CathyInBlue Shootered??? (Also, what's for breakfast??)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Well, the 'experiment' proceeded exactly as anticipated, with exactly the outcome expected, by exactly the parties predicted.

The failure doesn't lie with the participants, typically. The failure lies with those who neglect (or refuse) to anticipate and plan for the predictable. Subsequent faltering rhetoric in no way tempers that failure.

Until the problem is rectified, open and honest discussion will ever be stifled, free expression denied. The price is paid, but the cost is uncounted.

Please, enlighten us as to how you would have prevented this "failure"..

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, the 'experiment' proceeded exactly as anticipated, with exactly the outcome expected, by exactly the parties predicted.

The failure doesn't lie with the participants, typically. The failure lies with those who neglect (or refuse) to anticipate and plan for the predictable. Subsequent faltering rhetoric in no way tempers that failure.

Until the problem is rectified, open and honest discussion will ever be stifled, free expression denied. The price is paid, but the cost is uncounted.

I have no idea what that even means.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The answer probably follows along this line:

21d8848c86a5a6446cdcaf4935e97e5a.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

So you are saying this is the fault of a small group of people who saw fit to ask the site owner to let the members have the freedom to express their beliefs. To lift a long standing ban and allow free discussion (civil discussion) about religion and how it is shaping the politic's of the world.
    You are saying we are the reason this "Experiment" is failing. Is that what you are saying. Be very clear here. Seriously.

When you open up the playground and the usual players cause the first dust up then they are the ones to blame. Am I missing anything.

Keep on the path you are following. I went out on a limb as did a few others to let this "Experiment" take place. If we put our trust in the membership to act like adults and you see that as a failure.....well, do you. Again, be very clear.

You have basically called me out in open forum. That is how I see this.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Please know that we are monitoring this (religion) as we said we would from the start.
    We asked for civility and observance of existing forum rules.
    For the most part that was followed by the majority.
    I was to watch this (new guy) and read most every post. I did send some PM's asking that tone/rhetoric be turned down and save for 1 they complied.
    I eased off reading every single post and let the threads run on as it seemed to be doing OK.
    Right after that there was a dust up. Tensions rose, things were said and decorum broke down.
    Just like we said at the first this was dealt with.
    Cathy has stated that even a temp ban would keep her away. I hope she did not mean this as she wrote her own ticket. D-ric the same.
    If they choose to return I will welcome them both. If not, business as usual.
    That is where we stand.
    I really want this experiment......yes, again ,experiment to succeed. This is up to you all.

To those who feel we are heavy handed and only let the village idiots stay....well....really. Not cool.

Meh, they'll both be back. People always make those kind of threats. I've never been banned (ha, ha suckers!), but if I was, while I'd love to say I wouldn't be back, I know, I would.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Meh, they'll both be back. People always make those kind of threats. I've never been banned (ha, ha suckers!), but if I was, while I'd love to say I wouldn't be back, I know, I would.

Heck Kut.......where else can you have this much fun.......for free........with your cloths on, or not.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I am just curious as to what the smartest man in the thread thinks we could have done to prevent how others choose to act.

Since you asked... :)

Nothing. You can't control how others choose to act. You can only lay out clear expectations, lead by example, and then follow through with appropriate consequences if those expectations are not met.

TL;DR?

"Y'all done good." :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know what he is thinking but if his thoughts are similar to mine, it has nothing to do with you.

Referring to the experiment and expectations/planning etc. Looks pretty close to what I stated.......very close actually.

If I am missing something in his post then I will stand corrected. If not......................:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom