• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I fully understand that they have the freedom to express their views up to any legal level. Just as I would have the freedom to OC a gun.

However, I would find that having an extensive make out session would have as much good taste as me wearing a t-shirt while I OC that says, "This is a gun f***ers, I can legally wear it. If you don't like it f*** off."

I think your analogy fails unless they are wearing similar shirts.

skyscout

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    It isn't hare to divining their intent when they are posting about performing this as type of a protest. :rolleyes:

If I were a customer there, I would thank the people for making my meal experience not enjoyable. Ask if they would consider common decency and not continuing. Then I would just leave if they decided not to.

Depending on the situation, I may talk with the manage and express my displeasure with the other patrons that are ruining my meal experience.

I fully understand that they have the freedom to express their views up to any legal level. Just as I would have the freedom to OC a gun.

However, I would find that having an extensive make out session would have as much good taste as me wearing a t-shirt while I OC that says, "This is a gun f'ers, I can legally wear it. If you don't like it f off."

That is perfectly legal, but I would never wear that, because I find it in poor taste.

indyjoe...completely agree. as a matter of fact I am making it OC at CHick fil a day. I will be there...if others can do things to make a political statement while endorsing the idea of squelching free speech, then I can make a statement about my rights as well. BTW...chick fil a is more than welcome to ask me to leave....just like they are any other patron on their property.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I think your analogy fails unless they are wearing similar shirts.

How about my wife and I go into Chick-Fil-A while OCing and make out for a while specifically to bring attention to the fact that we are OCing?

(How would you know that was our intention? We would post on the internet about the big OC love in.)

Is that a close enough analogy?

I would see that in just as poor taste.

What is the alternative? Perhaps wearing a gay pride t-shirt and visiting the Chick-Fil-A restaurant and informing them why they are purchasing their food from somewhere else now. I think that wins more converts. Just as respectful OC'ers often do with the no guns no dollars movement.

One has the possibility of changing someone's viewpoint. The other will most likely just polarize people.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't understand why people feel the need to carry guns.

Carry Guns- To defend or protect ones self or family in the event of an attack.

Make out in Diner-To make families uncomfortable and to act as foreplay for the big event coming up later.

So close too each other in intent. It's scary how they both are...well....They both are sentences I guess??? So that's kind of the same thing??? Right???

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I don't really get it all together. It's not like the president of Chik-Fil-A tied some gay man to a fence and beat him to death with chicken sandwiches. I don't go there because it's gross and waffle fries are stupid.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    How about my wife and I go into Chick-Fil-A while OCing and make out for a while specifically to bring attention to the fact that we are OCing? Is that a close enough analogy? I would see that in just as poor taste.

I'm not making any arguments about whether it's in poor taste -- I'm not sure where you got that. I think it's sad that people are so bothered by what someone else does.

Do you see the calls for OC events that are frequently posted here as being different from the kiss-in?

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN

Make out in Diner-To make families uncomfortable and to act as foreplay for the big event coming up later.

So close too each other in intent. It's scary how they both are...well....They both are sentences I guess??? So that's kind of the same thing??? Right???

Why does intent matter again?

1) The business owner can ask someone to leave in either case.
    2) It's your problem if you're uncomfortable...same goes with anti-gun folks.

Honestly, we should be happy to protect the obscene, the uncomfortable, the odd, the poor taste. That's freedom. Freedom is not what makes the majority feel comfortable.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

Let me be a little more clear: The fact that YOU don't understand something, or that I don't, or that someone else doesn't, does not make it wrong or unreasonable. You don't understand why they kiss. OK, fine. Lots of people don't understand why we carry guns -- does that make us wrong?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Let me be a little more clear: The fact that YOU don't understand something, or that I don't, or that someone else doesn't, does not make it wrong or unreasonable. You don't understand why they kiss. OK, fine. Lots of people don't understand why we carry guns -- does that make us wrong?

just curious, did you see my post?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I'm not making any arguments about whether it's in poor taste -- I'm not sure where you got that. I think it's sad that people are so bothered by what someone else does.

Do you see the calls for OC events that are frequently posted here as being different from the kiss-in?

I am making no arguments about poor taste. I personally think that any couple making out in a restaurant is in poor taste. Period. That is my views.

Because if that, I would be bothered by a group of people making out as part of an organized protest. I don't care if you are playing tonsil hockey to save the whales. I find it in poor taste in a restaurant. I understand that it is perfectly legal, unless someone in control of the property decided to tell them to leave.

I also understand that many people could feel the same way about people OCing a firearm. However, they should respect my legal right to do so and I would have to comply with legal desires for me to vacate the premises.

Why do you find it sad that people are bothered by what other people do? I find my self bothered routinely by people's behavior that is selfish or just plain stupid.

Is it sad that I am bothered by people who drive dangerously because they feel that the road should be for their own exclusive use?

Is it sad that I am bothered by people who chose to dress like strippers when they go out?

Sorry, I'm sad. Me being bothered does not make me want to force these people to comply with what I like via laws. The world is filled with a huge variety of levels of common decency, politeness, etc. Oh, well. I can still be bothered by it.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

zing ... good one

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Chick-fil-A protesters to hold 'kiss-in'

Seriously??? Can I please take my kids to lunch today without having to see people sucking each others faces off. Good grief! I will choose to hit the drive thru today to feed the kids and satisfy my waffle fries and coke addiction for two reasons...1.) I support chick-fil-a because they got sucked into a political firestorm over something that has nothing to do with food and customer service 2.) I don't like bullies. I'm not worried about anyone's sexual orientation, I'm worried about feeding myself for lunch. I'm not gonna be sitting in my husbands lap groping and kissing him during lunch, because it's wildly inappropriate in a public place. So, why do I have to be ok with someone else kissing their "life partner" in that manner. Am I now a hater??? What ever happened to common courtesy and appropriate behavior in front of children??? Yes everyone has the right to free speech but CONSIDER THE AUDIENCE. My 6yr old doesn't care about you or your girlfriend/boyfriend. She just wants the honey barbecue sauce for her nuggets and is it ok for her to have a coke.

Come on people. Really???

Its no different than smoking in public, most people don't want to see it but does that mean we should trample on the rights of those who do smoke or want to kiss their partner?

Don't want to see that then go somewhere else, same argument the pro smoking folks use.

Besides, since when did two people kissing become so obscene? God people need to get a life and stop worry about all the garbage going on around them.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The perfect response to the Kiss In is an OC In, on the same day. It would make for a fascinating media event.

Top Bottom