• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Not if he hadn't used them, fuses do blow out, things do break just as on any vehicle. And it doesn't matter the law is either lights or siren. If she had her music up so loud that she couldn't hear his siren then that's her problem.
    In regards to giving her a ticket to save face, maybe he gave her a ticket for ... oh I don't know maybe for tailgating.
    In regards to the ones saying 2-3 or 5 cars are overkill, the first thing an officer thinks about when someone refuses to stop is why won't this person stop, you want as much backup as possible in case the :poop: hits the fan.

When I have done ride alongs what stood out to me was a clicking noise the lights made. Not to metion the reflections that you would have in the glass of the vehicle that you are trying to pulll over.

Im pro police, but this one reeks. 110 lb girl on her knees with guns pointed at her for not pulling over for a siren that was ran for 1 minute.

Dirty butt girl, kind of trashy. Girl that would be fun to hang out with but wouldnt want to marry. If your going to be on the news, try to wear something other than sweat pants.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    She looked fairly attractive to me honestly...... but then again we all know of Indy Monkey's VERY high standards.

My yister has a Ford with 5% and she is by no means even close to thug.......

You and I have already figured out that my standard is higher than yours, why you want to let everyone else know baffles me.:D

Does your sister drive a black Mercury Marquis with blacked out windows and Chrome wheels?:dunno:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    You and I have already figured out that my standard is higher than yours, why you want to let everyone else know baffles me.:D

Does your sister drive a black Mercury Marquis with blacked out windows and Chrome wheels?:dunno:

Ford Contour with no hub caps and 5% haha:D

I do agree though that if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, sounds like a duck........

It does drive me nuts when people know they will be on the news and don't bother to at least put on some jeans.....

Kinda like when Fox National news was having a gun depate and some militia leader was on and wearing a hoodie........ I mean come on...... it's National News!!!!!!!! It did nothing but hurt the GOOD gun owners.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    When I have done ride alongs what stood out to me was a clicking noise the lights made. Not to metion the reflections that you would have in the glass of the vehicle that you are trying to pulll over.

Im pro police, but this one reeks. 110 lb girl on her knees with guns pointed at her for not pulling over for a siren that was ran for 1 minute.

Dirty butt girl, kind of trashy. Girl that would be fun to hang out with but wouldn't want to marry. If your going to be on the news, try to wear something other than sweat pants.

You hear the clicking noise because it's not something normal to you, and your not doing and thinking about a dozen different things about why the person isn't stopping. There's not always reflections in the glass of the vehicle you're trying to stop. Depends on time of day, where the sun is.
    Here again, it doesn't matter that the lights weren't working, his siren was and that's all that the law calls for. She has a responsibility to be aware of what's going on around her. Let's say she's jamming to her music and goes through an intersection and collides with a fire truck (doing everything right) on a run, whose fault is it?
    As far as her being a 110 lb women that has nothing to do with it, a 110 lb women can kill you just as fast as a 200 lb man.
    It reeks because they won't release the car video, if there is one, showing what happened either way. Perception can be everything. Because they won't release the video people think it must be because the cops did something wrong.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You hear the clicking noise because it's not something normal to you, and your not doing and thinking about a dozen different things about why the person isn't stopping. There's not always reflections in the glass of the vehicle you're trying to stop. Depends on time of day, where the sun is.
    Here again, it doesn't matter that the lights weren't working, his siren was and that's all that the law calls for. She has a responsibility to be aware of what's going on around her. Let's say she's jamming to her music and goes through an intersection and collides with a fire truck (doing everything right) on a run, whose fault is it?
    As far as her being a 110 lb women that has nothing to do with it, a 110 lb women can kill you just as fast as a 200 lb man.
    It reeks because they won't release the car video, if there is one, showing what happened either way. Perception can be everything. Because they won't release the video people think it must be because the cops did something wrong.

Really, you use something every day, you flip the switch and you dont think you would notice your lights not working?:dunno:

Hell, I noticed yesterday that one of my daytime running lights on my Chevy was burned out in the middle of the day.

