• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As I type this, I'm sitting in the Indiana Orthopedic Hospital, a building with signage on every entrance reading, in bright red, several inch-high letters, NO FIREARMS ALLOWED

I am committing no crime, nor does anyone but my wife know that I am armed. Concealed means concealed. If they do somehow discover my pistol, they may ask me to leave, before which point I am still welcome. My pistol, being concealed, could not see the sign, you see. Even if it could have, not being American made, it doesn't read English very well.

Let them waste money on signage. It's that much less they have to use on things that might actually affect us.

Blessings,
    Bill

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    As I type this, I'm sitting in the Indiana Orthopedic Hospital, a building with signage on every entrance reading, in bright red, several inch-high letters, NO FIREARMS ALLOWED

I am committing no crime, nor does anyone but my wife know that I am armed. Concealed means concealed. If they do somehow discover my pistol, they may ask me to leave, before which point I am still welcome. My pistol, being concealed, could not see the sign, you see. Even if it could have, not being American made, it doesn't read English very well.

Let them waste money on signage. It's that much less they have to use on things that might actually affect us.

Blessings,
    Bill

Calling hospital security now MWG!!! on my

Often wondered about my visits to the doc. Take your close off and put on this robe. I need to think about were I am going to keep my gun.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Ok so I've read ALOT of things online about carrying while at work but have not gotten any real answers....... I have my lifetime LTCH and I work as a groundskeeper at an apartment complex..... Am I allowed to carry while I'm on the property? I've asked my supervisor and he just said not while your on the clock..... My workplace has not provided me with any kind of documentation backing that up..... No signs in the workplace that says no firearms allowed.... I have not signed any paperwork saying that I will not/cannot carry while working..... PLEASE HELP...... I'm sure everyone had heard about the woman was killed in Indianapolis a few days ago at the Presidential Estates on the north side of Indianapolis...... that is less than a block from where I work...... even though he said I cannot, I do anyway..... but I was just looking for clarification on the issue....... ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! :ingo: :rockwoot:

If it's not in the company handbook you had to read and sign when you hired on there, I'd say that you screwed up by asking permission. That being said, it's not illegal, and may not even be against company policy, unless your direct supervisor is the one who SETS official company policy (i.e.-he owns the company).

If he happened to see you carrying one day and said something, you could either say "sorry, I forgot to leave it in my car" or "I read the employee handbook, and according to company policy, it's not forbidden." If he doesn't happen to notice that you are carrying, then it's not an issue. If you happen to have to use it at some point, they may try to fire you, but at least you would be alive for them to fire. Getting killed while on the clock is probably against company policy too, so I'd go with the option that ends with you being alive at the end of it.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    If your determined to carry anyway... fine, go ahead - but asking anyone for approval, to do an illegal thing - I'm pretty sure we won't care if you get fired for it, and I'm quite positive we won't take the blame if you do.

Its not illegal. Maybe you should look up the law before misquoting it. As far as being narrow minded have fun with that. Do I value my life over my job? Yes I do. If you value your job over your life you must live a very sad life.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Its not illegal. Maybe you should look up the law before misquoting it. As far as being narrow minded have fun with that. Do I value my life over my job? Yes I do. If you value your job over your life you must live a very sad life.

I'm obviously referring to company policy, not state law... illegal in the view of your employer. If 'you' wern't so narrow-minded you might have got that.

I retired when I was 48 (to sunny Arizona)... I was 56 on my last birthday.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'm obviously referring to company policy, not state law... illegal in the view of your employer. If 'you' wern't so narrow-minded you might have got that.

if you are referring to policy, it is not correct to say illegal, you surely know this! as for Lucas being narrow minded, I don't think so... to be honest I doubt anyone thought that you were referring to carrying being "illegal" regarding policy.

As for your age... longevity does not equal happiness.... so your response to Lucas bears no merit....:dunno:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood

Got what? "illegal in the view of your employer" makes no sense so there is nothing to get. It is illegal or not it doesn't matter who is viewing it.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    So this is like those threads about thumb safeties... you refuse to be swayed, so I'm going to let it go.

As far as my happiness is concerned... when you don't have to give 1/3 of your day to a job, life can be very good.

I hope you can say the same, when your time comes.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Calling hospital security now MWG!!! on my

Often wondered about my visits to the doc. Take your close off and put on this robe. I need to think about were I am going to keep my gun.
    Maybe, but if I were going to the doctor to drop my drawers, I would leave my gun in the locked car.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011

if you are in "sunny Arizona" why the hell are you on INDIANA gun owners ?

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    You can legally carry it - they can fire you if they wish.

You don't need to justify your choice to anyone.

Yes, Indiana is an "Employment at Will" state meaning they can pretty much fire you for anything. Even for the color of your hair. With it not being in their written policy, you may be able to collect unemployment if they fire you for it.

Top Bottom