• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Stirring the pot is a good thing.

I have always thought it was good to challenge some ones ideas, beliefs, mindset.

Also its good to offend some one once in a while, it helps keep them in check, and maybe just maybe one will think, "why do i believe this?" or "why do i find this offensive" and it will help them grow as a person.

Well said Sir!

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    The "repuation" tracking is all a sham anyhow. As long as threads are allowed for the sake of repping, just to rep, it's worthless.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    On the many of web forums that I have seen who use this typeof forum software, I have yet to see where the neg rep feature wasn't abused. I also have yet to see where the pos rep feature wasn't abused as well...

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Hey, can we gives ourselves rep?

That'll make you go blind, son.

On the many of web forums that I have seen who use this typeof forum software, I have yet to see where the neg rep feature wasn't abused. I also have yet to see where the pos rep feature wasn't abused as well...

THIS exactly. I've seen it used with vBulletin on a couple of other sites - significantly larger than here. Both times, it doesn't work out as the black/white, 1/0 designers intend. It works out in the same model of human nature. It's not bad... it just is what it is. Kinda like communism. Interesting idea of paper, for those who chose to participate, but human nature causes it to fail apart quickly.

Rep systems on forums are the same way. No matter how much someone wants to say "It should just work like xxxxx," it's simply not going to.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFRM4oJwLdc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFRM4oJwLdc[/ame]

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Great points are all over the place.:yesway:
    However , gut jigglin' FUNNY .:D will get always get me on the rep. button faster than anything.

.:twocents:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd rather the MODS just remove REP altogether. The whole REP system has been abused from its original intentions for a long time now.

I agree. The rep pyramid thread kinda irks me. It takes every meaning away from what rep is supposed to be.

IMHO, the rep system has always done more damage than good. It has always been used way more for BS than good information. It has also led to a lot of less than desirable members becoming overly confident in their bad behavior.

Yes, the rep system has turned idiots into geniuses. The sad part is that this spreads like wildfire with noobs believing the BS. Makes you wonder what the watch groups think of us Indiana gun owners, eh?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Ummm.... Folks do understand that this is just an internet forum board, right?

It is not the be all meaning of life.

Top Bottom