• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    They had young people working some of the tables this time. Either that, or I'm way older than I thought. :n00b:
    :D

THe staff at my precinct was 65 and up except for one man. Nice folks, very efficient and very friendly. They had a brief discussion about my son OCing. They decided it was acceptable and then opened a nice discussion about it. One staff member even commented she had her LTCH. Couple folks were also NRA members. Experience seems to bring wisdom, in the Fort at least. :oldwise:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Edited to add: Clearly it took me longer to post my account than Dad. ;)

Just got back from voting! I OC'd; Dad was with me, CC'ing.

I overheard a couple of the ladies working the polling station discussing whether I was allowed to have my gun. "Is he a police officer?" "His shirt says 'Marine Officer'." (I was wearing one of my motivated Marine Officer Programs T-shirts that I got while working at the officer selection station.)

A minute later, one of them walked up to me, tugged on my shirt a bit, and asked, "Excuse me. Why do you have a gun?"

"Because I wanted to," I replied.

"Do you have your permit?" asked another lady working there? She was probably my mother's age, maybe older—definitely old enough to be a grandmother.

"Oh, of course," said I.

"Me, too," she said, which caused the first lady—the one who'd tugged on my shirt—to say, "Yeah, but you don't have yours on you." I didn't ask, and the lady didn't offer to explain whether she was carrying or not.

As I walked to the voting booth, the lady with the permit asked if I was in the NRA. I'm not, but she is. The gentleman in the booth beside mine was just walking away, and he remarked that he is, too, though I didn't see if he was carrying.

It was nice to be able to exercise my right to carry while exercising my right to vote this time. The last time, I had to vote early down at the Allen County courthouse, which was still a no-carry building at the time.

I love America, and I love Indiana!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Just got back home from voting and getting my hair cut.

My OC raised more eyebrows in Great Clips than it did at my polling venue.

Oh yeah, and MOURDOCK FTW!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I finally got a leather holster that was made for my G17,19 loose enough to hold my G30. I love that "little" gun. I'll cross carry with a loose over shirt, unbuttoned, so if it floats open so be it. I vote at a church that doesn't have a day care so I'm good.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I voted this morning at the little church at the corner of Lima and Cedar Canyon roads. All 8 booths were full but there was no line. I got right in and out as soon as a booth opened up, <5 min total. The ages of the workers there ranged form early 20's on up. A couple middle aged people and a couple old people. Lots of Lugar signs outside...the RHINO must be worried. Did my part to get rid of him for good. I wasn't carrying this time since I had to stop at a prohibited place beforehand. Last election I was packing though.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I've been listening to Rush Limbaugh while checking INGO and he is really pushing Murdock. Obviously trying to push all he can for those who haven't voted yet. I still think Lugar looks like Howdy Doody. Maybe he can get a job at Chuckie Cheese as a human mascot.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I voted this morning on the way to the Farm. I was OC'ing my Kimber TLE II, not really a stepping out piece but looks far nicer than my beat up Sigs I normally carry do. I really need to pick up a nice looking pistol...

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Voted, was CCing since I am still at work but there was a pretty long line to go vote and several people at the voting booths. I couldn't really tell if it was just a kunch time swell- kinda early here 11am- or the table workers were a little slow but there were several "older" folks (who have seen their fair share of elections) saying it was a really big turnout for a primary. Seeing as how Evansville is pretty damn liberal I don't know if that is such a good thing that we were busy and you small town folk weren't.

Mourdock, Paul, and Risk FTW!

mosinfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    OC at the polling place today in Warrick Cty. Church no school. One older guy gave me a look up and down when he saw me walking uip... a few folks in line.. even saw someone from church in line and they stopped to talk while they checked my ID. Ladies there were all pleasant and never batted an eye or said a word...hmmmn wonder if it was the white shirt and tie? :D

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I hybrid carried at my local poll today. I say hybrid because I didn't remove my jacket, but I'm not sure if my sidearm showed under my over shirt. I didn't even remove my helmet.

The poll workers were more interested in my helmet (modular) and my motorcycle than me carrying.

Top Bottom