• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dead2rights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I would not bring it up with your superiors again, ever again, but CC. My life is more important to me than my job. Yes, you could be fired if you ever had to use your weapon to defend yourself, but even in this economy, your way more likely to find a job if your among the LIVING.

LOL, very true. If you do CC then no one should know until you're forced to use it, I rather be out of a job than my life.:twocents:

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Always carry, always be discrete. Never ask if they find out and you have not been told chances are they will tell you then rather than fire you. Hey you did not know. Once they tell you you can't carry, if they catch you you can for sure be fired. But you are not breaking a law.
    It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission sometimes.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Always carry, always be discrete. Never ask if they find out and you have not been told chances are they will tell you then rather than fire you. Hey you did not know. Once they tell you you can't carry, if they catch you you can for sure be fired. But you are not breaking a law.

Good advice for carry at work.

This part works for me with my wife.:D

"It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission"

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County

:yesway:

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    Yep. Just don't ever talk about it.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    You don't need to justify your choice to anyone.

Exactly. ATM is wise :D. ONLY you can make the decision on whether you carry or not.

If you can't figure out how to hide a 'pocket gun' then you need far more help than this forum can provide.

You come across (to me) as a juvenile with a 6 year old kid... my advise is to grow up. When you do, you'll realize that not everyone is out to get you, regardless of where you live... you don't need us to confirm what your employer already told you.

Didn't see anything that made me believe he felt "everyone" was "out to get" him. Sounded like someone concerned for his safety :yesway:

No hostility... we're just tried of all the "I just got my permit and my boss won't let me carry... help me to get fired" threads.

"WE" are NOT tired of these threads. ElsiePeaRN and USMC_0311 got it right :yesway:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    No hostility... we're just tried of all the "I just got my permit and my boss won't let me carry... help me to get fired" threads.

Speak for yourself, boss.

If I get tired of a particular thread, I just click another thread.

Try it the next time rather than **** all over an OP who is just asking a simple question.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    You come across (to me) as a juvenile with a 6 year old kid... my advise is to grow up. When you do, you'll realize that not everyone is out to get you, regardless of where you live... you don't need us to confirm what your employer already told you.

Wow spoken like a true *******. Enjoy your neg rep. To OP feel free to ask questions all you want. MOST of us here on INGO are actually here to help and give positive comments.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    To start with... I'm 56 years old and pretty set in my ways and opinion... which are not not open to debate. I couldn't care less about 'reputation', you can 'neg' me all you want.

Back on topic...

What part of "it's against company policy" do you guys not understand? Is your need to protect yourself so great, that you can't go without a gun for a 8-hour shift?

If your determined to carry anyway... fine, go ahead - but asking anyone for approval, to do an illegal thing - I'm pretty sure we won't care if you get fired for it, and I'm quite positive we won't take the blame if you do.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    To start with... I'm 56 years old and pretty set in my ways and opinion... which are not not open to debate. I couldn't care less about 'reputation', you can 'neg' me all you want.

Back on topic...

What part of "it's against company policy" do you guys not understand? Is your need to protect yourself so great, that you can't go without a gun for a 8-hour shift?

If your determined to carry anyway... fine, go ahead - but asking anyone for approval, to do an illegal thing - I'm pretty sure we won't care if you get fired for it, and I'm quite positive we won't take the blame if you do.

Good luck, friend. Many on here will carry no matter what if possible. Rights of private property mean little to those people. And they circle like vultures when a thread pops up that questions that.

I always find that part funny. They'll preach and preach about rights, but refuse to respect the rights of others when it might mean they might have to go without their gun for a little while. The right of a person to not have guns on their property is just as sacred as the right bear arms.:twocents:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

Back on topic...

If you post your opinions on this site then they are open to debate, nothing you can do about it but quit posting.

My need to protect myself is so great that it is 24/7.

Approval for a illegal thing? WTF are you talking about, if you have a LTCH then its legal. Does not matter what the boss thinks is legal.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    If you post your opinions on this site then they are open to debate, nothing you can do about it but quit posting.

The majority of what I post is based in fact... you'll know my opinions when and if I share them.

My need to protect myself is so great that it is 24/7.

Approval for a illegal thing? WTF are you talking about, if you have a LTCH then its legal. Does not matter what the boss thinks is legal.

I'm sorry to hear, that you live your life in fear... but a LTCH doesn't give you the right to carry on private property, weather that is a restaurant or your place of employment... one will get you fined for criminal trespass, the other will get you fired.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    The majority of what I post is based in fact... you'll know my opinions when and if I share them.

I'm sorry to hear, that you live your life in fear... but a LTCH doesn't give you the right to carry on private property, weather that is a restaurant or your place of employment... one will get you fined for criminal trespass, the other will get you fired.

Don't forget to back up your "facts" when you share your opinions.

Don't be sorry for me I do not live in fear because I carry 24/7. I wil not be fined or arrtested for criminal trespass because if I ain't welcome to be there armed I won't be there. If I lose my job it is only because I had to use it. It would also mean I would still be kickin and thats the whole point.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't live in fear either. I simply understand that bad things do happen & my Magic 8-Ball cannot predict them & company policies cannot prevent them.

I put my XDm into its MTAC, put that duo onto my belt, then tuck my shirt in over it every day. My company has a "no weapons" policy, as dictated by their insurance company. For over two years now, I've carried from ~7:30am -> ~10:00pm with no issues. I also carry a spare mag in a tuckable holster on my weak side. If I encounter evil in the course of my day, I'm equipped with at least the tools to stop it, if not the wits. If I never encounter evil in the course of my day...then good for me. My home may never catch fire either, but I still have two wall-mounted fire extinguishers, 5 smoke detectors, and fire insurance.

I'm doing no damage to my employer by carrying & the only risk taken is with my employment status...which I'm perfectly fine with. I don't think it's immoral to carry against policy because government intervention into the insurance field (incorrect court rulings, intra-state insurance regulations, etc.) & rampant hoplophobia have put me into a position where self-employment would be my only other option. My right to self-defense does matter to me. When rules & regulations are just, then I'll choose to obey them.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Good luck, friend. Many on here will carry no matter what if possible. Rights of private property mean little to those people. And they circle like vultures when a thread pops up that questions that.

I always find that part funny. They'll preach and preach about rights, but refuse to respect the rights of others when it might mean they might have to go without their gun for a little while. The right of a person to not have guns on their property is just as sacred as the right bear arms.:twocents:
    I think you're getting ALL of us confused with the OC crowd.:D
    Seriously though, if I walk into a store or restaurant, that is there to attract customers mind you, it is of no concern to them what I have in my pocket, or inside my waiste band. If the proprietor of that business has a problem with my gun, IF it happened to be seen, and I were asked to leave, trust me, I would respect the wishes of management and leave. You make it sound as if we are all a bunch of rowdies trying to disrupt someones property. :dunno:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington

Back on topic...

ummm, it's not illegal, against policy, may get fired, but not illegal.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Don't forget to back up your "facts" when you share your opinions.

Don't be sorry for me I do not live in fear because I carry 24/7. I wil not be fined or arrtested for criminal trespass because if I ain't welcome to be there armed I won't be there. If I lose my job it is only because I had to use it. It would also mean I would still be kickin and thats the whole point.

:+1:

Top Bottom