• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    How does the gun check at the door work? What are the rules and how much risk of my gun getting lost? I tote around a carry pistol but don't want to leave it in the car bc cars can be broken into.

Rflix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Downtown
    ^ This but make sure it's cleared (no rounds in mag either) before you go in. They will chew you out if you do it in the building or any where near the building. I've seen the ticket lady flag down a LEO cause the guy in front of me had rounds in the mag. It was not a pretty sight.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've been twice. I handed of one my empty handguns to the officer. I never offered my loaded handgun or any loaded mag.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've been twice. I handed of one my empty handguns to the officer. I never offered my loaded handgun or any loaded mag.

Exactly. Why unload a mag if you don't have to?

Declare it to the security officers (off duty IMPD) - let them zip tie it.

Then, if you want, go to a bathroom stall, cut the zip tie, reload & reholster and then "enjoy" the gun show.

Remember - it's not against the law to carry your weapon at the gun show. Merely against the rules. Up to you to determine for yourself if you want to break those rules or not.

-J-

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis

Then, if you want, go to a bathroom stall, cut the zip tie, reload & reholster and then "enjoy" the gun show.

Remember - it's not against the law to carry your weapon at the gun show. Merely against the rules. Up to you to determine for yourself if you want to break those rules or not.

-J-

Wow... just wow. No wonder gun shows are so safe! :rockwoot:

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Wow... just wow. No wonder gun shows are so safe! :rockwoot:
    I don't see a problem with that. They zip tie everything - your carry gun as well as guns you brought to sell. The guns you bring to sell are going to be fondled so leave them tied. Hopefully your carry gun is going to stay in its holster.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012

-J-

We had selected the Top 10 most stupid posts of all time, and were just about to start voting, when you posted this gem. Now we have to kick one out to add this asinine post. Thanks....... :rolleyes:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Pray tell - why is my post stupid?

Is it stupid to walk around a shopping mall with a concealed gun?

Why, then, is it stupid to walk around a gun show with a concealed gun?

-J-

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Pray tell - why is my post stupid?

Is it stupid to walk around a shopping mall with a concealed gun?

Why, then, is it stupid to walk around a gun show with a concealed gun?

-J-

I always do this with mine. I don't chamber one but I do cut off the tie. Otherwise it won't fit in my holster. I suppose you could leave it in your car or at home if you want. :dunno:

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Said it before, say it again...

Concealed means concealed. Leave it tucked away and go on with your business. Whats the point of bringing it in as a "carry" gun if you have to try and get a ziptie off when you are in danger? Don't wanna leave it in the car? Were you afraid of being robbed driving on the interstate on the way in? Why bring it in the first place?

"Wait a minute crazy bad guy! I have to cut this ziptie off before we can start this dance. Jeez!"

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood

-J-

absolulty not.
    that's just terrible advice and a good way to get you banned for life and in some serious trouble/jail time.. even the people with booths aren't supposed to have loaded guns.
    DO NOT IN ANY WAY LOAD YOUR GUN INSIDE OF THE BUILDING OR PUT THE LOADED MAG BACK INTO THE GUN.

gunfan72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    If your bringing to carry then carry. Like if you plan on showing one person i dont consider your reason to be CC. If your bringing to sell then zip tie it cause your gonna be passing it back and forth a lot.

Example when I carry and since I've never had to draw my firearm it doesn't make and appearance until Iam back home. Why would 1500 be any different?

G19ccer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Peru
    I sense a little paranoia and fear mongering taking place here. Apparently even folks on a gun forum think that guns can jump right out of a holster and shoot up the place.

On second thought, leave it tied. The place is packed with 5 year old girls.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    absolulty not.
    that's just terrible advice and a good way to get you banned for life and in some serious trouble/jail time.. even the people with booths aren't supposed to have loaded guns.
    DO NOT IN ANY WAY LOAD YOUR GUN INSIDE OF THE BUILDING OR PUT THE LOADED MAG BACK INTO THE GUN.

"Against the gun show rules" =/= "against the law"

Also - no one is suggesting that the tables be full of loaded guns. That's asinine and in no way compares to what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is that it's up to you (generic you, not you specifically THard6) whether or not you keep your gun in the condition that it's handed back to you by the officer at the door.

If you can live with the consequences of being found out and asked to leave - then so be it. If you'd rather carry a useless firearm around - then so be it.

I fully advocate following the law. Following goofy rules - eh...

-J-

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    They check for the zip tie on the way out. If your gun doesn't have one, and you didn't buy it at the show (and have the receipt), they will assume that it was stolen. Don't know about you, but that's not how I want to spend an afternoon.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    13585568-young-handsome-man-with-hip-style-sitting-on-stool-against-white-background.jpg

Top Bottom