• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    If you do carry to Lucas Oil Stadium (or any other large venue for that matter), what do you do when the SHTF? Say you are in your seat minding your own business, enjoying the game. For whatever reason something happens, most likely a drunk/unruly fan. The situation escalates to the point that you are in fear for your life and you draw your weapon. If it escalates further, are you going to fire at that person knowing that there could be several/50/100/1000 people as your backstop? Are you that confident with your firearm and your skills that you can guarantee that you will hit the person you are aiming for and not an innocent bystander? If your answer is no, are you still going to carry into the stadium?

If you get caught trying to take a weapon (of any kind) into the stadium, are you going to man up and accept your "punishment", whatever it may be?

Yes, I am thanks for asking.

9MMBEL3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    kokomo
    as a long time fan going to games and season ticket holder it not good ideal to carry.
    i have no fear while in indianapolis before or after the games. But do have it in the car for protection.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Firearms should not be your only way to protect yourself. Some prays and "letter openers" can work as well. Think outside the box for protection where you can not carry.

Remember, action is always faster then reaction.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Public Servant MADE me do it. I didn't want to mention it but he bullied me into it. I posted under duress. ;)
    It's true...I twisted his arm. :D

joint_lock.jpg

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    Firearms should not be your only way to protect yourself. Some prays and "letter openers" can work as well. Think outside the box for protection where you can not carry.

Remember, action is always faster then reaction.

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner. Although I would prefer to carry my pistol everywhere, I understand that, for whatever reason, there are places I cannot carry. That's why I have a 6 ft. hickory walking stick. I have never been turned away from any event for carrying it (of course I will admit that the trach tube sticking out of my neck may get me cut a little slack) and I am proficient using it as a staff. Not as good as a pistol, but God help you if you come at me with a knife.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I carried last night to the game in a Smart Carry holster.

Avoid the lines with the wand, arms out; back of the hand from pits to waist; around waist from 5/7 to 1/11. Anything below the waist and maybe even SOB 6 o'clock would work.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    This is my biggest worry at the downtown events. The streets aren't as bad at the 38th str L but, still crawling with crime opportunities! Maybe a disposable firearm just for the walk, or you could hide one in a trash can.:D

Kinda like procuring several liberator type pistols :D

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since we are all law abiding citizens with fingerprints on file. throw away guns seems hard to pull off unless you wear surgical gloves everywhere.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This is my biggest worry at the downtown events. The streets aren't as bad at the 38th str L but, still crawling with crime opportunities! Maybe a disposable firearm just for the walk, or you could hide one in a trash can.

This has actually become a problem near the City County Building. Now the Special Deputies must check the bushes for guns. I told them I would do it for free if I could keep what I find. I could fill Dons guns in a week.

I say they should provide a gun check.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom