• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't think folks ought to go up to people who are causing no harm and otherwise minding their own business to stick their noses in and tell them what they think of the way they're carrying, how they're dressed, the color of their hair, or whatever. But like it or not, people judge other people by their personal criteria. And there's a lot of people out there that don't like guns, they don't want us carrying guns in their presence, around their children, or even at all-period.

Carry how you want; dress how you want; behave however you want; but be advised people will judge you and form opinions...and they get to vote too.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Wow. So simply because I notice that he's scaring people at a kids store and calmly suggested that maybe (that means opinion) he should consider covering up or not looking like a wanna be SWAT guy if he would. Rather not be avoided and make people nervous. Tough crowd. Sounds like a lot of the leftist I know "I'm open minded for ideas as long as they are the same as mine"
    I fail to understand how someone's appearance affects their right or ability to carry.
    do you see the irony in the bold portion of your statement?

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    Never have I been asked to conceal or was told I was frightening people. Then again I never dressed like a wannabe SWAT dude at a kids store and wonder why people literally ran out of the store Maybe there's a connection there...??? I'm not sure how many times I need to say I didn't tell him he couldn't or shouldn't open carry I just said maybe consider what you look like when you do so. Again I've stated that I support his right to dress, speak, and carry as he pleases. Only stating that maybe people should think about what their actions make the pro gun community look like.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Never have I been asked to conceal or was told I was frightening people. Then again I never dressed like a wannabe SWAT dude at a kids store and wonder why people literally ran out of the store Maybe there's a connection there...??? I'm not sure how many times I need to say I didn't tell him he couldn't or shouldn't open carry I just said maybe consider what you look like when you do so. Again I've stated that I support his right to dress, speak, and carry as he pleases. Only stating that maybe people should think about what their actions make the pro gun community look like.

It's the same thing. You can try and convince yourself otherwise, but if you weren't trying to tell him to change, what was the purpose of telling him anything at all?

I'm not worried what other LTCH holders look like or act like. Intelligent people will know that it was not the firearm that made the idiot act like an idiot. And stupid people who want to use the opportunity to denigrate firearms have already formed their opinions of firearms and firearm owners. Your argument is invalid, fallacious, and without merit.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    And you're right maybe in his home country that is acceptable to dress like that. But there's this thing call assimilation aka speak English and learn our customs. Welcome to America! Again no I didn't say because you're a biker you shouldn't carry I love bikers some of the best people I've ever met. I think you're just missing my point

Wat8.jpg

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

What are your actions making us look like?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I have seen plenty of people who scare people without even carrying a gun. But until they do something wrong, they haven't done anything wrong.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    And with that... Yep this isn't what I was hoping it was. Stay alert, stay armed, stay alive. No need for me to be here.

You can stay or go, it's your choice. Some disagree with your action and have simply expressed it. If you believe this is a place that's going to pat you on the back for something many of us believe is wrong, you are in the wrong place. I don't care to OC at all, but I support the right of others to do so, regardless of their attire. If people are scared, they need to carry, too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Please forgive me if I misunderstand, but based on your responses it seem that you're not comprehending what's happening here. No one was unclear on the point you were trying to make in your original message. They all "get it," and some find your behavior (as related by you) to be distasteful. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that your audience has not comprehended your message and intent and that if you can just get them to understand, they will agree with you. You are mistaken.

Furthermore, no one is challenging your privilege to express your opinion. They are simply exercising their own privilege to disagree with you. The classic passive-aggressive "I guess my opinion is not welcome here" is not likely to be effective. In fact, it displays weakness that will typically engender further criticism and loss of respect that might have been earned by sticking with an opinion while firmly and respectfully disagreeing.

This has been my unsolicited analysis and advice to a stranger for the day!

rhino out!

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    The only person in the store that carries any weight when saying something is the owner/manager. Only they have the right to ask him to leave. Therefore, next time you take issue with the way someone legally dresses while legally carrying go snitch on him instead, just like the soccer moms would do. At least then you'd see some results.

this. we all have the right to dress as we see fit. My husband doesn't even tell me how to dress. My workplace defines how I dress while I'm there because they pay me. Otherwise, I dress for ME.

were they really running out of the store? Because if they were I'm pretty sure the store staff would have taken care of it. And that's their right. I see something often on FaceBook about hunters supporting hunters no matter how they choose to hunt (firearm vs compound bow vs crossbow). We need to do the same thing. I love seeing other people carrying and I could care less what they're wearing. OK, not totally true. Please leave something to the imagination. Otherwise, carry on.

ewwwwwww

Top Bottom