Catholic Leaders Threaten Obama With 100% Chance of Civil Disobedience Read more

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Not confused in the least. Just seeing the manufactured outrage for what it is. As for the nazi reference....it stands. The current pope was a Hitler jugend, by his own admission. Makes him a former nazi in any reality, even yours.

I dont think any outrage over obamacare is irrelevant simply because it seems insincere.

So what if he was a nazi? He isnt one now. Are you claiming that he is still a nazi at heart? It seems like you are using an ad hominem against the pope to discredit the outrage over obamacare. How does that make his objections any less relevant?

I think you are throwing sand in the eyes of potential allies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was on his case because it seemed inconsistent to me from what I have read him say before. I agree with him on many issues but religion is probably not one of them. Not every libertarian is a militant atheist. In fact, libertarianism has nothing to do with religion at all.

I understand that latter part. As I said, there are quite a few that do not sympathize with people of faith.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I am a libertarian and believe the initiation of force is wrong. I am also a christian. I am certainly not perfect and I know that no one is.

I was on his case because it seemed inconsistent to me from what I have read him say before. I agree with him on many issues but religion is probably not one of them. Not every libertarian is a militant atheist. In fact, libertarianism has nothing to do with religion at all.

Everyone needs a little humility including me. And no one as yet has answered any of the hard philosophical questions I asked earlier. You cant in fact answer those questions without acknowledging that the people on the other side of the argument are not just stupid, small minded people who believe in fairy tales.

It is sad that many atheists assume that Catholics are mentally deficient simply because they are Catholics. It is also funny since many atheists like philosophy. They apparently never read Thomas Aquinas or St. Augustine.

It is hard to discredit a position if you do not even know what the position is.
    Please do not confuse Catholicism with Christianity. Just a tad bit different. I was raised Catholic and now know better, I AM Christian however.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Please do not confuse Catholicism with Christianity. Just a tad bit different. I was raised Catholic and now know better, I AM Christian however.

I dont think I was confusing the two. I know a handful of Catholics and my family is very close friends with a Catholic family. I would caution anyone against assuming anything about anyone simply because they use a certain label to describe themselves. I know that was vague but I think we are in a grey area here with forum rules.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I dont think I was confusing the two. I know a handful of Catholics and my family is very close friends with a Catholic family. I would caution anyone against assuming anything about anyone simply because they use a certain label to describe themselves. I know that was vague but I think we are in a grey area here with forum rules.
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I think many of the rules seem a bit relaxed lately but no reason to break them of course.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Not confused in the least. Just seeing the manufactured outrage for what it is. As for the nazi reference....it stands. The current pope was a Hitler jugend, by his own admission. Makes him a former nazi in any reality, even yours.

In an insane world, the insane, appear to be sane.

Good luck with that. Bigot.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

Apparently you don't know better. Spend some time reading and researching the history of Christianity. Just because your momma took you to Mass, doesn't mean you learned anything in Sunday School.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Its odd that someone can be charged, tried and put in jail for killing an unborn baby in its mother's womb.
    Do you believe in magic? What happened that changed the little thing inside its mom into a human being that deserves rights like you do ? Is the birth canal a magical portal to person hood?
    That argument holds no water. I mean, come on, the baby is alive in its mother's womb and if left alone it will be born alive. Where is the magical point at which it becomes a life ?
    Mental gymnastics like that do nothing but allow people to make choices that deep down they know are wrong.

Abortion is murder.
    I'll stand with the Catholics.

Your high school biology teacher called. They want your diploma back.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Apparently you don't know better. Spend some time reading and researching the history of Christianity. Just because your momma took you to Mass, doesn't mean you learned anything in Sunday School.

The Protestant Reformation would seem to indicate that there is indeed a rift of belief between Catholicism and Protestant Christianity, particularly since many of the reformers were excommunicated for the beliefs that your average Protestant would espouse.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    d_2634.jpg

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    First, unless you flunked biology class, it's not "killing a baby". Whether or not the abortion of a partially-formed potential human is taking a life is a matter of disagreement among people. It's wrong to base legislation on a religious belief that many people don't share. It's a matter of personal conscience, and it's an act of arrogance to force one person to obey the superstitions of another.

Second, what's worse - allowing an individual to make their own decision about what may or may not be the taking of a life, or promoting policies that deny basic rights to people who have already been born? Pulling the rug out from under retirees and the poor will create unconscionable suffering - that is far worse.

Potential human? And at what point does a "potential" human become a real human? Does DNA suddenly go from "potential" human DNA to real human DNA when it passes through a birth canal? Does a heart only potentially beat inside the womb and actually beat when outside the womb? Does the brain only potentially function inside the womb and actually function when outside the womb? Do nerve cells only potentially function while inside the womb but actually function outside the womb? Can eyes only detect light outside the womb? Can ears only hear sound outside the womb and not inside the womb? Please note that I'm referring to biological functions not religious dogma.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm not condoning any initiation of force. Or a "slight of the state". The country isn't the government, and vice versa. Again, as I said earlier, if you take the kings coin and suck at that teat then you shouldn't be squealing when they set rules tat you may not like. In this case it's much ado about nothing. They're upset about an insurance mandate on birth control, not abortion. Just more nonsense from the catholic church and the hysterics. The mandate doesn't even cover abortions and the only mention of an abortifacient drug I can find is one for a drug called ella, which is not an abortifacient, and the hysteria covering it is all from the side of the catholics and their supporters, not science.

If you get in bed with the state you shouldn't be surprised when they set the rules. If the catholics and the others against this are dead set on it then they should stop accepting government funding and payments. There are strings attached to each penny.

Do you file income tax? Do you claim deductions and exemptions? How are you different if so?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Potential human? And at what point does a "potential" human become a real human? Does DNA suddenly go from "potential" human DNA to real human DNA when it passes through a birth canal? Does a beating heart only beat when outside the womb? Does the brain only function outside the womb? Do nerve cells only potentially function while inside the womb but actually function outside the womb? Can eyes only detect light outside the womb? Can ears only hear sound outside the womb and not inside the womb? Please note that I'm referring to biological functions not religious dogma.

those questions involve too much thinking for some. dont confuse them with the facts.

Top Bottom