• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The Chinese know something ... private gun ownership in this county will make it much harder to take over and control this people in the future (and they have every intention to rule the world one day).

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    You know over a hundred years ago, China had no problem with gun ownership, mostly cause it was a new thing for them, and for thousands of years, civilians had he freedom to own mostly other weapons like swords unlike Japan.

TkdGunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Yea... They banned handgun ownership in Washington dc for a while, it was crappy before the ban and it is still crappy. however, remember how crime skyrocketed during the ban? Yea getting rid of our guns would be sooooo much safer

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Yea... They banned handgun ownership in Washington dc for a while, it was crappy before the ban and it is still crappy. however, remember how crime skyrocketed during the ban? Yea getting rid of our guns would be sooooo much safer

Tell that to England and how their crime is still on the rise and what did they do? They banned OTHER things like specific knives, metal bats and I think hockey sticks. They even banned owning replica swords and now antique guns, cause really you've read about all the stories filling evening news about men that go on robberies and killing spreads with a blunderbuss.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Every day I keep finding more and more things to hate about the country my parents came from. It used to be a place of awesome history but now, I don't know what it is.
    China has been around soooooo long, that it seems to have totally different governments come and go. One thing I have noticed though, that is that it seems as though the Chinese government, in whatever form, has always oppressed its people.:n00b:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    WOW....heres a link:
    China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation - National gun rights | Examiner.com

just goes to show how different our countries are...
    here's a quote: "The United States prioritizes the right to keep and bear arms over the protection of citizens' lives and personal security and exercises lax firearm possession control, causing rampant gun ownership"
    ^^laughed really hard at this

It is notable that in some respects this is a true statement. Note that it says rampant gun OWNERSHIP, NOT gun crime, which would be the actual risks to citizens lives and personal security...

It is quite clear that Gun OWNERSHIP is yes, running rampant in the US. (GOOD!)... what they dont point out is that gun CRIME is steadily decreasing .... Humm I wonder....

Do you think there MIGHT be a correlation between the two..... Naaah.... that's just me, a "gun nut" clinging to my religion and firearms" Talking

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    China has been around soooooo long, that it seems to have totally different governments come and go. One thing I have noticed though, that is that it seems as though the Chinese government, in whatever form, has always oppressed its people.:n00b:

Yeah but it's not like they were expecting much from it's people when the Mongols were in power or during the Ming Dynasty other than just go about your business and don't forget we're in charge. That's the thing with any country today. We are in a digital age where media coverage is everywhere and your country's image to the world is important because everyone can see you now. A thousand years ago, governments don't really have a far reach of their population as they do now with transportation and other systems to keep tabs on their citizens.

Before the age of sail if China's current dynasty was being toppled, it isn't like the rest of the world was clamoring to get a piece of the action, but if the government of China were to fall today, my god, every country will be like "Oh ****".

Anyway with the Asian countries, they haven't broken away from the old ways of thinking like the western countries and were never receptive to how we run things. Right now, China is just trying to fit in with the rest of the world while secretly being exactly the same way and it's really petty. They condemn slavery but aren't above using prisoners, both criminal and political to work in labor camps. They really don't like products coming in and prefer domestically made, but they would rip off technology and innovations from everyone if it suits them.

Even Chinese people who have moved to America and lived here for 20 years can't really shake what they were brought up as. Why do you think Chinatowns are very distinct compared to say Polish town.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Tell that to England and how their crime is still on the rise and what did they do? They banned OTHER things like specific knives, metal bats and I think hockey sticks. They even banned owning replica swords and now antique guns, cause really you've read about all the stories filling evening news about men that go on robberies and killing spreads with a blunderbuss.

And prosecute those who have the balls to shoot someone trying to kill them. :rolleyes:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    And prosecute those who have the balls to shoot someone trying to kill them. :rolleyes:
    Well to be fair sometimes we do that here in America too. Because God help us when someone is justified in shooting someone who is trying to hurt them

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Well to be fair sometimes we do that here in America too. Because God help us when someone is justified in shooting someone who is trying to hurt them

yea we cant really say too much on that here, but at least here it is a location thing and not a blanket deal

jake

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    China what?

LOL and this is coming from a country with thousands of years of oppression and a tyrannical government that rules its people:laugh:

**** on em.:patriot:

I would give that article 1.5 seconds of attention.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The most recent survey of American gun owners indicates a very strong desire for the People's Republic of China to pound sand up their collective arse. :patriot:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Not unique to China, nor is foreign criticism of the US.

Even the Vatican has criticized the US for our use of capital punishment, or our gun laws. I'm waiting for someone to wax indignant over this...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._1_juvenile-executions-electric-chair-penalty
    http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1100159.htm

The Catholic Church's position on gun control is not easy to find; there are dozens of speeches and talks and a few documents that call for much tighter regulation of the global arms trade, but what about private gun ownership?

The answer is resoundingly clear: Firearms in the hands of civilians should be strictly limited and eventually completely eliminated.

Last edited:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    ....that could have serious implications for the United States in the future...but alas that doesnt have much to do with guns...sorry for that lol

China has serious desire to own the world, they already OWN the Panama Canal, sold in part by a US President. If they get enough property in the US then they will start, if not already now by the headlines, influencing our Government and law makers, that's what it has to do with gun control.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Someone may have posted this already, but there was a japanese either general or admiral who said they could not attack the US mainland because there would be a gun behind every blade of grass. Might have been Yamamoto just can't remember right now.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Someone may have posted this already, but there was a japanese either general or admiral who said they could not attack the US mainland because there would be a gun behind every blade of grass. Might have been Yamamoto just can't remember right now.

It was Yamamoto, but there is a lot of question as whether he actually every said it or not.

Isoroku Yamamoto - Wikiquote

Top Bottom