China launches a woman astronaut!!!???????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Sorry I don't have a link, but apparently China has launched a woman astronaut to their space station.....REALLY while we sit grounded? Maybe If obummer had spent more time in America and watched the Apollo program, instead if going to a muslim school in indonesia, he would realize the value of NASA.................Rant concluded go on with your lives

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Isn't it nice that with the help of william jefferson clinton the Chinese were able to get their faltering space program on a safe track, to the point where now they can launch a human into space, and thank to George Bush the Second we no longer can?

There is nothing wrong with being a third world country, if you have no hopes, no dreams, and no care to be the best that you can be... Yes there is!

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I hope they don't let her drive, Asians can't drive worth a nickle, and besides, I just heard that the space capsule has been spotted with it's turn signal on for the last 15,000 miles, and someone trying to dry their nails by hanging them out the window.

Women drivers, no survivors....

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Wby send people to the space station?? Not needed really. Although there was an experiment i wanted to see the results from. So i wonder how to go about facts of finding on that..

Anyway.. while there are very few frontiers left on earth.. as the ocean is pretty much completely charted now.. but not really explored by science vessels.. all that is really left is well space..

It is mans final frontier.. not trying to steal a great line from star.trek.. but.. its true.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've always been an SF guy, thinking into the future, but things aren't as hopeful as we'd thought. Space would be the final frontier, but the farthest anything we've sent out has been Voyager, which (I can't recall correctly) has finally passed the heliopause, in other words the border in space where the sun is no longer the dominant feature of the universe. The farthest we've sent a person is the moon, significantly not as far, and everything they need to survive has to come from Earth. We have no evidence of anyplace that with any effort we could send enough people with enough supplies to make a survivable colony. We have to take care of what we have, because from all indications, it's all we'll ever have. China's not the first to send a woman up. It's not that big a deal now.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I hope they don't let her drive, Asians can't drive worth a nickle, and besides, I just heard that the space capsule has been spotted with it's turn signal on for the last 15,000 miles, and someone trying to dry their nails by hanging them out the window.

Women drivers, no survivors....

You obviously haven't seen Chinese men drive. I'll take the women over the men any day, whether they're driving buses, trucks, cars or donkey carts.

I'd watch out for these guys below:

-epic-fail-1334012581.jpg

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I've always been an SF guy, thinking into the future, but things aren't as hopeful as we'd thought. Space would be the final frontier, but the farthest anything we've sent out has been Voyager, which (I can't recall correctly) has finally passed the heliopause, in other words the border in space where the sun is no longer the dominant feature of the universe. The farthest we've sent a person is the moon, significantly not as far, and everything they need to survive has to come from Earth. We have no evidence of anyplace that with any effort we could send enough people with enough supplies to make a survivable colony. We have to take care of what we have, because from all indications, it's all we'll ever have. China's not the first to send a woman up. It's not that big a deal now.

Isn't this what they said to a guy by the name of Columbus a bunch of years ago?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Isn't this what they said to a guy by the name of Columbus a bunch of years ago?

No, they just didn't think he would be able to make it to where he thought he was going. While he was not going someplace with no air, water, etc., neither did he actually get to where he thought he was going. The next step has to be a lot more deliberate; there's no room for speculation. You can't say, "oh, they'll find air/water/food", you have to send it all with them, or you may as well line them up and shoot them. It'd be cheaper and less horrific. Just the way it is, man.

Top Bottom