• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Yeah i thought so too now i got 2 negative reps because people cant keep their finger off the trigger. These type of people should own firearms they are to quick to judge an d insult. "Oh look a bad guy.. Boom.. dead.."

No, I actually thought about it for a while and decided that you deserve it, as you didn't contribute to the thread and I completely disagreed with your post in its entirety. That is BTW what a Neg Rep is for, not a vendetta nor itchy trigger finger.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Ok, I'm sure this has been explained before but I have to ask again. How would someone know if the sunday school is not considered day care/school. Both would keep us from exercising LTCH. Yes? No? My church calls it "little people church".

Based on the Indiana Code below, I would conclude that if it doesn't include academic assistance (i.e. it is religious education only), it would not be considered a "school" or "school property" in IC 35-47-2 which governs carry laws. Most subsections below pertain to academic development and state sanctioned schools so the spirit of the code would would have me conclude that religious education (exclusively) isn't considered a "school" by the Indiana Code.

Indiana Code 35-41-1

IC 35-41-1-24.7
    "School property" defined
    Sec. 24.7. "School property" means the following:
    (1) A building or other structure owned or rented by:
    (A) a school corporation;
    (B) an entity that is required to be licensed under IC 12-17.2 or IC 31-27;
    (C) a private school that is not supported and maintained by funds realized from the imposition of a tax on property, income, or sales; or
    (D) a federal, state, local, or nonprofit program or service operated to serve, assist, or otherwise benefit children who are at least three (3) years of age and not yet enrolled in kindergarten, including the following:
    (i) A Head Start program under 42 U.S.C. 9831 et seq.
    (ii) A special education preschool program.
    (iii) A developmental child care program for preschool children.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For what it's worth, the "1000 feet" law to which most refer is a Federal law, not Indiana (aside from the enhance penalty for carrying that close to a school without a license to carry) law. Also note that if you have a state-issued license to carry, the 1000 ft. Federal does not apply to you.

Church is one of the few places where concealed carry is almost always the best choice for all for a variety of reasons. I'm sure there are some gun-friendly churches that are exceptions.

eliteimagery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Elkhart, IN
    I'd ask the Pastor, or council of the church. I see nothing wrong with it, as even that church in Colorado had armed security who put a stop to the madness of an out of control person.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I will never understand why people think that one place or another is safe from violence. The never happened here before crowd. If it made any sense at all then only people that have been attacked should carry guns. - George

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I will never understand why people think that one place or another is safe from violence. The never happened here before crowd. If it made any sense at all then only people that have been attacked should carry guns. - George

Very true, the only place you are safe is in your coffin.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    My church allows CCW holders to carry in church. My wife didn't understand why till the abortion doctor was shot and killed. Crazy people goto church too or have access to them.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    My church allows CCW holders to carry in church. My wife didn't understand why till the abortion doctor was shot and killed. Crazy people goto church too or have access to them.

What about that church in S. Africa around 1994... some terrorists went in with the intent of killing every single person of the thousand plus in the congregation... had grenades, nail rigged grenades, ak's etc... they assumed it was a gun free zone, one congregation member stood up and killed them... only something like 11 congregation members died that day instead of a thousand plus.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    It is legal in this state, but against my church's policy. I submit to the authority of the church and DO NOT ccw in the church bldg itself.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I have my CCP and I carry at chuch. I have two small children and its my job to protect them. Same reason they wear seatbelts, I have smoke detectors, and hand sanitizer for them.

Top Bottom