I'm gonna have to rep you for this.
    Suggesting that chicago politicians have values:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    "I wish those people would keep their intense PDA in the bed room. That's disgusting! Look they have guns on their hips. Wish they also had a little common decency."

No head exploding in my view of the world.

An intense PDA can be highly subjective. Two guys holding hands is way too intense for some people. But in any event, a lot of people seem to conflate being GLBT with being anti-gun, liberal, or both and they really don't like having their stereotypes challenged.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I wonder if when the CEO of that business comes out and says that guns are evil and no one should own them and here's a check for $5 million to the Brady Campaign, if all those "I support free speech" people here will go in to show their appreciation for his free speech. Because it's all about the free speech so I'm told. Because I'm refusing to do business there too.

I cannot wait to see some of the answers to this statement

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I wonder if when the CEO of that business comes out and says that guns are evil and no one should own them and here's a check for $5 million to the Brady Campaign, if all those "I support free speech" people here will go in to show their appreciation for his free speech. Because it's all about the free speech so I'm told. Because I'm refusing to do business there too.

Indeed, very good point. I guess it all comes down to how strongly the person feels about the topic at hand.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I'm waiting for MABLA to come out in support of a Kiss-In...

Think of the reaction that THAT would get from the media...

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    And those on the other side of the argument are doing the same thing to businesses that support the LGBT movement. That is really how it should be done. Have the committment to back up your position with where/how you spend your dollars. Doesn't matter which side of the fence you are on.

Chick-Fil-A has been 'pro-christian' since it's founding and has been funding 'pro-christian' issues since it started. If you just now found out that they don't see the world the same as you, you have had your head in the sand.

I like how the media is using the file video from Wednesday when talking about todays 'kiss-in'. When I drove through today, there was little protest (unlike the long lines of Wednesday).

Agreed.

I care nothing about what CFA's honcho thinks about gay marriage.

I care a great deal about the fact that his company contributes money to organizations that want to prevent people from marrying who they choose. That represents not an opinion, but an ACT to hurt people that haven't hurt him.

CFA has a right to engage in legal commerce regardless of their CEO's bigotry.

I have a right to not patronize them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

Advocating a business that wishes to have the government violate the 2nd amendment by using the 1st amendment is entirely different from supporting a business that expressed a view that goes against some people's precious feelings and was therefore openly banned from expanding to certain cities by the governing officials of those cities.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

If that got Chicago and Boston to shout their support for guns and how much they love gun owners I just might.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    He does not support bullies who are bullying society into redifining the definition of marriage. I.E. Think like I do or I will call you a "hater, bigot, or worse."

I think he is to be commended for his stance. Many comics and others have felt the wrath of the LGBT thought police and it has ruined their careers and sent them to "sensitivy training" (i e. re-education camps) to get them to think "the right way"

Over half of the country believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. Are you saying half the Country are bigots??? That's a mighty pure and big net you have there. Good luck with your goal of changing 2,000 years of social mores and calling those who disagree with you bigots. You should get alot supporters that way.

If half the country, or 75% of the country, or 90% of the country thinks that marriage is between a man and a woman, they certainly have a right to think that. And that's ALL they have the right to do, THINK it. They don't have the right to use the force of law to prevent two consenting adults from marrying the person of their choice.

At one time marriage was believed to be valid only between people of the same race, and that opinion was enforced by law. Should we go back to that?

I'm not seeking "supporters." I see no "bullying" taking place on the part of gay people seeking marriage freedom. All I hear them saying is "I'd like to marry the person of my choosing, same as you have the right to do. You don't interfere in my personal relationships and I won't interfere in yours...fair enough?"

Gay marriage doesn't harm me, nor does it harm you. If three people want to be married to one another, it doesn't harm me, and doesn't harm you. If a guy wants to marry his horse, it doesn't harm me, and it doesn't harm you. I'll leave it up to the Humane Society whether it harms the horse.

Some want to ban gay marriage because they claim the bible defines marriage as between a man and a woman. I'm an agnostic. Religion plays no role in my life. I do not live my life based on anything that's in the bible. No one has the right to use the force of law to FORCE me to do so.

