• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It's sad that he had to spend over a year in prison, but glad the outcome was in his favor.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How could the dumb bass prosecutor even go for a murder conviction with
    the facts that were laid out in the story?

Did he read "homicide" on the coroners report and he got confused? :dunno:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Prosecutors don't care about right or wrong, or justice. They only care about prosecuting. As far as they're concerned everyone's guilty and liable to be hammered. They're a major reason that our system is so screwed up.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They probably did not want this case being appealed. With facts like those, SCOTUS may have given us unfettered right to carry.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Agreed.

A man traveling with his family and minding his own business is attacked
    and he defends himself and is then ran through the legal ringer.

Just like frivolous lawsuits, the judge should be smart enough to throw crap like this out.

Prosecutors who bring frivolous charges and trials like this should be punished in some way as well, that is the only way the system will change.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Agreed.

A man traveling with his family and minding his own business is attacked
    and he defends himself and is then ran through the legal ringer.

Just like frivolous lawsuits, the judge should be smart enough to throw crap like this out.

Prosecutors who bring frivolous charges and trials like this should be punished in some way as well, that is the only way the system will change.

Agreed, repped.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Colour me very surprised that this man got off. Not sure if he's had to deal with other charges, though. He was CC'ing in Chicago and then had to use his firearm to protect himself and his child. I'm truly surprised that he got off, Maybe there is hope for Chicago, after all.

Father aquitted of murder after shooting attacker at bus stop

Wow...I am SHOCKED that they let him go.....Chicago hasn't been a gun friendly place since Capones day.......

And I agree, I am sure they will nail him on the CC issue......since carry in IL is basically against the law.....period.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    And I agree, I am sure they will nail him on the CC issue......since carry in IL is basically against the law.....period.

Then again the judge should be smart enough to throw it out or to let him walk with time already served.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    We can hope....but I have dealt with my share of activist judges over the years....and ones from the windy city....well......I am not holding my breath.

Don't they have a provision there that you can't get in trouble for illegally carrying a gun if you use it in self-defense?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Prosecutors don't care about right or wrong, or justice. They only care about prosecuting. As far as they're concerned everyone's guilty and liable to be hammered. They're a major reason that our system is so screwed up.

You do realize they are chosen via election by the people right??? Just how many prosecutors have you met to paint with that broad stroke?

The people get exactly who they chose to prosecute. If it really is as you say, perhaps "the people" are the reason the system is so "screwed up"?

Joe

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    Its sad he had to spend over a year in jail but I hope this opens someones eyes. If citizens could arm them selves Chicago and Illinois a safer place.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Even in Cook County that case is hard to sell for Murder. If you dig you'll see juries walking defendants in similar cases for a very long time.

That's a broad brush, Mr. J. I could do with less posturing, lapel-grabbing, heel rocking and who-farted postures, but that's not how they are to act. You can still talk sense to the majority of them.

What's wrong with the system is not them; it is that there are too many laws. More laws, less justice.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It's against the law in Chicago to carry a pistol. If you break the law you are liable to prosecution. You can't expect to just walk if you are caught. BUT, civil disobedience was used successfully by Dr. Martin Luther King to change unjust laws. He knew full well he would be arrested and didn't cry about the law being upheld, just that the law was unjust and had to be changed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Heck, if anyone farted it was probably our mutual friend JP S.... He probably farts every time he grabs his lapels or rocks on his heels.

Did you know he finally shaved that monkey butt off his face?

I guess he's not trying to look older any more.

For the record, JPS does not grab his lapels, but he does put his hands on his hips like this:

Barack_Obama_with_Superman.jpg

Top Bottom