• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did some more searching and now have found that (NO GUN) signage actually means little if anything at all other than being able to ask one to leave if they discover you do have a firearm on your person, loaded or not..

So this changes my whole discussion/thinking on this matter.

This was my understanding but things change so rapidly anymore. It is near impossible to keep up.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I won't do business with any gun shop that says "no loaded guns" on the door. Period. I actually went to one of the sponsors on this site because of recommendations and then just left the parking lot.

Frankly, its hypocrisy on the part of the owner. I'm sure if anyone asked you'd say its the responsible citizen's right to carry a firearm, but then you show you don't want it done in your business. What's the message? "Go be safe with your gun on someone else's property after you buy it here." If you are that scared of people with guns, you shouldn't be running a gun shop. Ridiculous.

Its also hypocrisy for anyone who shops there if they are also the type to boycott a McDonald's for not allowing guns. Would there be any less complaint if it said "no loaded guns?" at the restaurant and let you carry empty? No, we'd say how silly that is and laugh at how useless an empty gun is.

A gun shop I used to frequent before moving here had a sign that said "Loaded guns MUST REMAIN HOLSTERED at all times."

That makes all the difference in the world. It eliminates the gun shop employee's reasonable fear of getting shot with a AD, allows them to eject someone being an idiot with a gun for breaking the rules, but still supports the responsible carrying of firearms. It also eliminates the sneaky aspect of breaking someone's rules while you are a guest on their property, and yes you are a guest on someone's private property.

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    I CC at every gun show I attend. It's no different from any other place to me. My CC piece is never touched, I don't try holsters for it. It's just always there, there is no reason to remove it for a gun show, just like there is no reason to remove it for any other establishment.

I CCed at Kokomo today. While I was strapping guns at the door, mine was on my hip, concealed.

I think some requirements need to be set. If you are bringing in a gun to sell, find accessories for, etc, then it needs to be checked at the door.

However, your CC piece, that stays hidden/unmolested/untouched, has no reason to be unloaded.

marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I CCed at Kokomo today. While I was strapping guns at the door, mine was on my hip, concealed.

I think some requirements need to be set. If you are bringing in a gun to sell, find accessories for, etc, then it needs to be checked at the door.

However, your CC piece, that stays hidden/unmolested/untouched, has no reason to be unloaded.

Completely agree. Could you imagine the number of ND's that would regularly occur at some of these shows?

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy

Completely agree with you, and had we gone, I would've been CCing at Kokomo today as well :)

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Not true.

A restaurant / office / bank post those signs out of fear and a fallacy to it will prevent violence.

A gun show has those signs because of a knowledge of their clientel and a desire for safety from ND's, not in an effort to prevent violence.

If you do choose to carry at a gun show because your desire for control and personal protection trumps all, then be discrete and don't brag about it on INGO, please.

I carry at gun shows. Bragging does not come in to play. On INGO or anywhere else.

Whitey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Connersville
    we have the right to bare arms! It does not say bare arms only in certain places. This could be used by the anti gunners. thinking the gun show going people does not surport the right to bare arms by surporting this gun control.

marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    we have the right to bare arms! It does not say bare arms only in certain places. This could be used by the anti gunners. thinking the gun show going people does not surport the right to bare arms by surporting this gun control.
    This is 100% true and should be enough. Unfortunately there are a lot of stupid and otherwise irresponsible individuals that surround us. I would not officially support any sort of control nor will I personally complain about the restrictions at shows out of my own selfishness for safety.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Not true.
    A gun show has those signs because of a knowledge of their clientel and a desire for safety from ND's, not in an effort to prevent violence.

Are you serious???? Colorado, Columbine, both "no gun zones". Shall not infringe....what part of that do you not understand?

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    The store or movie theater doesn't have hundreds of people with firearms that are out of their holsters or being pointed/waved around. I would never go to a gun show if loaded weapons were allowed. Enough morons shoot themselves and others in the parking lot.

And while we're on the subject of a gun show's mandatory rules, I'd like to nominate deodorant as a requirement.

I agree with both the unloaded guns and the deodorant.
    I would chip in for some to be stationed at each door and each person would apply it before entry.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm not looking to cause trouble or taking a side on this. I'm just asking an honest question because this has always seemed to be something of a contradiction to me. As gun owners, we are all about the right to keep and bear arms. When a store or a movie theater declares that they are a "gun free zone", we rail against them. However, gun shops and gun shows (like the 1500) very often prohibit loaded firearms. How do we reconcile these two positions?

Because people tend to pull heir holstered weapons out to show them off, or to discuss trades. And when a gun leaves the holster, chances of a discharge increase greatly.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Are you serious???? Colorado, Columbine, both "no gun zones". Shall not infringe....what part of that do you not understand?

That's my point - they put up those stupid signs thinking they'll prevent gun violence. Gun show promoters do not put up signs to try to prevent gun violence.

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    youngda9, could you PM me your email address? I am trying to reach you regarding your SP101 but I cannot PM, visitor message you, or reply to your ad due to post count. Thanks.

I would caution against this, the mods here have no sense of humor, nor do they like this kind of rule breaking.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    youngda9, could you PM me your email address? I am trying to reach you regarding your SP101 but I cannot PM, visitor message you, or reply to your ad due to post count. Thanks.

Im not from IN but ive came across this website many times while searching for gun related topics of interests. This seems to be a very good community of gun owners. Just wanted to finally register and say hello.

hmmm:dunno:

CGS81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    I would caution against this, the mods here have no sense of humor, nor do they like this kind of rule breaking.

Well then how exactly are you supposed to speak directly with someone when you aren't allowed to PM? I thought the purpose of a forum was for discussing things some of which are for all to see and then other things can be done in private messaging?

Not exactly sure what the hmmm is about? Should I not join because I am not from IN?

In any event I've removed the post so if the almighty smiters that be want to smite me then so be it.

Top Bottom