As for just needing the siren to pull people over, thats good info to know. Thanks:yesway:

Ill give you the fact about the 110 lb hand of death.

The common sense thing for the officer who is wondering why durty butt princess wont pull over would be for him to see check to see if his equipment that he uses everyday is working.

If you prone me out and handcuff me at gun point, then find out that your lights are not working the least you could do is not write me a ticket for following too close. Which by the way is a BS ticket to issue in the city anyway.

Everything in life has checks and balances, be observant enough to use them.

one other thing, the girl drove for 1 minute without stopping, and didnt speed away.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

The clicking isn't around any more with the LED lighting systems, but I also find it hard to believe that you can't see the reflections of the lights.

Also, the story mentioned that the camera system was on the same fuse, which means the installer did a single shared buss and doesn't know what they are doing, if one fuse takes them all out. It should have a high amp breaker and individual system fed fuses.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    There is a simple solution.

Don't ever be close to a police car!

If one is in front of you, stay WAAAY back or take another route.
    If one is behind you, pull into a parking lot and let it go by.
    If the officer follows you into the lot, pull into a parking space and sit there with your hands on the wheel until you are certain the officer is not interested in you.
    You just never know when, with non-working lights and/or silent siren, the officer MIGHT be trying to pull you over.

And, you must do all of this in a way that does NOT draw the officer's attention.

BTW, I thought the video on 13 showed her driving a mini van.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Not if he hadn't used them, fuses do blow out, things do break just as on any vehicle. And it doesn't matter the law is either lights or siren. If she had her music up so loud that she couldn't hear his siren then that's her problem.
    In regards to giving her a ticket to save face, maybe he gave her a ticket for ... oh I don't know maybe for tailgating.
    In regards to the ones saying 2-3 or 5 cars are overkill, the first thing an officer thinks about when someone refuses to stop is why won't this person stop, you want as much backup as possible in case the :poop: hits the fan.

You are dead wrong on this, as was the Carmel PR guy who was blustering on about it last night on the news.

Read the freaking statute:

IC 35-44-3-3 Version b
    Resisting law enforcement; mandatory sentence
    Note: This version of section amended by P.L.102-2010, SEC.2. See also preceding version of this section amended by P.L.100-2010, SEC.6.
    Sec. 3. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally:
    (1) forcibly resists, obstructs, or interferes with a law enforcement officer or a person assisting the officer while the officer is lawfully engaged in the execution of the officer's duties;
    (2) forcibly resists, obstructs, or interferes with the authorized service or execution of a civil or criminal process or order of a court; or
    (3) flees from a law enforcement officer after the officer has, by visible or audible means, including operation of the law enforcement officer's siren or emergency lights, identified himself or herself and ordered the person to stop;
    commits resisting law enforcement, a Class A misdemeanor, except as provided in subsection (b).
    (b) The offense under subsection (a) is a:
    (1) Class D felony if:
    (A) the offense is described in subsection (a)(3) and the person uses a vehicle to commit the offense; or...

The state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she KNEW or INTENDED to flee a stop. There is a conspicuous absence of the word "recklessly" there. There is no indication here that she knew or intended to flee. It isn't against the law to have a loud radio and cops should damn well have working light bars.

This is Carmel PD's problem for having non-functioning emergency vehicles and nothing more. It really torques me when law enforcement officers, like that guy from Carmel, get on the news and misportray the law to save department face.

Hell, without a working lightbar, the Carmel Police car ceased to be an emergency vehicle per IC 9-19-14, clearly violated 9-19-14 by being used as such, and was probably used in violation of the law by attempting the stop.

Indiana Code 9-19-14

Cops don't do anything to help the way the public perceives them when they:

1. Don't know the law.
    2. Misportray the law.
    3. Are clearly coving butt rather than taking responsibility.

Joe

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    You are dead wrong on this, as was the Carmel PR guy who was blustering on about it last night on the news.

