• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    bacon.....it unites EVERYONE
    Well, it certainly crosses the black/white boundary.

Tends to alienate much of the Middle East, including many Jews (in the US and abroad). Most Hindi are vegetarians, at least partially. So, purely numerically, Bacon divides more than it unites.

That leaves more for ME, though.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Can someone explain to me the shared cultural experiences that bind all whites together?
    Same as any other. Can you explain shared culture among Asians, blacks, Africans, Middle Easterners, latinos, etc?

I joke at work that I want a middle aged white guy group because we have one for women, asians, blacks, latinos

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    WHITE culture club
    The miss WHITE America pageant
    the national association for the advancement of WHITE Americans
    WHITE culture month
    WHITE movie awards
    WHITE music awards
    etc

Most ALL of these would be viewed by many as RASCIST, yet ALL of them exist with the word WHITE, replaced by BLACK. Blacks have been "Miss America", so isn't "Miss black America" racist, and if not, why do we not have a "Miss White America"? Why do we need separate (but not equal, since blacks DO WIN AWARDS in the standard) music & movie awards? It all seems to me to be reverse racism

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Originally Posted by edporch When I was at IU Bloomington in the 1970's they had the "Black Student Union".
    WHY is it wrong to have a "White Student Union" if there's students interested in it?

Go for it. What's the purpose of a White Student Union?

What's the purpose of a White Student Union?
    No more purpose than a Black Student Union.
    But people should be free to have them if they choose.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Not only are victims victims today, but the majority is being victimized by the minority. Christianity, heterosexuals, white people, Xmas, even racists. I liked the early turn of this thread from the OP going to the humorous (Stripes). I think there is a false equivalency here pointed out by Houghmade. Do the actions of a victim to protect himself justify the oppression? Ahhh, no wonder the Nazis (victims) had to kill Jews, because Jews shot at them in the Warsaw ghetto. I would suspect that the first "Black students Union" was a reaction to all the surrounding oppo by angry white people. Now, let's reformulate that backwards. That's what I see going on here. And more and more everywhere. That's my L/L view and I'm sticking to it. And now, to the dog park....

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well, it certainly crosses the black/white boundary.

Tends to alienate much of the Middle East, including many Jews (in the US and abroad). Most Hindi are vegetarians, at least partially. So, purely numerically, Bacon divides more than it unites.

That leaves more for ME, though.

Just leave bacon well enough alone anarchist!!!!:xmad::laugh:

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    WHITE culture club
    The miss WHITE America pageant
    the national association for the advancement of WHITE Americans
    WHITE culture month
    WHITE movie awards
    WHITE music awards
    etc

Most ALL of these would be viewed by many as RASCIST, yet ALL of them exist with the word WHITE, replaced by BLACK. Blacks have been "Miss America", so isn't "Miss black America" racist, and if not, why do we not have a "Miss White America"? Why do we need separate (but not equal, since blacks DO WIN AWARDS in the standard) music & movie awards? It all seems to me to be reverse racism

Think of the years there is a Black Miss America, then there will also be a Miss Black America

Personally I am sick of the reverse racism. A white, christian, heterosexual male is what all these groups are going after

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not only are victims victims today, but the majority is being victimized by the minority. Christianity, heterosexuals, white people, Xmas, even racists. I liked the early turn of this thread from the OP going to the humorous (Stripes). I think there is a false equivalency here pointed out by Houghmade. Do the actions of a victim to protect himself justify the oppression? Ahhh, no wonder the Nazis (victims) had to kill Jews, because Jews shot at them in the Warsaw ghetto. I would suspect that the first "Black students Union" was a reaction to all the surrounding oppo by angry white people. Now, let's reformulate that backwards. That's what I see going on here. And more and more everywhere. That's my L/L view and I'm sticking to it. And now, to the dog park....

See?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Go for it. What's the purpose of a White Student Union?

To get a price break on bulk mayonnaise purchases????

Just kidding...Every morning this black lady makes my breakfast sandwich at the local quickie mart and she always used to ask if I wanted mayonnaise...After a month of eating the same thing every morning and her always asking I just looked at her, grinned and said, "You know just because I am white doesn't mean I like mayonnaise." She got flustered then saw my grin and busted out laughing...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Think of the years there is a Black Miss America, then there will also be a Miss Black America

Personally I am sick of the reverse racism. A white, christian, heterosexual male is what all these groups are going after

Bad example.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Just kidding...Every morning this black lady makes my breakfast sandwich at the local quickie mart and she always used to ask if I wanted mayonnaise...After a month of eating the same thing every morning and her always asking I just looked at her, grinned and said, "You know just because I am white doesn't mean I like mayonnaise." She got flustered then saw my grin and busted out laughing...

Seriously, it took me years before I would eat mayo.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If this group wants their club, let them have it... but I see why people are opposed to it. Many of the organizations you guys are complaining about, have lost a bunch of support over the years. Give it time, and they will all be gone.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    If this group wants their club, let them have it... but I see why people are opposed to it. Many of the organizations you guys are complaining about, have lost a bunch of support over the years. Give it time, and they will all be gone.

Question (and an honest one): How can someone be opposed to this organization and for [insert ethnic group here] Student Union (assuming all else equal - neither promotes violence, both exist as social organizations for their respective folks, etc) - and still be intellectually honest/consistent?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

One of my pigmently gifted friends likes mayo and dislikes hot sauce. This is doubly upsetting because he's also a vet, and vets know Tobasco makes sucky MREs marginally less sucky. I, on the other hand am pigmently deficient but like hot sauce and do not like mayo. As such, we flip each other crap about it all the time.

Remind me to tell you the prank I played on him at the winery. :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Question (and an honest one): How can someone be opposed to this organization and for [insert ethnic group here] Student Union (assuming all else equal - neither promotes violence, both exist as social organizations for their respective folks, etc) - and still be intellectually honest/consistent?

I object to the form of the question in that it assumes facts not in evidence.

...by which I mean that in terms of denoting a race, historically, The term "black" used in organizations has a significantly different connotation than the term "white". Before I would answer any hypothetical about an organization that promotes itself as "white", I would have to see actual evidence that it does not fall along the lines of pretty much every other organization which named itself the "white" anything (excluding Sox).

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

For putting forth a false narrative. The group in question says something along the lines of recognizing western civilization. Is western civilization = white civilization? In effect it would seem to want ignoring all other contributions.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom