• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Like the old saying "knowledge is power" ..... power over the bees is desirable !
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Cameramonkey. :)

And that is why the trap is so damned effective. Stop the egg layer, you prevent the future generations. Kill one this year, 5-10 are prevented next year.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks, Frosty. If I had any artistic talent, I would paint a tiny female bee on the face of the trap .... to give it extra attractive power !

Don't forget the eyelashes. Everyone knows that the difference between an unattractive bee and an attractive bee is the long eyelashes. And the ruby red lipstick.

Mr. Rhino --- obviously, you have the wisdom of Plato ! ;)

And I'm very thrilled that my 50th post was to you. Yay ..... I'm a somebody now !

You are clearly an erudite and perceptive individual, sir! I am honored to be the recipient of your landmark 50th message!

Just don't google "female stripper bumble bee" :facepalm:

Ah, you can't un-see some things, can you?

FIFY

its the mama bees that burrow to lay eggs.

The more you know...

Like the old saying "knowledge is power" ..... power over the bees is desirable !
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Cameramonkey. :)

So that means the image of Chippendale's Bee is in order. Or maybe Fabio Bee.

Don't forget the abs and the dollars bills tucked in his tiny bee waistband.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Made two of these using some scrap & water bottles today. Don't think I'll be catching any today though... brrr...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wow, she looks nice, the outfit is something to buzz about too. Two water bottles you say !!! I remember when people made a girl the old fashion way, with weird science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UJ9K8lMxPA :):

Yeah. I heard of recycling water bottles into things like sweathshirt fleece. MAN! They have come a LOOOOONG way with technology. :laugh:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    So if anybody is still whacking bees, get yourself a Little Tikes shovel. It will launch them 30' with a good solid hit, and it doesn't just stun the. Like the tennis racket, it drops them dead!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yikes. We've got those things all around the south end of the house, and I've been referring to them as ****ing golfball-sized bumblebees. Looks like I need to read up on them.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I built two traps a couple weeks ago, and haven't seen a single bee since (hoping to whack and implant then into the traps to attract others).
    Story of my damn life!

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    played some b-ball tonight. Tim 15 Beez 0. Badminton instrument of death swung with great effectiveness. Slices - dices and makes Julian flies....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive got a bug a salt. They are nice. They do knock wasps, bees, etc out of the air. It doesnt kill them, but can stun them.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Haven't read entire thread so probably missing out on some valuable info. That being said, we have had them for several years burrowing into the "rafters " of our pergola...right outside sliding doors in dining room leading to deck. Always minor, more of an annoyance than great damage. This year in last couple days it is like they are on steroids...going gang busters. To add insult to injury, yesterday woodpeckers started "destroying" the sides of the rafters to get at the nests. This morning called and left a voicemail for the owner of the pest control company that services our house/shop. When I came home this afternoon, note on the door says all taken care of, give him a call if anymore problems. So don't know what the treatment was but hopefully problem solved...at least for now - and hopefully the rafters are 't weakened enough that the pergola collapses.

Top Bottom