• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Well my brother knows what he is talking about and he said he wasn't alone in having that optic on his rifle. When he finally made it home, he put one on his personal rifle and I have found that his assessment was correct. Do what you want with the info, but he said they DID use them. Neither of us has any reason to lie about it.

Im not calling anyone a lier. Im saying he is confused on what brand he was using. If sighmark was used in the military they would advertise that heavy like eotech, aimpoint, nightforce etc. Even the sightmark site says military INSPIRED.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Ok, so I just got off the phone with my brother and my info was a bit off. My brother said he did not use one himself, but several of his buddies in his attached special forces unit had them on their rifle. One of his buddies in particular buys different optics and battle tests them. His buddy Kyle, had done tours in Iraq and Afganistan and had the Sightmark on his M4 during those tours. My brother also has seen the Sightmark in action, engaged in battle and said they performed flawlessly. My brother stated he was not allowed to put on his own optic on his rifle(as his unit had to use the issued equipment), but immediately bought one when he came home from service. He also wanted me to say that the Iraq and Afganistan environments are very different (Iraq is a lot of close quarters and the Afganistan area he was in was a lot of open and mountainous regions) and according to what his SF buddies have said and what my brother personally observed, the Sightmark performed with no problems.

My brother used the ACOG during his deployments. He also said that several of his buddies who used Aim Points and EOTechs said that they had to be frequently re-zeroed because of combat movement that resulted in the zero slightly fluctuating. With that said, he did want me to say that the EOTechs and Aim Points are excellent optics and he didn't want to knock them at all. He also said if need be, he can call his buddy up and get his unit number for confirmation.

Sorry my original comment was not 100% accurate.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    As I said earlier there is not point in debating this anymore we will just have to agree to disagree sir.

There is aboslutly no possibable way I will ever believe a sf operator trusted his life to a sightmark period. If a special forces operator himself told me that he used one in iraq and picked it over a eotech or aimpoint I would not believe it.

I mean no disrespect, Im just convinced somone has somthing mixed up because the lack of quality in the sightmark line.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Well there you go... if you heard it from the source... you wouldn't believe it. Just because an item is inexpensive doesn't mean its junk. Besides, the whole point of this topic is for an inexpensive optic... which is why I commented about it in the first place. I'm not saying go out and equip your military battle rifle with a Sightmark, I'm just saying that some military personnel have used them and like them. Thats all I care to say about it.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    In my 6 years army infantry. attached to lots of high speed units I never once saw a sightmark. especially not on any SF weapons. they have some of the most insane budgets out there it makes no sense why they would even consider going with a cheap scope just to "test" it. Operators don't get down like that. why would they even consider testing something that could very well put their own life and the lives of all their team members at risk like that? they wouldn't!

the only optics I saw in theater both in Afghanistan and Iraq were aimpoints, eotech's, acog's, nightforce, elcan specters, and some luppy's. and on some marine rifles were some S&B's w/ premier reticiles.

Now by no means am I knocking the sightmark scopes and they may be fine range optics but I can 100 percent guarantee that they will not outlast or out perform a eotech or aimpoint.

here is a DD torture test video with a aimpoint on it. I can promise you the sightmark wouldn't have lasted at all.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-IVbdF_ZT4[/ame]

Last edited:

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited:

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    In my 6 years army infantry. attached to lots of high speed units I never once saw a sightmark. especially not on any SF weapons. they have some of the most insane budgets out there it makes no sense why they would even consider going with a cheap scope just to "test" it. Operators don't get down like that. why would they even consider testing something that could very well put their own life and the lives of all their team members at risk like that? they wouldn't!

the only optics I saw in theater both in Afghanistan and Iraq were aimpoints, eotech's, acog's, nightforce, elcan specters, and some luppy's. and on some marine rifles were some S&B's w/ premier reticiles.

Now by no means am I knocking the sightmark scopes and they may be fine range optics but I can 100 percent guarantee that they will not outlast or out perform a eotech or aimpoint.

here is a DD torture test video with a aimpoint on it. I can promise you the sightmark wouldn't have lasted at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-IVbdF_ZT4

Ok, you guys got me. My brother is clearly lying about all of this and I'm sure he probably didn't even serve in the Army. He was probably lying about the roadside bomb that he was injured in as well.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Ok, you guys got me. My brother is clearly lying about all of this and I'm sure he probably didn't even serve in the Army. He was probably lying about the roadside bomb that he was injured in as well.

No one is saying your brother is lieing period. I have no doubt your brother believes he saw spec ops soldiers using sightmark. Im saying your brother did not see what he thinks he did as no sf guys on in the US military would consider using one.

I wasn't going to bring this up, but since last night Ive talked to multiple sf guys (real deal, not fakers) and not a single 1 has ever seen or heard of a sightmark in service, and most laughed at me for asking.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I would say at least 75% or more of the AR's at the rally had barska, sightmark, ncstar, leapers, junk, etc mounted on them. Maybe its just me but i would much rather have iron sights than that junk on a $1000+shtf rifle. I did see a hand full of eotech's and a few aimpoints and vortex strikefires on AR's. If i had a guy on team using any of those i would have to seperate myself from them. But thats Just one man's opinion

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Yes sir, and Yes sir.

At the next 1500 I will be all the way in the corner. As you walk in and look at the show I will be all the way in the corner (I mean all the way)

Excellent! I picked up your card at the last show because I was impressed by your knowledge, but was not quite ready for 'adult optics'.

I have experience with red dot sights from Afghanistan but my spouse has none. Did a $25 experiment with a tru glo and a .22lr and now I am a hero ;-) We are ready for adult optics. I will find you. Thanks for your candid input on INGO.
    LS6

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Excellent! I picked up your card at the last show because I was impressed by your knowledge, but was not quite ready for 'adult optics'.

I have experience with red dot sights from Afghanistan but my spouse has none. Did a $25 experiment with a tru glo and a .22lr and now I am a hero ;-) We are ready for adult optics. I will find you. Thanks for your candid input on INGO.
    LS6

sounds good

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    It's an older model,and, IIRC, I bought it before you started your business. One day while firing, the dot just disappeared. I banged the side of the AR with my hand, and it would come back on for a few shots, then disappear again. This is why I think it's a connection issue. I haven't messed with it for awhile. I'll dig it out tonight and mess with it, an I will send it back and see what's going on soon. Thanks.

Early Strikefires has a battery cover issue. Spring wasn't right or something. All I had to do was email them and tell them and they sent me the revised cap and it was g2g.

Top Bottom