• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Let me be a little more clear: The fact that YOU don't understand something, or that I don't, or that someone else doesn't, does not make it wrong or unreasonable. You don't understand why they kiss. OK, fine. Lots of people don't understand why we carry guns -- does that make us wrong?

Carrying a weapon is not a statement it's a means to defend oneself in case someone tries to harm.

I understand why they kiss. I do not understand why it has to be in a public dining area. As I said, that is what the bed of pick ups are for.

A weapon in a public dinig area may be needed (as we have seen many times in the news). While the act of love may be needed it is not normally an emergency and I thought the comparison was a poor one right up there with the gal from PETA's quote, "A pig, is a dog, is a rat, is a boy."

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. They should have included "as long as it doesn't offend anyone", I guess. OC if you want to. Kiss if you want to. Wear spandex if you want to. Spend your life worrying about what other people do if you want to.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I think Americans are too uptight, in general.

Live and let live. We want others to respect our right to pursue OUR version of happiness, but don't do such a good job of letting others pursue theirs, unless it looks just like ours.

Agreed.

I care nothing about what CFA's honcho thinks about gay marriage.

I care a great deal about the fact that his company contributes money to organizations that want to prevent people from marrying who they choose. That represents not an opinion, but an ACT to hurt people that haven't hurt him.

CFA has a right to engage in legal commerce regardless of their CEO's bigotry.

I have a right to not patronize them.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    What I wonder is how many of the heterosexual gun owners it would really freak out as cognitive dissonance set in.

I'm sure some would. I follow the judge no, lest ye be judged methodology as much as possible. I don't have to agree with everyone's actions to associate with them. I certainly have enough failures of my own, that it laughable for me to demand that everyone conform to what I consider normal. :D

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Agreed.

I care a great deal about the fact that his company contributes money to organizations that want to prevent people from marrying who they choose. That represents not an opinion, but an ACT to hurt people that haven't hurt him.

Which is the correct response.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'm sure some would. I follow the judge no, lest ye be judged methodology as much as possible. I don't have to agree with everyone's actions to associate with them. I certainly have enough failures of my own, that it laughable for me to demand that everyone conform to what I consider normal. :D

I have this image in my mind of someone looking on going "hey, look at those gay liberal scum doing their PDA! That's disgusting! Wait a minute, they have guns on their hips! How can they be liberal scum if they believe in the RKBA!" And then their head explodes.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Agreed.

That's been my opinion on the matter all along.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    This sums up my feeling about it anymore.

Chickfila.jpg

^^^^THIS^^^^

I guess some people dont consider what the CEO of Chik-fil-a said was free speach, seems a little hipocritcal to me. The man voiced his opinion, Get Over It. God forbid someone else shares a different view of things :n00b:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Agreed.

He does not support bullies who are bullying society into redifining the definition of marriage. I.E. Think like I do or I will call you a "hater, bigot, or worse."

I think he is to be commended for his stance. Many comics and others have felt the wrath of the LGBT thought police and it has ruined their careers and sent them to "sensitivy training" (i e. re-education camps) to get them to think "the right way"

Over half of the country believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. Are you saying half the Country are bigots??? That's a mighty pure and big net you have there. Good luck with your goal of changing 2,000 years of social mores and calling those who disagree with you bigots. You should get alot supporters that way.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I went to CFA yesterday to show my support of them in respect to the Chicago politicians infringing on their legal right to do business.

The kiss in is a way to disrupt and make sport of the restaraunt chain. I could not care less, go ahead and kiss all you want, but you better be a customer, not a vagrant.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    ^^^^THIS^^^^

I guess some people dont consider what the CEO of Chik-fil-a said was free speach, seems a little hipocritcal to me. The man voiced his opinion, Get Over It. God forbid someone else shares a different view of things :n00b:

I don't think you have thought this all the way around,now all the people that do not agree with him are exercising their first amendment rights.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    All of you who are solidly against demonstrating in this manner are going to be equally vocal next time someone comes on INGO saying that some business doesn't support RKBA so we should do an OC there, right? Or is that different?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have this image in my mind of someone looking on going "hey, look at those gay liberal scum doing their PDA! That's disgusting! Wait a minute, they have guns on their hips! How can they be liberal scum if they believe in the RKBA!" And then their head explodes.

"I wish those people would keep their intense PDA in the bed room. That's disgusting! Look they have guns on their hips. Wish they also had a little common decency."

No head exploding in my view of the world.

I do believe that the CEO has the right to give money to any organization. I do believe that patronage of ANY establishment is the choice of the parton. I DON'T believe that giving money should be construed as FREE SPEECH. That is one of the problems of our society.

When this country was formed, it came from a place where the state church controlled far to much in the governance of the nation. Now we live in a country where the corporation controls too much in the governance of the nation. We have separation of Church and State. We NEED separation of Corporation and State.

No one will ever convince me that Corporations bribing Politicians (lets call it what it really is) is free speech. I don't care if the person "speaking with dollars" is on as side I support or oppose.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    All of you who are solidly against demonstrating in this manner are going to be equally vocal next time someone comes on INGO saying that some business doesn't support RKBA so we should do an OC there, right? Or is that different?

I wonder if when the CEO of that business comes out and says that guns are evil and no one should own them and here's a check for $5 million to the Brady Campaign, if all those "I support free speech" people here will go in to show their appreciation for his free speech. Because it's all about the free speech so I'm told. Because I'm refusing to do business there too.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom