• ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    While I share your, umm cynical, sentiment, I don't believe the US will go down in a similar fashion. I'm not saying it will be better or worse here, but there a lot of variables that will ensure that things will go down differently here, likely it will be more chaotic.

While no country is truly homogenous with their culture and beliefs, the US is especially heterogenous in its culture and morals. Each state might as well be their own country, and even then counties, cities, and townships can vary greatly. America is also a massive land mass compared to many European countries, with many states being physically larger than most European countries. Don't discredit what a significance geography can be in a strategic situation, as it will be somewhat more challenging exerting force over a wider area. As time goes on, I believe that it will be increasingly difficult for the Central State (as BigRed puts it) to continue to exert force over the union as it looses legitimacy, especially when the national debt and reserve currency chickens come home to roost.

While these are unfortunately no full on checkmates against tyranny, we do have the Bill of Rights. Yes it is being slowly eroded every day, but there is still officially a legal document that enshrines those rights as supreme law of the land. Many European nations do not have that. Again, not saying these will be respected by tyrants, but their message can be rallied behind and argued as a reason for resistance from a legal point of view, which is better than having little to nothing like that in the founding documents.

Again, anything but a guarantee for victory, there is a second amendment, and the damage has been done already as there are anything between half a billion to nearly a billion (depending on your source) firearms in private hands. Add on top of that a shared sentiment of resistance among many of said individuals and you get a very different situation than those in Europe, for better or worse. Even if 90% of that force did nothing or capitulated, that remaining 10% would still be nothing to laugh at. 3% took on the most advanced military back in 1776 and won in a asymmetric non-conventional war.

And finally don't discredit black swan events as well as the overarching patterns and cycles civilizations tend to exhibit. There tends to be a major shake up every 80 or so years and great empires typically don't make it past 250 years without some sort of restructuring or subsummation.

Personally I see balkanization being more likely while certain areas will be worse than others. Some may even be invaded and occupied (some may have already been depending on your definition of invasion and occupation). I would say that a split and occupied US would be more likely than a US going down domestically the same way as the UK and Germany.
    Wow, that was well written,and well thought out. I agree with the 2a input and I seem to remember in history class or somewhere Hirohito saying if we invade,there will be a rifle sticking out behind every blade of grass. I may be wrong but I think it was him, and he would be correct. You are correct about Europe and its size as I was stationed in Germany from 1987-1990 and visited alot of countries in a short amount of time versus driving from Indiana to South Dakota and only passing through a few states. I was alluding to the massive flood of illiegals coming in, just like Germany shortly after I left with the Turks flooding in and the U.K with its obvious issues, mostly due to the U.K and its immigration policies which, at this point seems to be the exact same thing thats happening here. You seem very well educated and I am not ,but I do appreciate your insight. The thing that haunts me is the communist manifesto and by all accounts the boxes have been checked for us...except the consfication of firearms. You may be right about a split U.S because I think we already are. I'm in favor of red states separating from blue states and waiting for them beg to cross over. Its not what I want, but I thinkk we are as a nation, are clearly divided.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I was alluding to the massive flood of illiegals coming in, just like Germany shortly after I left with the Turks flooding in and the U.K with its obvious issues, mostly due to the U.K and its immigration policies which, at this point seems to be the exact same thing thats happening here.
    The influx of foreigners plus a local populace falling deeper and deeper into apathy and frivolity is typically the death knell of great empires. Great empires and civilizations typically follow an overarching pattern that has existed for thousands of years. Quite simply it is a displacement and erosion of local morals and culture. I'm sure someone would say that I'm attacking immigration here. I am not. If you come to this country with no intention to integrate and adopt our morals and customs, then you remain a foreign body. The immigrants in the past were hard working people who wished to become Americans and live the American Dream. While many immigrants still desire this today, most coming across the border are foreigners. At worst they are parasites looking to leech off the system or are foreign adversaries looking to destroy us from within. At best they are here to work and send money back to support those back home, but don't see here as home. Either way, they are further displacing the local culture. It may seem like a simple concept, but greater empires than ours have fallen due to this issue.