My philosophy is that if you don't harm me, I won't do anything to harm you. It's served me pretty well. I wish more people would adopt it.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I origionally started this thread to fuss about the "kiss in" as being inappropriate in a restuarant. I have many friends on both sides of this debate whom I love and respect dearly.

I think the point has been lost... People are upset because someone employed by this establishment had an interview where he said something they didn't agree with. Their anger or frustration with the law has boiled down into an event at a publicly "family oriented" eating establishment. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have a problem with the law then perhaps you should write you senator/congressman or state representative and voice your opinion where it will be heard and just might make a difference. Kissing in a public place will make you feel warm and fuzzy (and I get to explain to my children ~ if they even notice ~ why the person sitting in the booth next to us just kissed his/her friend), but it changes nothing legally. To affect actual legal change each person must put their own effort into it. Please understand, as much as someone puts forth effort for change there is also and opposing side of the subject that may also put forth effort for change. If I remember correctly there were over 686,000 facebook supporters of the Aug 1st event and only 13,000 facebook supporters of the August 3rd? Our country is based on the majority rule thru voting for representatives who support what you believe in. That is the beauty of our country and something we have fought long and hard for. My point was that a demonstration of this type is inappropriate in this venue.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Or those who say this Chick-fil-a issue is about free speech yet want to make stolen valor a crime.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Our country is based on the majority rule thru voting for representatives who support what you believe in. That is the beauty of our country and something we have fought long and hard for.

Whoa. This country is NOT based on majority rule. We are a constitutional republic based on representative democracy. That is very, very different from majority rule as the founders of this country were just as suspicious of majority rule as they were of monarchy.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I origionally started this thread to fuss about the "kiss in" as being inappropriate in a restuarant. I have many friends on both sides of this debate whom I love and respect dearly.

I think the point has been lost... People are upset because someone employed by this establishment had an interview where he said something they didn't agree with. Their anger or frustration with the law has boiled down into an event at a publicly "family oriented" eating establishment. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have a problem with the law then perhaps you should write you senator/congressman or state representative and voice your opinion where it will be heard and just might make a difference. Kissing in a public place will make you feel warm and fuzzy (and I get to explain to my children ~ if they even notice ~ why the person sitting in the booth next to us just kissed his/her friend), but it changes nothing legally. To affect actual legal change each person must put their own effort into it. Please understand, as much as someone puts forth effort for change there is also and opposing side of the subject that may also put forth effort for change. If I remember correctly there were over 686,000 facebook supporters of the Aug 1st event and only 13,000 facebook supporters of the August 3rd? Our country is based on the majority rule thru voting for representatives who support what you believe in. That is the beauty of our country and something we have fought long and hard for. My point was that a demonstration of this type is inappropriate in this venue.

So if you knew beforehand that this event was taking place today and took your young children, you'd be offended if they saw someone kissing?

I took my wife and then 7 year old daughter to Key West. We walked down Duval Street during the daytime and watched the sunset at Mallory Square. Our plan was to immediately go back to the shuttle pick up point after the sunset was over. We were back in time but the shuttle was full before we could get on. While we waited for the next shuttle, I saw two women sitting at the bar with their hands on each other. I never said a word about it and as far as I know, my daughter never noticed it. The moral of this story is I didn't put my daughter out in the middle of Key West and then complain because I saw something offensive.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If half the country, or 75% of the country, or 90% of the country thinks that marriage is between a man and a woman, they certainly have a right to think that. And that's ALL they have the right to do, THINK it. They don't have the right to use the force of law to prevent two consenting adults from marrying the person of their choice.

At one time marriage was believed to be valid only between people of the same race, and that opinion was enforced by law. Should we go back to that?

I'm not seeking "supporters." I see no "bullying" taking place on the part of gay people seeking marriage freedom. All I hear them saying is "I'd like to marry the person of my choosing, same as you have the right to do. You don't interfere in my personal relationships and I won't interfere in yours...fair enough?"

