• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Agreed. We always thought 2 cars per stop seemed like overkill, but then again, I'm not an officer, so maybe they know something I don't.

I had a friend that wouldn't come visit me when I lived in Carmel because he was afraid to be pulled over for DWB.

2 cars is pretty normal....one is usually close and will come to "back up" the officer or check it out. Happens everywhere, in every city. Carmel is lucky enough to have I believe 105 officers....or somewhere in that area

EDIT: and by stating the number of officers I mean they usually have a fully manned shift

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    2 cars is pretty normal....one is usually close and will come to "back up" the officer or check it out. Happens everywhere, in every city. Carmel is lucky enough to have I believe 105 officers....or somewhere in that area

EDIT: and by stating the number of officers I mean they usually have a fully manned shift

This should be one of those NBC "The more you know..." promos! ;)

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Even though the girl seemed dumb, and she's obviously a Carmel housewife (and not much of a trophy one) when she's driving at the normal speed, and he didn't have lights on, it seems to me gun's drawn and handcuffed might be a little excessive.

Maybe I just feel a little skeptical too because they won't release the video that they DO have.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Even though the girl seemed dumb, and she's obviously a Carmel housewife (and not much of a trophy one) when she's driving at the normal speed, and he didn't have lights on, it seems to me gun's drawn and handcuffed might be a little excessive.

Maybe I just feel a little skeptical too because they won't release the video that they DO have.
    Yep, you sure gotta love the transparency our government has provided.:noway:

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Ha ya I'd agree...I would be pretty pissed if someone tried to pull me over with a few welps of a siren and no lights then had me at gun point AND the icing on cake: cuffed.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Its kind of BS because she doesnt fit the stereo type for the Carmel house wife.

Shes looks like a dirty unemployed mom to me.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Please remember that in Carmel, a city with virtually no crime, probably has more police per capita than anywhere else in the USA. They are famous for their speed traps and paying for their round abouts by taxing people who drive cars (called ticketing motorists for silly things).

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Please remember that in Carmel, a city with virtually no crime, probably has more police per capita than anywhere else in the USA. They are famous for their speed traps and paying for their round abouts by taxing people who drive cars (called ticketing motorists for silly things).

Those aren't roundabouts, they're figure8abouts.
    (at least the ones above keystone)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    What the heck is a dirty butt girl? Is that a girl who simply refuses to 'clean' up or who 2's all over herself?

Eitherway, I have not witnessed the women, good news!

Agreed. We always thought 2 cars per stop seemed like overkill, but then again, I'm not an officer, so maybe they know something I don't.

I had a friend that wouldn't come visit me when I lived in Carmel because he was afraid to be pulled over for DWB.

2-3 is overkill, but I dont fault them. With as quiet as carmel is, I'd probably foam at the mouth have some action; But then again, look at what is south of them?

I enjoy Carmel, I enjoy most places I travel to though. It does get annoying when the sorry drivers all of the sudden become worlds best drivers. DRIVE HOW YOU NORMALLY DRIVE!!!!

I wonder if some LEOs ever get alittle ticked when civs start to pass them. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Those aren't roundabouts, they're figure8abouts.
    (at least the ones above keystone)

I hate them!

They are not even constructed the way ought to be to allow for smooth traveling. I've nearly had some bushe carmel critter smash me acouple of times; I avoid it when I can, which is unfortunately - NEVER.

ohwell atleast people in carmel paid for it

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    this is why everyone hates carmel pd. do they all need to be such hard a$$es all the time??!!???!! seriously go write another ticket and make some mom cry to feel better about yourself

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Young mother handcuffed at gunpoint by Carmel Police - 13 WTHR

Not wanting to relase the video only means you have something to hide.

My wife had a local IMPD officer ride her bumper for a few miles.... most of those miles was on a two lane road (each direction) with plenty of room to pass and with our young son in th the car.

I told her to next time get his car or plate number and we will call IA.

What the heck is a dirty butt girl? Is that a girl who simply refuses to 'clean' up or who 2's all over herself?

Eitherway, I have not witnessed the women, good news!

2-3 is overkill, but I dont fault them. With as quiet as carmel is, I'd probably foam at the mouth have some action; But then again, look at what is south of them?

I enjoy Carmel, I enjoy most places I travel to though. It does get annoying when the sorry drivers all of the sudden become worlds best drivers. DRIVE HOW YOU NORMALLY DRIVE!!!!

I wonder if some LEOs ever get alittle ticked when civs start to pass them. :D

She looked fairly attractive to me honestly...... but then again we all know of Indy Monkey's VERY high standards.

My yister has a Ford with 5% and she is by no means even close to thug.......

Last edited:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    THe cop had to know his lights didnt work.

Not if he hadn't used them, fuses do blow out, things do break just as on any vehicle. And it doesn't matter the law is either lights or siren. If she had her music up so loud that she couldn't hear his siren then that's her problem.
    In regards to giving her a ticket to save face, maybe he gave her a ticket for ... oh I don't know maybe for tailgating.
    In regards to the ones saying 2-3 or 5 cars are overkill, the first thing an officer thinks about when someone refuses to stop is why won't this person stop, you want as much backup as possible in case the :poop: hits the fan.

Top Bottom