Read the freaking statute:

The state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she KNEW or INTENDED to flee a stop. There is a conspicuous absence of the word "recklessly" there. There is no indication here that she knew or intended to flee. It isn't against the law to have a loud radio and cops should damn well have working light bars.

This is Carmel PD's problem for having non-functioning emergency vehicles and nothing more. It really torques me when law enforcement officers, like that guy from Carmel, get on the news and misportray the law to save department face.

Hell, without a working lightbar, the Carmel Police car ceased to be an emergency vehicle per IC 9-19-14, clearly violated 9-19-14 by being used as such, and was probably used in violation of the law by attempting the stop.

Indiana Code 9-19-14

Cops don't do anything to help the way the public perceives them when they:

1. Don't know the law.
    2. Misportray the law.
    3. Are clearly coving butt rather than taking responsibility.

Joe

Have you ever tried decaf?

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    siren was running for 1 minute.

I will give the cop the benefit of the doubt, it did look like a thug mobile.

According to the news report...

The girl was FOLLOWING too closely, the cop pulls to the side of the road, rolls down his window, and the girl slows to see if he needed something. The cop waves her around, so the girl passes and goes in front of him. Then, the cop tries to issue a traffic stop with sirens ONLY. The girl did not stop for one minute because she "couldn't hear the sirens"...

My only question is this... Could this all not have been avoided if when the officer pulled to the side of the road, he told her to PULL OVER rather than waving her around...?? Then, there would be NO QUESTION.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    According to the news report...

The girl was FOLLOWING too closely, the cop pulls to the side of the road, rolls down his window, and the girl slows to see if he needed something. The cop waves her around, so the girl passes and goes in front of him. Then, the cop tries to issue a traffic stop with sirens ONLY. The girl did not stop for one minute because she "couldn't hear the sirens"...

My only question is this... Could this all not have been avoided if when the officer pulled to the side of the road, he told her to PULL OVER rather than waving her around...?? Then, there would be NO QUESTION.

That was exactly the point made by the driver. She asked why he didn't signal for her to stop when he pulled over and she stopped behind him.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    You know, I was thinking about this.

One time I was riding my R6 northbound on US31 to park it for the winter. I didn't hear a siren, but I saw all the cars around me pulling over so I looked in the rearview mirror and there was a police cruiser behind me.

I won't lie and say I wasn't speeding, but it wasn't super fast. Maybe 75-80. Anyway, I pulled over as soon as I noticed, and he walked up calmly, and handled it just like any other traffic stop, other than he asked me why I hadn't stopped sooner. He said "I've been following you for about a mile and a half." I apologized and told him I was sorry I didn't hear him over the wind noise in the helmet. He said, it's ok and thanked me for being honest and polite. I still got a ticket, but it was not any different than any other speeding deal.

Moral of the story, I according to this story, I ran from the police, but I didn't get guns pulled. I still say the original story has something :shady: about it

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    You know, I was thinking about this.

One time I was riding my R6 northbound on US31 to park it for the winter. I didn't hear a siren, but I saw all the cars around me pulling over so I looked in the rearview mirror and there was a police cruiser behind me.

I won't lie and say I wasn't speeding, but it wasn't super fast. Maybe 75-80. Anyway, I pulled over as soon as I noticed, and he walked up calmly, and handled it just like any other traffic stop, other than he asked me why I hadn't stopped sooner. He said "I've been following you for about a mile and a half." I apologized and told him I was sorry I didn't hear him over the wind noise in the helmet. He said, it's ok and thanked me for being honest and polite. I still got a ticket, but it was not any different than any other speeding deal.

Moral of the story, I according to this story, I ran from the police, but I didn't get guns pulled. I still say the original story has something :shady: about it

Ya if you have a helmet on its basically impossible to hear anything besides your bike and the wind. Did he have his lights on though?

Btw, I ride an R6 as well :rockwoot:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My mistake, she was driving a plain-Jane, black Mercury sedan, with plastic wheel covers. You know, the kind contract killers drive to blend-in in middle-class neighborhoods.

Top Bottom