• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Yeah but you could ditch the gun and keep the ammo! Kinda like geo catching. You never know what you may find. Of course don't reach in the bushes without thick gloves as junkies throw their needles everywhere downtown.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Just a thought.... Could a person go to the security room at a venue like LOS, and check their gun to be picked up at the end of the event? This way a person has the personal protection they want, but don't cross any lines. As Denny said, their are enought security inside LOS to deal with situations, no need. That walk to and from the car on the other hand.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Hmm, I just badge my way in.

I bet you badge yourself all the way to the field, without a ticket at that!! :laugh:

OK, just kidding. But, if you badge your way in, do they make a scene or just check out the credentials and let you in?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I bet you badge yourself all the way to the field, without a ticket at that!! :laugh:

OK, just kidding. But, if you badge your way in, do they make a scene or just check out the credentials and let you in?
    No, I just show them my ID and tell them they don't need to search me. I keep the wallet close to the chest so not everyone around me sees it...just security.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    No, I just show them my ID and tell them they don't need to search me. I keep the wallet close to the chest so not everyone around me sees it...just security.

Shoot, mine was a wallet :laugh: With the big ole Indiana Sheriff emblem on the front. The ISP have the same kind of rig lol. I would've rather had the card :dunno:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I would just like to say the Colts and Lucas Oil Stadium can go pound salt...
    I don't EVER plan to step foot inside that facility in my life!
    Indiana taxpayers footed 87 percent of the $720 million cost to build Lucas Oil Stadium. California-based Lucas Oil Products paid $6 million a year over 20 years for the naming rights to the stadium. Indianapolis Colts providing $100 million. Marion County has raised taxes for food and beverage sales, auto excise taxes, innkeeper's taxes and admission taxes for its share of the costs. Meanwhile, an increase in food and beverage taxes in the eight surrounding doughnut counties (with the exception of Morgan County) and the sale of Colts license plates.
    The CIB is anticipating a $20 million operating deficit for Lucas Oil Stadium in 2009. Anticipated expenses are $27.7 million—far outstripping the $7.7 million CIB expects to collect from its share of revenue from stadium events. There is concern over the long-standing implications due to low rent payments by the Colts and the high percentage of revenue the Colts keep.

The people really got hosed on this deal.:twocents::rolleyes:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I enjoyed the game on Saturday (EDIT: FRIDAY!)

GO GOLTS!!!

Was frisked under arms down sides to the waist. Not carrying in (left it in the trash outside... lol)

Last edited:

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    This is why I'm a Bears fan. Handguns are illegal in Chicago so I know that no one has one and I am perfectly safe walking through the city...intoxicated...at night. :lala:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Your safe walking thru the streets of Chi-Town because being a Bears fan is punsihment enough.:laugh:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    So did anyone carry in that wasn't badged and did you get through security?
    Yes, back on pg 4 it was mentioned that someone went with a smartcarry and avoided the line where they were wanding people.

But it was also mentioned that using a smart carry and a large metal belt buckle would likely get you through a line that was wanding.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Since we are all law abiding citizens with fingerprints on file. throw away guns seems hard to pull off unless you wear surgical gloves everywhere.
    Not to mention, you're going to leave an unattended weapon in a place where a child, or criminal could gain access?
    NOT A CHANCE!:nono:

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Yes, back on pg 4 it was mentioned that someone went with a smartcarry and avoided the line where they were wanding people.

But it was also mentioned that using a smart carry and a large metal belt buckle would likely get you through a line that was wanding.

I was there and didn't see any wanding. The just make you stand with your arms out and run the edge of their hands under your arm and around your waist line above the belt. Anything below the belt line (heck even in a cargo pocket) could get through, I was surprised at that I had to lift up my baseball hat but they didn't check my cargo pockets... real smart on their part :rolleyes:

Top Bottom