Gay marriage doesn't harm me, nor does it harm you. If three people want to be married to one another, it doesn't harm me, and doesn't harm you. If a guy wants to marry his horse, it doesn't harm me, and it doesn't harm you. I'll leave it up to the Humane Society whether it harms the horse.

Some want to ban gay marriage because they claim the bible defines marriage as between a man and a woman. I'm an agnostic. Religion plays no role in my life. I do not live my life based on anything that's in the bible. No one has the right to use the force of law to FORCE me to do so.

My philosophy is that if you don't harm me, I won't do anything to harm you. It's served me pretty well. I wish more people would adopt it.

Two men or two women in a relationship do not need a "Peace Treaty" which is what a marriage is. A marriage is a treaty between two opposing forces or parties. Men and women are different and I won't go into all of these details but I am sure you and I can agree on that.

You brought up religon so I will bring up Darwin. If you put two men on a desert island and come back 100 years later to check up on their progeny you will find nothing. Nada. Zip. The same with two women,( although I think the Island would be in much better shape. Us menfolk, straight or gay are just pigs by nature.)

There is no "right" to get married and to make the comparison to interracial marriages is an insult to any person, black or white, who went through the civil rights movement in the 60's. Once you accept the fact that marriage is not a right then you will understand how silly the "right" to gay marriage is.

I will borrow something the bullies at GLAAD and The Southern Poverty Law Center say about my side with their smug little NPR inflection. You are on the wrong side of history. There is nothing in evolution, religon, the civil rights era, or history to back up the argument that marriage between members of the same sex is a "right." Nothing.

No matter what the Hollywood actresses and the pop stars tell you it's just not a "right." Lady GaGa is not known for her understanding of history and civil rights. She is an entertainer. Let her entertain you and look for your understanding of history elsewhere.

It's funny. Bullies all wish people would adopt their philosphy and if they don't??? Well...Then they must be bullies.

Last edited:

Tschlarp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Starke County
    i went there for lunch, no entertainment ....
    i think the kiss in is a bust..

You're right, it will be a huge flop. But on the news tonight it will be portrayed as a huge turn out and a powerful expression of unity, blah, blah, blah.

You'll see shots of what appears to be huge groups at different places but the little trick that is used is that they ask everyone to gather in so they can get a clip of the 8 or 10 people who might be there all packed in tight to give the impression of a large gathering.

Don't think for a second this doesn't happen and it will be used today too. I have personally seen this done. There may be some exceptions but those would only be in some of the larger cities.

The latest figures I found say the lgbt population of the US is about 3.5%. Would think it was much more like 70% listening to the politicians and msm.

Why so much attention devoted so such a small group? I'd bet that there is more than 3.5% of the population that believes energy prices are far too high and hurting their families, or at least 20% of the population think that something needs to be done to fix our economy so businesses can create jobs right now, not start working on it in spring 2013.

8/1 was a worthy event for the right reason.

8/3 is just more bs propaganda and I think we are giving much more attention it deserves by making something out of the nothing it is.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Carrying a weapon is not a statement it's a means to defend oneself in case someone tries to harm.

I understand why they kiss. I do not understand why it has to be in a public dining area. As I said, that is what the bed of pick ups are for.

A weapon in a public dinig area may be needed (as we have seen many times in the news). While the act of love may be needed it is not normally an emergency and I thought the comparison was a poor one right up there with the gal from PETA's quote, "A pig, is a dog, is a rat, is a boy."

Not always but it can be, OC events are a statement. People carrying AKs and ARs on the street is a statement. Doesn't make it wrong, doesn't make it illegal, but it IS a statement.

Really anytime you OC it can be seen as a statement, may not be intentional but it sure does get the publics attention.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    i went there for lunch, no entertainment ....
    i think the kiss in is a bust..

If gay people actually only make up 4% of the population, how can it get any real following, except maybe in a few areas like San Francisco or the like.

Probably the news will pick a few areas and try to make it seem like a landslide effort.

Top Bottom