• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baPgr_tw79Q&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Guns for Cash! No Background Check, no ID, AND IT'S ALL LEGAL![/ame]

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Not a lot of cash? 650 bucks for a MAADI? Not a lot of cash?

I see the felon, and lucky for law enforcement, he even did the favor of taping himself illegally purchasing.

I want to see an America where people who try to entrap people are sent to jail for maligning good, law abiding citizens.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    This is a crock. You don't need to ask for ID. The burden of truth in private transactions is upon the purchaser to not misrepresent himself as this kid did. He broke federal law. If Ohio law is anything like Indiana law, the seller did nothing wrong if it was a private transaction.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hey Moron! Maybe if you had one of those guns on you, you wouldn't have got your a** shot 4 times.

Maybe we should all just ball up in a fetal position and get shot like you!

And if I remember right, the guy that shot him bought his guns through a dealer with background check, so it would have made no difference.

What an idiot!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, go to the vid as posted on youtube.
    A nice kicker is that the comments have been disabled.
    Buttheads can't stand anyone making a counter point to the stupidity displayed in their video.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    what do they do with the guns??

also, I want an america where anyone who wants to have a kid has to go through a mental evaluation and background check and buy a license before they have sex to make a baby. that way they dont drown their kids in a lake or drive the wrong way on the highway drunk and kill their kids. cause im sure that would work and is constitutional

the above makes just as much stupid sense as what that guy is asking for.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Would be interesting if someone happened to send this video to the BATF:dunno: though I wouldnt expect to see a darn thing done.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I spotted felonies on both sides of the table. Being an unlicensed dealer isn't exactly legal.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    those sellers didnt have to be licensed by law. they were selling their private collection. they can set up at shows with no violation of the law.

That's true. It'd be up for a jury to decide.

In my opinion, however, setting up a retail front and selling guns from your "private" collection is likely dealing. Constitutional questions of whether the Gun Control Act of 1968 is constitutional or not aside, what I observed in most of those cases appears to be unlicensed dealing to me.

Especially the last one, where the guy appeared to have bought it recently and admitted that he was 1. retired and 2. making a profit on the sale.

One of the problems, as I see it, is that we as gun owners talk about how there are sufficient laws in place to deter crime, but then we ignore instances like this, where it's obvious that some shady transactions are going on.

The only one that wasn't creepy to me was the guy selling his gun from his back. That stuff happens at gun shows all the time.

Selling a few guns a year from your private collection is one thing, but selling them for a profit at a retail table is a totally different story, in my opinion and based upon my knowledge of the relevant statutes.

And for the record, I don't think what I observed in that video ought to be illegal, but I do think that what I saw there is/was potentially illegal.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    selling a gun even to make a profit is not illegal either. buy a gun today and sell it in a couple days,,,, not illegal. now if they can show you are making hundreds of gun transactions, then im sure you would need a license. i dont know the "letter of the law" but, a lot of times at shows, the guys selling guns arent only selling guns.

if you buy a Colt 1911 for $100 and you decide you need the money like the "retired school teacher" are you gonna sell it to me for $100 or the $1000 or more that its worth?? you would be either very generous or stupid if you sold it for $100 that you paid.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Posting a gun for sell on ingo is no different than paying for tables at the 1500 and selling your privatly owned guns.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Posting a gun for sell on ingo is no different than paying for tables at the 1500 and selling your privatly owned guns.

There are obvious and tremendous factual differences between selling a single firearm on Ingo and bringing dozens of them to a gun show and renting a table on which to sell them.

selling a gun even to make a profit is not illegal either. buy a gun today and sell it in a couple days,,,, not illegal. now if they can show you are making hundreds of gun transactions, then im sure you would need a license. i dont know the "letter of the law" but, a lot of times at shows, the guys selling guns arent only selling guns.

if you buy a Colt 1911 for $100 and you decide you need the money like the "retired school teacher" are you gonna sell it to me for $100 or the $1000 or more that its worth?? you would be either very generous or stupid if you sold it for $100 that you paid.

I never said that it was illegal to buy a gun and sell it at a profit. But admitting that you do not have a job and that you are selling a gun at a profit at a gun show sure makes the question much easier to answer as to whether you're supporting yourself with income from firearm sales.

There is no specific number of firearms one needs to sell in order to be a dealer. It could be as low as one.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    If I deceide to take my 37 guns and sell them @ a gun show they are still my privatly owned guns.

Top Bottom