• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They were wanding EVERYONE in line at the two games I went to last season.

But it was "waist level and above" wanding.

I highly doubt an ankle holster would've been discovered...

It's against the RULES at Lucas; but not against the LAW.

It becomes against the law if you're discovered and do not leave when asked. (Tresspass)

-J-

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Last year I went to a few games and was patted slightly under and over arms, down sides, arund back of waiste....pocket carry worked:D

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If you do carry to Lucas Oil Stadium (or any other large venue for that matter), what do you do when the SHTF? Say you are in your seat minding your own business, enjoying the game. For whatever reason something happens, most likely a drunk/unruly fan. The situation escalates to the point that you are in fear for your life and you draw your weapon. If it escalates further, are you going to fire at that person knowing that there could be several/50/100/1000 people as your backstop? Are you that confident with your firearm and your skills that you can guarantee that you will hit the person you are aiming for and not an innocent bystander? If your answer is no, are you still going to carry into the stadium?

If you get caught trying to take a weapon (of any kind) into the stadium, are you going to man up and accept your "punishment", whatever it may be?

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I would not carry. There are more than enough security and armed police officers at the stadium during games to field any type of confrontation. If you are that worried about it, I say don't go at all.

holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    Don't seem like a good idea. Think of the situation frank layed out, and then you acutally had to fire. Now play the tape all the way through to when LE reaches you and you've popped two or three fans, one of whom is a bad guy but just looks like another fan to LE, the others were behind him, and you're standing there holding your piece.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    What about if you need your gun on the way to your parked car? I don't care how many Security guards there are, I am ultimately responsible for mine and my family's safety. A confrontation inside the stadium where you'd need your gun is probably not that likely, but I can see needing it outside.

But hey, I'm a Redskins fan, so I'd never go to see the Colt's play :)

:patriot:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    What about if you need your gun on the way to your parked car?
    But hey, I'm a Redskins fan, so I'd never go to see the Colt's play :)

:patriot:

This is my biggest worry at the downtown events. The streets aren't as bad at the 38th str L but, still crawling with crime opportunities! Maybe a disposable firearm just for the walk, or you could hide one in a trash can.:D

BTW

6a00e552be6df08833010535fbe2e7970c-500pi

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    The reason I would want to carry is for the walk there and back. My wife and I went to a Indian's game with a 15-20 minute walk to the car. I carried because of the walk, not because of the game.

Since it would be hard to carry into a colts game, it is probably safest to walk back to your vehicle in a large crowd of people. You are staying for the whole game right?!? :D

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I would not advise it. If they find it it come become a big problem and turn out to be a bad night for you.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    It just sounds to me that people are afraid to use their 2a rights when they are worried about getting wanded. Personally I want my gun with me at a game or at a concert. Its my right to protect my family.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I agree with your right to protect your family.... only YOU can do that.
    But saddly, there's a few places that won't permit that...Lucas Stadium is one. I've been patted down from my pants pockets on up to under my arms.
    I'm not sure what their action might be if the discovered a weapon: detain/arrest or just not allow you from entering? Sucks either way.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I agree with your right to protect your family.... only YOU can do that.
    But saddly, there's a few places that won't permit that...Lucas Stadium is one. I've been patted down from my pants pockets on up to under my arms.
    I'm not sure what their action might be if the discovered a weapon: detain/arrest or just not allow you from entering? Sucks either way.
    They will tell you to leave. If you refuse you will be arrested you for trespass. You will also be banned from future entry into the stadium. Pretty expensive seats to lose. That's why I don't go. But then again I attempt not to go anywhere that does not allow me entry with a firearm unless it's of my choice.

I think the way to deal with it is to work to change the policy...not attempt to circumvent it by sneaking it in. :twocents:

And in reality their reasoning may not even be simply about you carrying a firearm into the game. Let's say that the S does HTF...you're forced to shoot some drunken Redskins fan (;)) because he pulls a knife out of his boot and lunges at you when the Colts kick the crud out of the Redskins. The bullet passes through him and strikes a three-year-old and kills the child. Or during the struggle you just plain miss your intended target. Who do you think the parents are going to bring suit against...and win because Lucas Oil Stadium allowed you into the stadium with a firearm?

It sucks...but it's the way of the world. There are times that even though I don't agree with it...I do see the reasoning behind it.

Info only: The Colts sold out all their home games this season...so they will all be on television. So I can watch them from home...where I can actually see something and the brew is a LOT cheaper!!! :cheers:

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    They will tell you to leave. If you refuse you will be arrested you for trespass. You will also be banned from future entry into the stadium. Pretty expensive seats to lose. That's why I don't go. But then again I attempt not to go anywhere that does not allow me entry with a firearm unless it's of my choice.

I think the way to deal with it is to work to change the policy...not attempt to circumvent it by sneaking it in. :twocents:

And in reality their reasoning may not even be simply about you carrying a firearm into the game. Let's say that the S does HTF...you're forced to shoot some drunken Redskins fan (;)) because he pulls a knife out of his boot and lunges at you when the Colts kick the crud out of the Redskins. The bullet passes through him and strikes a three-year-old and kills the child. Or during the struggle you just plain miss your intended target. Who do you think the parents are going to bring suit against...and win because Lucas Oil Stadium allowed you into the stadium with a firearm?

It sucks...but it's the way of the world. There are times that even though I don't agree with it...I do see the reasoning behind it.

Info only: The Colts sold out all their home games this season...so they will all be on television. So I can watch them from home...where I can actually see something and the brew is a LOT cheaper!!! :cheers:
    Hmm, I just badge my way in. :stickpoke:

Top Bottom