Catholic Leaders Threaten Obama With 100% Chance of Civil Disobedience Read more

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Wasn't the Catholic vote for Obama 50%? Seems like half the Catholics are OK with abortion. Where am I wrong on this?

No, it means that 50% (or whatever) of the Catholics are not one-issue voters. They remember the "social justice" elements of Catholicism, and voted for the lesser of two evils.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    No, it means that 50% (or whatever) of the Catholics are not one-issue voters. They remember the "social justice" elements of Catholicism, and voted for the lesser of two evils.

Can you give me some examples of what is more evil than killing a baby?

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Can you give me some examples of what is more evil than killing a baby?

First, unless you flunked biology class, it's not "killing a baby". Whether or not the abortion of a partially-formed potential human is taking a life is a matter of disagreement among people. It's wrong to base legislation on a religious belief that many people don't share. It's a matter of personal conscience, and it's an act of arrogance to force one person to obey the superstitions of another.

Second, what's worse - allowing an individual to make their own decision about what may or may not be the taking of a life, or promoting policies that deny basic rights to people who have already been born? Pulling the rug out from under retirees and the poor will create unconscionable suffering - that is far worse.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    First, unless you flunked biology class, it's not "killing a baby". Whether or not the abortion of a partially-formed potential human is taking a life is a matter of disagreement among people. It's wrong to base legislation on a religious belief that many people don't share. It's a matter of personal conscience, and it's an act of arrogance to force one person to obey the superstitions of another.

Second, what's worse - allowing an individual to make their own decision about what may or may not be the taking of a life, or promoting policies that deny basic rights to people who have already been born? Pulling the rug out from under retirees and the poor will create unconscionable suffering - that is far worse.

Interesting that destroying Eagle eggs is a crime, but killing unborn human babies isn't.

Since we're allowing individuals to make their own decisions about what may or may not be the taking of a life, let's do away with all laws having to do with killing. After all, I may believe you need killing and who is to say I'm wrong, especially after you're dead? I'm sure we all know people who "jist need killin'"; since we've set the precedent with the demographic group least able to defend themselves, why not extend the principle all the way through all demographic groups?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

My son is 18, he would be dead if his mother had chosen to abort him 7 months into the pregnancy

Retirees? Not my problem, they should have taken care of themselves.

The poor? Get another job and quit expecting me to feed you.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So its ok to force a private institution to do something against its core value system because its belief id irrational?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I am against people taxing me to fund a practice I object to and forcing a private hospital to provide a service they morally object to. Do you feel they should have to provide such services?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

From the moment I found out I was pregnant with every child, I called it my baby...have never known a woman to loving place her hands on her flat belly and say I am having a fetus. Even a dog who is pregnant it is called having puppies not fetuses.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Yet Muslims sue the government because the meat packing plant they took a job at sells pork or store they work in has pork and alcohol they have to ring up.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012

The real question is:
    Is killing a partially-formed potential human murder?
    What kind of question is the former? Is it a scientific question? Is it a religious question? Is it a philosophical question?

What is murder? Is murder wrong? What kind of questions are those? Can science answer those questions? David Hume would say that you can not derive ought from is.

You say it is wrong to base legislation on a religious belief that many people dont share. Why do you assume it is a religious belief?

Exactly what do you base legislation on? Do you base
    legislation on science? Is it right to base legislation on philosophy? If not, why?

Have you given serious thought into answering any of these questions?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I also have one more question. I ask this seriously. It is not a joke. Seriously, I am not joking. Answer this question:

Why is the sky blue?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I also have one more question. I ask this seriously. It is not a joke. Seriously, I am not joking. Answer this question:

Why is the sky blue?
    I'll bite. It isn't. Do you want the technical explanation for why it APPEARS blue to the human eye? Why do you assume that it is blue in appearance to all creatures? Why don't dogs see color? Why do cats see people as just BIGGER cats?

Top Bottom