At the same time, it would be an injustice to put the blame entirely on foreigners. Our own culture and morals has degraded to a point to where most of us likely wouldn't care if another country was rolling in with tanks and fighter jets. If anything, some would welcome it. We can blame communism for this, however I believe that one being demoralized and hating their own country is more an inevitability than simple communist infiltration. In other words, the communist infiltration of our nation and culture is just another flavor of Endgame to that pattern I mentioned earlier. People were hating their own nation during its demise way before Karl Marx was even a twinkle in his father's eye, all he did was just form a set of ideals based on what typically kills a civilization.

These patterns predate communism by a wide margin and somewhat transcend more specific ideals and forms of government. While it's impossible to predict every nuance about how a civilization will end up during these paradigm shifts (some would refer to them as "Turnings", especially those who subscribe to the Forth Turning Theory), we can get a general overall idea of how empires fell in the past and how similar they fell despite what form of government they had. I guess my point is during the point at which an empire collapses after its Age of Decadence, it may be unpredictable as to what will rise out of the ashes. These events are chaotic, and one definition of chaos is simply unpredictability.

I welcome you to read a short essay by a Sir John Glubb called "The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival" written back in 1977. And don't take my comment earlier about communism as me dismissing it as a threat, my point with that statement is that I believe it was the pattern that Sir Glubb writes about that allowed communism to take hold here. If we were going through our Age of Conquest during the 50s instead of our Age of Intellect, I don't believe we would be dealing with a communism issue as of now.

TBH this is all speculation, and I remain very cynical about the short term and long term future. For example, what great empire will outburst and replace us? Probably too soon to say, however it is likely not going to be coming from Europe. That is to say, things will be chaotic, but it doesn't mean something good won't come out of the ashes.

The thing that haunts me is the communist manifesto and by all accounts the boxes have been checked for us...except the consfication of firearms.
    The thing that haunts me is the amount of people who don't understand the stakes. Giving up your guns in hope to "go along to get along" will be like trying to ague morality to a T-1000. Our adversaries do not wish to live in a state of peaceful coexistence. They wish to completely eliminate us, and they have said so many times. TBH, going out in a firefight will likely be more humane than what they have in store for us (simply ask Joey Biggs how he was treated).

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

If you watch you'll see they are running and chasing off a police vehicle.
    The people of the UK voted in leftist politicians so now they will suffer for that huge mistake.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    The influx of foreigners plus a local populace falling deeper and deeper into apathy and frivolity is typically the death knell of great empires. Great empires and civilizations typically follow an overarching pattern that has existed for thousands of years. Quite simply it is a displacement and erosion of local morals and culture. I'm sure someone would say that I'm attacking immigration here. I am not. If you come to this country with no intention to integrate and adopt our morals and customs, then you remain a foreign body. The immigrants in the past were hard working people who wished to become Americans and live the American Dream. While many immigrants still desire this today, most coming across the border are foreigners. At worst they are parasites looking to leech off the system or are foreign adversaries looking to destroy us from within. At best they are here to work and send money back to support those back home, but don't see here as home. Either way, they are further displacing the local culture. It may seem like a simple concept, but greater empires than ours have fallen due to this issue.

At the same time, it would be an injustice to put the blame entirely on foreigners. Our own culture and morals has degraded to a point to where most of us likely wouldn't care if another country was rolling in with tanks and fighter jets. If anything, some would welcome it. We can blame communism for this, however I believe that one being demoralized and hating their own country is more an inevitability than simple communist infiltration. In other words, the communist infiltration of our nation and culture is just another flavor of Endgame to that pattern I mentioned earlier. People were hating their own nation during its demise way before Karl Marx was even a twinkle in his father's eye, all he did was just form a set of ideals based on what typically kills a civilization.

These patterns predate communism by a wide margin and somewhat transcend more specific ideals and forms of government. While it's impossible to predict every nuance about how a civilization will end up during these paradigm shifts (some would refer to them as "Turnings", especially those who subscribe to the Forth Turning Theory), we can get a general overall idea of how empires fell in the past and how similar they fell despite what form of government they had. I guess my point is during the point at which an empire collapses after its Age of Decadence, it may be unpredictable as to what will rise out of the ashes. These events are chaotic, and one definition of chaos is simply unpredictability.

