• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It is legal in Indiana, so long as there is no daycare or preschool attached to the church. Sunday school is not day care or preschool.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Ok. I thought I read at one time( I may have just dreamed it) that it had to be approved, lack of a better word, by clergy or trustees(or someone important). I know that sounds stupid but I thought for sure I read that some where.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Ok. I thought I read at one time( I may have just dreamed it) that it had to be approved, lack of a better word, by clergy or trustees(or someone important). I know that sounds stupid but I thought for sure I read that some where.

That is the law in some states, but not here.

Might be an internal rule for some churches, though that doesn't bear the force of law.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I really don't wanna make a big deal about it at church. I just really don't like the idea of not being able to protect my family @ church.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Yeah like said above... just be careful if they have a daycare/school... then it's a no no (unless you are o the payroll, if anything approach the Church leadership and ask if they'll pay you 1 penny a year to be a janitor or something)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    So basically if you go to a larger church that does have a daycare, and is a k-4 school during the week its illegal? :dunno:

Yes. In Indiana, a school is never "not a school". Weekends or at 3:00am during a hot summer night when school hasn't been in session for a month. It's still a school.

The key issue is that the "school" or daycare at the church needs to be LICENSED. If there is ZERO state involvement what so ever, IE any kind of inspections, license payments, etc, then it's my understanding that it then does not meet the I.C. definition of a "school".

It should also be noted that Headstart programs are also considered to be verboten by Indiana Code.

Shouldn't the lord be protecting you there?

Take your cynicism (and ignorance of Judeo-Christian theology) elsewhere, please. This thread is not the place for it.

-J-

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    God's Protection While in Church

Shouldn't the lord be protecting you there?

This is a bit like suggesting if God meant for humanity to fly he would have given them wings. :rolleyes: It addresses the wrong issues. Clearly, God does protect His people, but often that protection comes from other people. For example, after the Flood (Genesis 6-9, note especially verses 1-6 which indicate violence was a serious problem (BTW, the "sons of God" in that passage does not refer to incubus), God instituted human government to restrain evil, especially violence. This is further explained by St. Paul in Romans 13:1-10, especially verses 1-4.

As we all know, especially on this forum, it is the duty of the government to ensure domestic tranquility and provide for the common defense. When governments fail to do so, it is the right and duty of the people to alter or abolish that government. :patriot: Today, we see Christians being demonized in the public domain. They and Fat People are the only ones to whom "political correctness" does not apply. (Note in the media how often Christians are maligned and mocked in a way that would never be tolerated if the negative statements were directed against ethnic minorities or other religions, such as Islam.) Since the government is weak in protecting the civil liberties of Christians, and because I cannot carry a policeman with me 24/7 :):, I determined to take action. I wrote the following on a different thread on :ingo:, but it fits here so I will post it again.

I carry the Glock 26. I decided to join the CCW after reading about a killer shooting up a church training site in Colorado—shooting until he got everyone he wanted because no one there had the ability to stop him, who then went to a church in Colorado Springs (I think) and started shooting up a church service. He was stopped by a woman who was carrying a licensed firearm. These events made me realize that no one at my church activities is prepared for such an event. I decided that I trust myself with a weapon more than I trust anyone else. I also realized that I have the confidence of the people at the groups I attend, so if I am "outed" for CC, the reaction will be more muted because of my reputation.

I am a husband and a father. I intend to protect my family to the best of my ability. :draw: I am not looking for a chance to be a hero. I am not a "first responder," looking for a chance to intervene in a melée to prove my manhood, or anything else. I just plan to protect my family. That is a duty God has given to me and I intend to do it to the best of my ability. I believe this is the first step in God's protection of my family.

