• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Understood on them not being comparable. Would like to find a reflex sight but 479 is a little steep to go on a 22/45. Any other recommendations? Thanks

The vortex razor and the fast fire are not really comparible for a couple reasons. 1 is the price at 479 the razor is alot more money that the fast fire. 2 is durability, when you lay hands on the razor you will see what I mean. Its the stoutest 1.4oz Ive ever held.

Now the comparision Im looking at is the Trijicon RMR vs the Razor. The best answer I can give for that is "I dont know" Ive spent 2000ish rds with the razor on my glock 17L. The conclusion ive came to is "I suck with a pistol". Seriously im just not good enough to give a accurate review. Im in the process of getting a rifle up and running to run the 3moa Razor on a 45 degree offset and put it threw its paces. With over 1 year of battery life I can tell you 1 area where the Razor will be beat by the RMR in my eyes is the auto shut off. Hopfully Vortex comes out with a conversion or new site that allows the user to keep the dot on 24/7. Until then I dont think the Razor is a defense pistol option (I know we are talking rifles, but I have a tendancy to keep typing what Im thinking). I think Vortex is one of the best in the industry at listening to the shooting community and this issue will be addressed and the Razor will raise in the ranks. But as of today I cant say its there yet. By putting it on a rifle soon I hope to get a better feel for it:ar15:, Im just not a pistol man.

I know that rant wasnt much help, but thats what I have for now.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Understood on them not being comparable. Would like to find a reflex sight but 479 is a little steep to go on a 22/45. Any other recommendations? Thanks

For that, you might take a look at the Burris Fast Fire line. I love mine on my AK, mostly due to the fact it sits low enough that I can still see my irons through it.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I kinda want to bring this thread back and see what 42769vette would recommend for being able to see my BUIS through the optic in this price range. I have a flip up rear and a fixed post up front.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I kinda want to bring this thread back and see what 42769vette would recommend for being able to see my BUIS through the optic in this price range. I have a flip up rear and a fixed post up front.

What price range are you in? If these are in your budget they are very popular options.

Price is 169 with absolute cowitness
    Vortex Optics - StrikeFire Red/Green Dot Extra-High Mount

Price is 199 with absolute, or lower 1/3rd cowitness (comes with both mounting options)
    Vortex Optics - SPARC Red Dot

chewylax8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    This is a re-brand of an airsoft replica made in China.

One look at the adjustment knob for brightness gave it away.

Have you used the PA Micro dot? I have and it's great (not just my opinion but most people's who've used a PA product). It is NOT at the Aimpoint/EoTech quality level, but PA doesn't claim that they are. If I was working in the $100-$150 range, I would not look any further than PA.

Here's an interview that TTAG did with Marshall, it reveals a little about their process:
    An Interview with Primary Arms CEO Marshall Lerner | The Truth About Guns

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Haven't seen any love for Sightmark on here. I have 3 optics and a 5x tactical magnifier by Sightmark and LOVE them. I have a reflex sight on my RRA AR pistol and a red dot on my patrol rifle (the third is awaiting my new upper I have on order). After the quick zero, I have never had to adjust after hundreds of rounds. My brother was an infantry man in the Army and preferred the Sightmark red dot scope to the EOTec or the AIMPoint because he said it held its zero much better than the other two after long marches and patrols. Plus, you can find them on eBay starting at about $35-$40. Best inexpensive optic on the market in my opinion.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    My brother was an infantry man in the Army and preferred the Sightmark red dot scope to the EOTec or the AIMPoint because he said it held its zero much better than the other two after long marches and patrols. Plus, you can find them on eBay starting at about $35-$40. Best inexpensive optic on the market in my opinion.

Your brother is confusing brands.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Because the military has never used sightmark, and never would. The would be doing well to survive the pressure change on the flight over seas much less combat. I highly doubt there is even 1 sightmark on any of our rifles including rifles that you can supply your own optic

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Well my brother knows what he is talking about and he said he wasn't alone in having that optic on his rifle. When he finally made it home, he put one on his personal rifle and I have found that his assessment was correct. Do what you want with the info, but he said they DID use them. Neither of us has any reason to lie about it.

Top Bottom