I welcome you to read a short essay by a Sir John Glubb called "The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival" written back in 1977. And don't take my comment earlier about communism as me dismissing it as a threat, my point with that statement is that I believe it was the pattern that Sir Glubb writes about that allowed communism to take hold here. If we were going through our Age of Conquest during the 50s instead of our Age of Intellect, I don't believe we would be dealing with a communism issue as of now.

TBH this is all speculation, and I remain very cynical about the short term and long term future. For example, what great empire will outburst and replace us? Probably too soon to say, however it is likely not going to be coming from Europe. That is to say, things will be chaotic, but it doesn't mean something good won't come out of the ashes.

The thing that haunts me is the amount of people who don't understand the stakes. Giving up your guns in hope to "go along to get along" will be like trying to ague morality to a T-1000. Our adversaries do not wish to live in a state of peaceful coexistence. They wish to completely eliminate us, and they have said so many times. TBH, going out in a firefight will likely be more humane than what they have in store for us (simply ask Joey Biggs how he was treated).
    That was an awesome post!! You put into words what I couldn't. Its what I think and feel and am watching before my eyes. I feel alone and its refreshing to see there is someone else that's seeing it too. I was privileged when I served, to go to East Berlin when it was under communist rule and see first hand the reason I served. I want no part of it. I had lunch at a restaurant and tipped the server 20 marks. At the current exchange rate it was about a buck fifty. She was overjoyed and thankful and I didn't understand until years later what I had done (I was only 20 at the time) I most likely tipped her half her paycheck at the time. I went through checkpoint Charlie and stood on the bridge where we exchanged spies..the Brandenburg gate maybe?. Still have pictures that I took through holes in the wall with Soviet soldiers and guard dogs. I have a piece of the wall that I gave to my oldest daughter who is 28 now to take to school when they were studying the cold war. I worked on Pershing missiles and was in the thick of it. Some of the kids thought it was fake but it's the real deal. I'm with you on the concept that empires fall but I'm going down swinging because the oath I took doesn't expire. We can stand back to back and give as good as we get.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    We got some M#king scholars on INGO.

Then dudes like me.
    Not anywhere close to a scholar brother. We're just the same, except I didn't retire from the Army. I served my 4 and left because my MOS was being retired and I wasn't going back to boot camp light(AIT) to learn another skill.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    You're exactly
    2 Chronicles 7:14

2 Chronicles 7:14
    I couldn't agree more, we as a country have broken our covenent as a nation blessed by god. There is far more effort to remove God from our country than to keep our creator in it. I don't even know how to pray for our country anymore because its not right to ask for blessings for a country that willfully ignores his commands. And celebrates everything he abhors.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    That was an awesome post!! You put into words what I couldn't. Its what I think and feel and am watching before my eyes. I feel alone and its refreshing to see there is someone else that's seeing it too. I was privileged when I served, to go to East Berlin when it was under communist rule and see first hand the reason I served. I want no part of it. I had lunch at a restaurant and tipped the server 20 marks. At the current exchange rate it was about a buck fifty. She was overjoyed and thankful and I didn't understand until years later what I had done (I was only 20 at the time) I most likely tipped her half her paycheck at the time. I went through checkpoint Charlie and stood on the bridge where we exchanged spies..the Brandenburg gate maybe?. Still have pictures that I took through holes in the wall with Soviet soldiers and guard dogs. I have a piece of the wall that I gave to my oldest daughter who is 28 now to take to school when they were studying the cold war. I worked on Pershing missiles and was in the thick of it. Some of the kids thought it was fake but it's the real deal. I'm with you on the concept that empires fall but I'm going down swinging because the oath I took doesn't expire. We can stand back to back and give as good as we get.
    Friend, if East Germany horrified you… that was “a hair away from-West”. Even Poland was almost paradise, looking from Commieland proper.

And if we fail to prevent its return, at least console yourself with this: their Gulag will also fall, after much blood and pain, but it will fall.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I'm with you on the concept that empires fall but I'm going down swinging because the oath I took doesn't expire. We can stand back to back and give as good as we get.
    Brother, I would be sharing that fox hole with you. I've never officially taken the oath, but I will still defend this way of life. Truthfully, I don't see it as a choice in either fighting or going along to get along. I see it as either suffering but being a nuisance to your oppressors with the possibility of winning, or long drawn out suffering where you can't do anything about it.

Top Bottom