really wants or likes that she spent a little more than she probably should have on and asks if I want to see what I got her for ____________ (fill in the holiday or occasion). I take it, look at what ever it is for a second, hold it out for her to take back and say "Happy _______", she says how wonderful, just what I wanted, and we both are happy. I do the same when I buy guns and reloading stuff, and it works for us.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I am usually pretty good at this but I think we all need more info. What is she into and what does she enjoy to do?

Also I would stay away from clothes, shoes, and anything else that she probably has more of than she can use anyways. Those are all dangerous gifts along with appliances that require her doing work around the house.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Is there anything she's been shopping for online or in stores. You could look at ur online history for websites or items. Can u ask her bff what she's been talking about. If u have kids, have they been shopping with her?
    Most girls could use a spa day, massage, jewelry set, favorite perfume set.
    Is she into electronics? New smartphone?

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    After unsuccessfully trying to shop for my wife the last however many years and ending up buying her things she would never want, she now sends me web links for numerous items that she would want. The surprise for her comes in which of those things I end up buying for her, and I do still buy one small gift that is truly a surprise.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    The Kindle. Is there a monthly fee to be online? How much do the books cost to download?

We have a Nook, same concept though. The Nook doesn't have any monthly fee associated with it, and the books range from "free" to $14.99 for new releases. Most that we buy are around $9.99.

You always have access to every book you've ever purchased, which is nice, and you don't have hundreds of books taking up space in your house.

I like the E-readers because they are easier on my eyes than regular print books.

YMMV.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    My wife and I both have wish lists on Amazon.com so we always have ideas for each other. I got her 2 items off the wish list, then I'm doing a few things on my own. Since our anniversary is so close to Christmas we usually combine the two. I'm adding in dinner and a night at the symphony, and couples ballroom dancing lessons. Always try to 'knock her socks off' once a year.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I bought my wife a new ride for Christmas last year.

PC010003.jpg

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You all think I'm joking...

I bought her the Animal and I bought a Canon 1Ti digital camera for myself. hehe

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I am usually pretty good at this but I think we all need more info. What is she into and what does she enjoy to do?

Also I would stay away from clothes, shoes, and anything else that she probably has more of than she can use anyways. Those are all dangerous gifts along with appliances that require her doing work around the house.

She is very professional, loves making jewelry, scrap booking, spending time at the pool, reading and just being lazy. I will figure something out. You have givin me a few ideas already. I think a new pistol is in order too. :D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I got my wife an iPad. She is warming up to it. She got a kindle a few years ago. The kindle fire is a tempting option too if you don't want to spring for the iPad. You can always grab an in-home massage. I did that for her one night. She still had no idea even when the lady pulled into our driveway and rang the doorbell holding a portable table.

I suggest always having an unanticipated gift, even if it's really small. When you have to explain why you thought she'd like it you get to expore the relationship a bit.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom