• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK just thought I would throw this out there (sorry if It is already here)
    Why it is that Charlie sheen can have such a checkered past with Alcohol and drug abuse, prostitutes, domestic violence such as beating and shooting your ex fiancé and putting a knife to the throat of your current wife just to name a few…
    Then you have Tiger Woods who has extra marital affairs
    Just to clarify I don’t agree, condone or accept what either has done but Charlie continues living the high life (with the exception of a couple of days in jail) hasn’t been fired or lost sponsors. You don’t see it plastered all over the media, woman’s rights activist don’t seem to be up in arms and he is not the punch line of every other joke being told on tv. This guy is unstable and violent.
    Then you have Tiger Woods. The country is working to destroy him and his family financially. Yes he stepped out and played the field but damn! Why is everyone so quick to pass judgment and throw this guy to the lions. What is up with this? By the way I don’t golf and I am not a fan. I am Just curious about the double standard thing here.

Last edited:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    No little boys and girls want to grow up and be Charlie Sheen, he isn't a role model in a professional sport with standards, or behavior regulations. His endorsements probably don't have an "Embarrassment Clause". He has made his career out of being a drunken womanizer.

Dennis0130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Goshen, IN
    I'm not sure on the whole Charlie Sheen thing, but I'm an avid golfer and I have admired Tiger Woods since I was young. I think that people who want to throw Tiger under the bus for what he did in private life need to hit the links. It takes lots of skill and practice to do what he does. I'm not trying to condone what he did though but his private life I beleive is his private life.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    People already know Charlie Sheen is a spoiled jerk. They were surprised to find that Tiger Woods is human.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Just to clarify I don’t agree, condone or accept what either has done

I'm not trying to condone what he did though but his private life I beleive is his private life.

I have no problem condoning either of them, Charlie has false idols and Tiger made a promise to his spouse and to Buddha. Don't confuse my condoning as being a Hypocritical Judgmental Christian... I am just holding them accountable for their sins.

Dennis0130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Goshen, IN
    I agree completly with you on holding them accountable and thats the way I was brought up but to turn him into a social pariah over this doesn't seem right.

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I agree

I'm not sure on the whole Charlie Sheen thing, but I'm an avid golfer and I have admired Tiger Woods since I was young. I think that people who want to throw Tiger under the bus for what he did in private life need to hit the links. It takes lots of skill and practice to do what he does. I'm not trying to condone what he did though but his private life I beleive is his private life.
    I agree. The public should keep out of some ones private life. Tiger screwed up and he will answer for it to someone greater than CNN. I just think its crap. People in general enjoy seeing people fall, in a case like Tiger Woods, he is a man like any other. Capable of falling. Just imagine if you’re (anyone reading this) private life were put up on the internet or on T.V. for everyone to scrutinize. I know I for one would never be able to look at friends or family in the eyes again.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have no problem condoning either of them, Charlie has false idols and Tiger made a promise to his spouse and to Buddha. Don't confuse my condoning as being a Hypocritical Judgmental Christian... I am just holding them accountable for their sins.

Condoning = I don't think that means what you think it means. :D

condemning = :):

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    our place

Its not our place to hold either of them accountable for their Sins
    1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
    3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
    Matthew 7
    I agree they should be held accountable. Sin is Sin. again it won’t be me passing judgment. I just don’t understand why the public has to crucify him

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    verb

Condoning = I don't think that means what you think it means. :D

condemning = :):
    Sorry I was using it in the context of 2 and 3 more trying to say I do not find it acceptable
    verb (used with object), -doned, -don⋅ing. 1.to disregard or overlook (something illegal, objectionable, or the like).2.to give tacit approval to: By his silence, he seemed to condone their behavior. 3.to pardon or forgive (an offense); excuse.4.to cause the condonation of.5.Law. to forgive or act so as to imply forgiveness of (a violation of the marriage vow).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sorry I was using it in the context of 2 and 3 more trying to say I do not find it acceptable
    verb (used with object), -doned, -don⋅ing. 1.to disregard or overlook (something illegal, objectionable, or the like).2.to give tacit approval to: By his silence, he seemed to condone their behavior. 3.to pardon or forgive (an offense); excuse.4.to cause the condonation of.5.Law. to forgive or act so as to imply forgiveness of (a violation of the marriage vow).

Not you dman65 I was:stickpoke:redneckmedic, he likes that. :):

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Its not our place to hold either of them accountable for their Sins
    1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
    Matthew 7
    I agree they should be held accountable. Sin is Sin. again it won’t be me passing judgment. I just don’t understand why the public has to crucify him

Really?!? You have never had an accountability partner before? As Christians it is our responsibility make sure we stay strong in our walk.

John 7:24 states: "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment"

Neither of those incomplete scriptures fit to what I am talking about.

1. I specifically said, I wasn't judging
    2. If you read the entire verse in Matthew Jesus was on Mountainside. He was specifically talking about not recognizing your own sins but being to point out someone else's.

I am not singling out their sins, just simplify commenting on the thread. This Christian slamming Christian for simply spreading God's word thing has got to stop.:xmad:

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    calm down Redneck

Calm down dude. I am not slamming you, I certainly dont need you to preach to me.
    Back off dude I was just bringing up a topic for discussion

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Calm down dude. I am not slamming you, I certainly dont need you to preach to me.
    Back off dude I was just bringing up a topic for discussion

Brother man, I am calm (hints: :laugh:)

I wasn't preaching at anyone, just disputing the Bible Quote you shot at my point in case.

This is merely a discussion. All good here man. ;)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trust me OP.

There are many, many people that could care less about Tiger and Charlie. It's just that television news and radio whores that need attention for themselves.

And if we watch and listen, we give them the attention that they are so obsessed with.

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    yup

:)I agree... I just change the channel when the news starts reporting on crap like that… well kind of like when Opra comes on the tv

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I don't watch much golf, but surely it's going to become more interesting when Tiger Woods is standing in the middle of the fairway wearing a helmet.

Speed Kills

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Honestly? I don't give a rat's *** about either one of 'em. Our society puts entirely too much emphasis on the lives of these pointless celebrities anyways....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom