• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    That was exactly the point made by the driver. She asked why he didn't signal for her to stop when he pulled over and she stopped behind him.

The officer likely wanted to run the plate first. This allows an officer to have a grasp on who the owner is, does the plate match the vehicle (poss. registration issues), is the vehicle and/or plate reported as stolen. Not only that, if you get a name that matches the gender of the driver, you can run the name and driver's license number and then see if the vehicle owner, who might be the driver, is wanted, has a license, etc..

Fact is, some cops take things to the extreme. I have had people fail to stop soon on me, only one was a guy trying to get away (and he did). Most are folks who don't know what to do (very clueless type people) or people from different countries who don't understand what is going on. I couldn't imagine going full steam with guns pointed, doing a felony stop..especially if the plate was coming back valid and not stolen. I could see having the gun out, and using a tactical approach and requiring the driver to put their hands out of the window. Each situation is different though, and for whatever reason, Carmel PD did what they did.

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    i personally have been wronged by the carmel police,and the officer who wronged me.i made him look like a fool he tried to bluff me when he just thought i was a dumba$$,well he didnt know that my family had delt with the issues that he tried to bluff me on.then i called him an a$$hole.im not saying all the carmel police force is bad but the guy i delt with is.take it for what its worth i guess.

Top Bottom