• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    I was held up at gun point about 10 years ago in ripple,I was trying to help out a guy who said he needed a jump start,I drove him to a spot,and out came the gun......I didn't carry then,but I do now. ..I wouldn't go to McDonalds in broad ripple without my **** now.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You should have just badged your way in. :):

images
    I need one of these........

Last edited:

Endofdays

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Broadripple

A great place that is mis understood and being remed out by undereducated hill jacks. 100's of restaurants, quick mom & pop shops where you can get a true Chicago dog and a Sicilian deep dish pizza with n a bock of each other. Sure, so places are not OC friendly, who cares, don't go there then. Or, tell me about when you did go there and got in. That would be better than *****ing about it. And soapboxing your street preacher skills. As a firearm owner, I believe that if Joe public has no clue I'm packing a .40Hk on my person, and drinking a beer while scoping out the scenery, the better. I am not there to cause trouble, nor do I need any static. Use some common sense. It's a lost art, master it. Know the law, know your firearm. Feel comfortable with all of these. You be surprised where you can conceal and what you can accomplish.
    Peppers = ankle ass or pocket
    Vogue = they wand, throw that off by a neck conceal or bottom of shoe
    Lobster = ankle, small of back

All fail for the button down shirt wrap. Get up to the line, take off the overskirt, wrap the piece, they go to pat, your arms go up, give them the money in your other hand, walk right in.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    A great place that is mis understood and being remed out by undereducated hill jacks. 100's of restaurants, quick mom & pop shops where you can get a true Chicago dog and a Sicilian deep dish pizza with n a bock of each other. Sure, so places are not OC friendly, who cares, don't go there then. Or, tell me about when you did go there and got in. That would be better than *****ing about it. And soapboxing your street preacher skills. As a firearm owner, I believe that if Joe public has no clue I'm packing a .40Hk on my person, and drinking a beer while scoping out the scenery, the better. I am not there to cause trouble, nor do I need any static. Use some common sense. It's a lost art, master it. Know the law, know your firearm. Feel comfortable with all of these. You be surprised where you can conceal and what you can accomplish.
    Peppers = ankle ass or pocket
    Vogue = they wand, throw that off by a neck conceal or bottom of shoe
    Lobster = ankle, small of back

All fail for the button down shirt wrap. Get up to the line, take off the overskirt, wrap the piece, they go to pat, your arms go up, give them the money in your other hand, walk right in.

Eh? You must not have better things to do...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Look at the date on the message you quoted (18 OCT 2010).

State law has changed since then and it preempts the local ordinance.

Im dumb, I did see the date. I thought "that was fixed in july but this is from oct so I must have missed something" Little did I notice there is indeed a difference between 2010 and 2011

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I've carried into just about every bar they got. No problems, not even a dirty look. Just keep your side to the wall/bar or somebody will invariably bump their elbow on it.

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    I avoid the club style bars, as my youth has subsided. I have been to shows at the vogue; upon initial entry you are wanded/searched, but you can get a pass out for a cigarette, and grab your firearm and walk back in unscathed. At least I'm walking back armed at the end of the night.

I am more likely to go to sports bars off the strip in the broad ripple area. Regardless of off the strip or on, if its not a "club", you can cc without issue. I would highly recommend it, too.

Gotta love the Alley Cat... great dive. Lots a tables, too!

I am considering a return to the countryside to raise our impending family, but I'd be carrying there as well.

Last edited:

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    I've lived in Broad Ripple for 16 years. I'm 20, so I'm not old enough to go in the bars yet! Bummer, yes I know! I love Broad Ripple, it's a great place to live. Though just like anywhere else, I carry in Broad Ripple. I currently CC because I still haven't bought a OWB holster. Though I've unintentionally flashed a few times at different places. Don't think any employees, managers or owners saw anything. Just customers. So I haven't had a problem yet, hopefully it stays that way.

mjones

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    McCordsville
    I carry every time i go to broad ripple when my daughter was about two my wife and went during the day and all the people walking dogs some were very friendly but you never know what could happen with a child in a stroller at eye level with a animal :twocents: i was there last saturday and went to union jacks and saw no signs about firearms

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Alley cat is cool with me carrying in. course I know all the guys and the owner. I may or may not have checked it in a gun safe that they may or may not have asst one point where I got pretty done. Which isn't hard to do some nights. PS Maurie makes a meeeeean whiskey and coke if you are nice to him

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've lived in Broad Ripple for 16 years. I'm 20, so I'm not old enough to go in the bars yet! Bummer, yes I know! I love Broad Ripple, it's a great place to live. Though just like anywhere else, I carry in Broad Ripple. I currently CC because I still haven't bought a OWB holster. Though I've unintentionally flashed a few times at different places. Don't think any employees, managers or owners saw anything. Just customers. So I haven't had a problem yet, hopefully it stays that way.

You're really not really missing much not going to bars, to be honest... When I go - it's usually for a chicken sammich.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom