• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I wondered if anyone would point this out....
    I dislike wannabe cops or people that seem to hav the need to interject themselves into a situation for the "glory". The OP also posted about reloading defensive rounds and told the story of his experience with a self defense situation, which is fine, but after hearing him call the Garrison show on open line Friday to tell the story, and how fast he was to tell the story in his other thread, I'm starting to get the notion he may be the type to interject for attention. IMHO, if I had to kill somebody, I don't think I'd want to talk about it openly, at least not with an awful lot of people I've never met?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I dislike wannabe cops or people that seem to hav the need to interject themselves into a situation for the "glory". The OP also posted about reloading defensive rounds and told the story of his experience with a self defense situation, which is fine, but after hearing him call the Garrison show on open line Friday to tell the story, and how fast he was to tell the story in his other thread, I'm starting to get the notion he may be the type to interject for attention. IMHO, if I had to kill somebody, I don't think I'd want to talk about it openly, at least not with an awful lot of people I've never met?
    I don't know why anybody shares any of their self defense experiences with INGO if it involved anything more than "I was vigilant and think I might have averted something, but never had to draw my firearm." Go beyond that and there are at least a dozen people waiting to tell you how you did it wrong. Who needs that?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I don't know why anybody shares any of their self defense experiences with INGO if it involved anything more than "I was vigilant and think I might have averted something, but never had to draw my firearm." Go beyond that and there are at least a dozen people waiting to tell you how you did it wrong. Who needs that?
    Well there's that to! I was more referring to the fact that most people that have had to do it probably have some amount of what if feelings, seems it's just natural. So why would I want to talk about it all the time, but you make a very valid point:D

gundog60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    South of Indy
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression. What impression was the man with the accent, also shopping at the same store as the concerned observer, trying to make? None of us posting on this forum knows, unless you are him. Had the overly concerned observer approached me in the same manner and using the same verbage he used on the Accent Man I would have told him take his Cyrano-nose and stick it in someone elses business-as we learned in Roadhouse-always be nice. LOL! I also probably would have asked AM what his choice was for OC and why?-if I did not recognize the weapon at first sight that is. The anti-gunners have already decided their position and are vigorously pursuing it-we as the firearms community must hang together, form an impenetrable front-or as the balance of the saying goes-we will all hang separately!!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    And you're right maybe in his home country that is acceptable to dress like that. But there's this thing call assimilation aka speak English and learn our customs. Welcome to America! Again no I didn't say because you're a biker you shouldn't carry I love bikers some of the best people I've ever met. I think you're just missing my point
    We aren't missing your point. You think if someone isn't as pretty or dressed as well as you, they shouldn't open carry.
    What if someone said something similar about those with tattoos?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    So what you're saying is that if you're in a shop 2 months after something like Sandy hook and a guy is causing a slight issue with his firearm and you see and understand what's going on you would not even so much as say a word? This doesn't mean you're a constitutionalist it means you have no balls
    Wow! Really? I have "no balls" if I don't go out of my way to inform someone else of my "opinion"!?

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    My intent on posting my experience in a self defense shooting was to maybe prevent others from making mistakes I had learned the hard way. Pretty much that was the only reason I joined INGO. But I guess either I'm real ****ed up for informing a guy that the way he dressed was scaring people or I'm not very good at making a point on public forums....or both. I just feel that simply because you can wear a ski mask and sling an AK pistol while walking around a store doesn't mean it's a good idea. I by no means think that what I went though was cool or seething to brag about because it wasn't. For 3 weeks I thought I may go to jail for defending myself. And as the single parent to a toddler that scared me to death. Again this is why I shared my mistakes to others. But I am wise enough to know when I've crossed a line and am not welcome. So that's pretty much it.

p.s. And no I'm not a want to be cop and don't dress like a cop. Far from it actually. Just a normal guy.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    My intent on posting my experience in a self defense shooting was to maybe prevent others from making mistakes I had learned the hard way. Pretty much that was the only reason I joined INGO. But I guess either I'm real ****ed up for informing a guy that the way he dressed was scaring people or I'm not very good at making a point on public forums....or both. I just feel that simply because you can wear a ski mask and sling an AK pistol while walking around a store doesn't mean it's a good idea. I by no means think that what I went though was cool or seething to brag about because it wasn't. For 3 weeks I thought I may go to jail for defending myself. And as the single parent to a toddler that scared me to death. Again this is why I shared my mistakes to others. But I am wise enough to know when I've crossed a line and am not welcome. So that's pretty much it.

p.s. And no I'm not a want to be cop and don't dress like a cop. Far from it actually. Just a normal guy.
    No one said you're not welcome here.
    But if you're going to hang here, you do need thick skin.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

What you don't see is that you are wrong. Period. You are supposed to be on our side no matter what, not just when you choose.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    No one said you're not welcome here.
    But if you're going to hang here, you do need thick skin.
    ^^^ This is useful advice.

I've made some dumb posts. I ran the gauntlet. Of course you're welcome here, but if someone disagrees with you they will let you know and you may not like what they have to say.

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    I have pretty thick skin (the only cop like feature I do have) but I joined in Jan and posted for the first time today. About this and my defensive shooting. Both well intended post that resulted in being called a liar, someone who thinks killing others is cool to brag about, and in general just feel that INGO may not be for me. Like I said I joined to try to help the open carry and 2A groups. But sharing an opinion or an experience shouldn't be this messed up.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Yeah, pretty sure you still don't (or can't) get it. It appears that your self-awareness is so limited that you can't grasp what has been shown to you several times by several different people with several different communication styles. Good luck!

(rhino out!) <--- for consistency

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    What you don't see is that you are wrong. Period. You are supposed to be on our side no matter what, not just when you choose.
    Backing anything wrong, right, or indifferent is not what this is about. If I went around shooting up stuff just because I had a permit to carry would you back that? I wasn't trying to deny anybody their right to do anything. Simply stating I think we should all make wise decisions on the way we present ourselves in public IF we want others to see that the open carry community isn't a bunch of freaks

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Backing anything wrong, right, or indifferent is not what this is about. If I went around shooting up stuff just because I had a permit to carry would you back that? I wasn't trying to deny anybody their right to do anything. Simply stating I think we should all make wise decisions on the way we present ourselves in public IF we want others to see that the open carry community isn't a bunch of freaks

Asking him to cover up is hurting us! Get it through your thick skull!

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    And it's obvious some people don't care and that's fine. I'm just not one to think "today I'm going to wear my Uzi, jungle boots, ski mask, and Ted for president hat because 'Merica that's why" if that's you good...you do what you do. I just feel like if you can't even consider another view point we as a whole may be in trouble

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    And it's obvious some people don't care and that's fine. I'm just not one to think "today I'm going to wear my Uzi, jungle boots, ski mask, and Ted for president hat because 'Merica that's why" if that's you good...you do what you do. I just feel like if you can't even consider another view point we as a whole may be in trouble
    Ok, so what if he did consider it and decided against it anyway? It's still none of your business.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

You keep exaggerating the what the man was actually wearing. How about you at least stick to the original description. If I go out wearing cargo pants, a Noveske shirt and OC a Glock 17 am I going to kill people? According to you I am.

Top Bottom