• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Haven't been there in a while. Never carried down there but I've always been with a crowd of people. Since I've been married I haven't been there but a handful of times to Crackers and thats it. i park behind there in the pay lot. I'm staying here on the west side in a hotel and have been carrying even if I just go from the truck to room or into stores by myself.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Did somebody say boobies?
    2803005932_4de53353a0_m.jpg

logo_GotMilk-150.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I went with my sister and two of her friends to celebrate one of their birthdays last year. At some point, they decided they wanted to go clubs in Broad Ripple. I knew what was going to happen, so I sat in the car and waited for them to call me. I spent the time thinking about what a doofus I was for agreeing to go and I also called BigCraig on the phone and talked to him for a while.

I can't conceive of a circumstance where I would be willing to go to Broad Ripple without all of the gear I always carry. If the owners of a business won't allow me to enter without being searched, then I don't want to go there. Even if I wasn't carrying gear that someone else finds distasteful, I would not submit a search like that.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

aetucker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    I used to live down there and I will say that Broadripple is DEFINITELY carry country. The ratio of level headed people to drunk meat heads is way out of whack in that area. I have been recently enacting the "if you aren't cool with guns, then you ain't gettin' my money" approach. It has served me well.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    The thugs know that guns are not allowed in many places in Broad Ripple, that's why so many of them work the area for the easy pickins. I don't go to the bars but I always carry in Broad Ripple.

Hmmm. I OC in many places around BR. Never had anyone mention it. Then again, I stick to quality places like Brugge (Damn i love those Frites), BR Brewpub and BRICS.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    .357 and .38 snubby both go with me to Brip. .357 in the back and .38 on the ankle. Thats why I like being the DD.

+ 1 for ankle carry, rarely a place that gets patted down. Went to a Colts game last year (not carrying) and after being checked around the waist and under the arms, smiled at the security guard and said "No worries, it's on my ankle." His eyes about popped out of his head, until I pulled up my pant legs to show him I was kidding.

Not a fan of the club scene either, especially after working as a bouncer/security/puke clean up crewman. A small pocket pistol or ankle gun may be the way to go if you head that way again.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The Alley Kat ( or ****ty Kitty, as it is sometimes called) is 100% a carry zone. It's not so much the place itself, which is a better joint than a lot of other places in BR, it's that their "cash only" policy is well known so the alley leading to the place is treated like an ATM by POS muggers.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I would carry in Broad Ripple, just this morning some guy tried to climb into a women's car at a stoplight

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I used to live down there and I will say that Broadripple is DEFINITELY carry country. The ratio of level headed people to drunk meat heads is way out of whack in that area. I have been recently enacting the "if you aren't cool with guns, then you ain't gettin' my money" approach. It has served me well.

I've managed to funnel money to several deserving places since I started using this policy. I also found out there are less asshats in firearms friendly locations.

Both of these make me very happy. Reps inc for switching to the good guys when you're able!

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Sorry for the necro post but just thought I'd post an update. The wife and I had a great night at Bazbeaux's and then Cracker's. No pat downs to avoid this time and I can't say that I even saw any posted no firearms signs.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    IIRC, there is a very specific list of firearms that the CPD and the gooberment over there says you cannot own because they're dangerous.

It's quite a long list. Mostly guns from the past made of pot metal (Saturday night special guns.) Interestingly, one of the few modern production guns on the Chicago ban list is the Sig Mosquito.

Top Bottom