In short, one of God's means of protecting innocent people is a well prepared husband and father, one who is willing to go to jail or give his life to protect his family.:twocents:

My apology to the OP for hi-jacking his thread. :hijack: I thought it was worth a reply, and related to the question of CC in church.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    This is a bit like suggesting if God meant for humanity to fly he would have given them wings. :rolleyes: It addresses the wrong issues. Clearly, God does protect His people, but often that protection comes from other people. For example, after the Flood (Genesis 6-9, note especially verses 1-6 which indicate violence was a serious problem (BTW, the "sons of God" in that passage does not refer to incubus), God instituted human government to restrain evil, especially violence. This is further explained by St. Paul in Romans 13:1-10, especially verses 1-4.

As we all know, especially on this forum, it is the duty of the government to ensure domestic tranquility and provide for the common defense. When governments fail to do so, it is the right and duty of the people to alter or abolish that government. :patriot: Today, we see Christians being demonized in the public domain. They and Fat People are the only ones to whom "political correctness" does not apply. (Note in the media how often Christians are maligned and mocked in a way that would never be tolerated if the negative statements were directed against ethnic minorities or other religions, such as Islam.) Since the government is weak in protecting the civil liberties of Christians, and because I cannot carry a policeman with me 24/7 :):, I determined to take action. I wrote the following on a different thread on :ingo:, but it fits here so I will post it again.

I carry the Glock 26. I decided to join the CCW after reading about a killer shooting up a church training site in Colorado—shooting until he got everyone he wanted because no one there had the ability to stop him, who then went to a church in Colorado Springs (I think) and started shooting up a church service. He was stopped by a woman who was carrying a licensed firearm. These events made me realize that no one at my church activities is prepared for such an event. I decided that I trust myself with a weapon more than I trust anyone else. I also realized that I have the confidence of the people at the groups I attend, so if I am "outed" for CC, the reaction will be more muted because of my reputation.

I am a husband and a father. I intend to protect my family to the best of my ability. :draw: I am not looking for a chance to be a hero. I am not a "first responder," looking for a chance to intervene in a melée to prove my manhood, or anything else. I just plan to protect my family. That is a duty God has given to me and I intend to do it to the best of my ability. I believe this is the first step in God's protection of my family.

In short, one of God's means of protecting innocent people is a well prepared husband and father, one who is willing to go to jail or give his life to protect his family.:twocents:

My apology to the OP for hi-jacking his thread. :hijack: I thought it was worth a reply, and related to the question of CC in church.

You make good points. I'd like to ad that humans also have a will of their own. The Lord can, but DOES NOT interfere with human will; or else we would ALL serve Him against our will.
    That being said, a human can decide to kill and destroy all on its own. SO, the Lord gave US a brain in which to think ahead, feed ourselves and even protect ourselves when needed.
    Another point: I think there is a HUGE difference between being a martyr for the Kingdom of God and His glory, and just simply laying down in cowardice as someone slays you.
    We don't carry to kill, we carry to deter and survive. Perhaps that needs to be said also.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You make good points. I'd like to ad that humans also have a will of their own. The Lord can, but DOES NOT interfere with human will; or else we would ALL serve Him against our will.
    That being said, a human can decide to kill and destroy all on its own. SO, the Lord gave US a brain in which to think ahead, feed ourselves and even protect ourselves when needed.
    Another point: I think there is a HUGE difference between being a martyr for the Kingdom of God and His glory, and just simply laying down in cowardice as someone slays you.
    We don't carry to kill, we carry to deter and survive. Perhaps that needs to be said also.

Well said, Mettle.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    i have carried in church for 12 years now. always CC and don't let anyone know about it just not to ripple the water. i don't know what my church would say about it although there is no written "guideline" about anyone carrying a weapon. i suggest everyone carry everywhere you feel comfortable. bad people don't care if you're in church, or at the grocery store, or at work or ect. always be prepared.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    That only applies if they have a school or daycare on site.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    It is legal in Indiana, so long as there is no daycare or preschool attached to the church. Sunday school is not day care or preschool.

I agree w/ this, but, I did have a heated discussion w/ the Hamilto Co. Prosecutors Investigator a few years ago. He tried to tell me that I couldn't have a gun w/ in 1000' of my church!

I carry to church, regardless.

Top Bottom