• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Blah blah blah blah. What I hear is a bunch of folks defending their decision to do nothing and trying to convince others to do nothing with them. No coward wants to sit on the sidelines alone.

While you wait for the coming fall, have you considered spending just a little bit of your ammo money to mentor a child?

Have you thought if the school doesn't teach history properly that you should spend one of your precious vacation days auditing your local classroom?

Maybe you should save one of your personal days and go to a city council meeting and try to improve your community instead of the 1500 to improve your ammo supply.

Maybe you should do something instead of encouraging others to do nothing.

I for one am tired of pandering to the gun community for fear of hurting feelings. If you are not doing something to improve this country, then you are not much of an American, and folks like you are why we are in the present situation.

If the future outlook is a bad as you think, and you believe it cannot be changed, then shut up and sit down. This country was founded by people of action, and people of action are what we need to save it.

Did the men of the Continental Army refuse to fight in Trenton because they were outnumbered and had to walk through the snow in bare bloodied feet?

Did the men of the 20th Maine throw down their arms and whine when Col Chamberlain told them to pivot on their weak flank and charge, with empty rifles?

Did the sailors of Taffy 3 throw up their hands and say what's the point when Cmdr Copeland told them "This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."?

No one is asking anyone to fight, if we need to do that then we have failed as citizens because countless men and women have already died so we would not have to. We need Americans who are worthy of the lives that have been given to preserve the liberties we so vainly have squandered. If you are not willing to go quietly, if you think the world is filled with possibilities and not despair, if you are a person of action, then join us, we have a plan. People of action are what we need.

I am done with this thread, I will spend my energies with doers. The rest can pay ten bucks to tour the museum with their grandkids, point to our pictures and say "I didn't think it was possible, but those folks would not give up".

Yellowhousejake
    Dave Goodrich

i think i understand where your coming from and what you mean, and if i am right i would prolly agree with you, but your delivery kind of sucks my friend

jake

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Then I suppose it depends on the constitution in question. If it's the one we've got, the answer is "no", because the document itself desperately needs revision.
    Did you just join with Ruth Ginsburg in the notion that our Constitution is flawed? Amendment process is available to you. Because the president views the Constitution as an obstacle, does that mean it can be ignored as he has demonstrated so often? I say no, the amendment process is available to him also.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Did you just join with Ruth Ginsburg in the notion that our Constitution is flawed? Amendment process is available to you. Because the president views the Constitution as an obstacle, does that mean it can be ignored as he has demonstrated so often? I say no, the amendment process is available to him also.
    And the existing amendments are avail. to us should we choose to use them as intended by the founders.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

You don't have to worry about fletch joining with Ginsburg on anything. Government hasn't followed the constitution for decades. What's their punishment for not doing so?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Not a chance he is siding with her. He is simply stating some of the amendments that have come along after the Bill of Rights have taken some freedoms from the people and the States.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have the government we have because there are enough people that demanded every piece of legislation we have and are unwilling to give up their side of pie.

The taxpayers have given the colts over a billion since they've been in Indy. There is no way a person can justify it in a free market and country but a great many are willing to overlook it due to a perceived benefit to themselves. Substitute the cots with any other government expenditure and wash, rinse, and repeat.

How do we get rid of that mindset? Most people value graft more than liberty. WhO here is willing to privatize all parks, shooting ranges, and hunting grounds? Who here is willing to give up taxpayer funded school sports? The list could go on. Almost every swinging Richard in this country has a piece of welfare they're unwilling to give up.

True...many are on the fed. teet's and do not even realize it. Local as well.
    I sent my kids to private school and paid for "Everything" so I get your point. I survived it. The mindset you speak of is the Kool aid taking effect and controlling the minds of the weak. How to change that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    True...many are on the fed. teet's and do not even realize it. Local as well.
    I sent my kids to private school and paid for "Everything" so I get your point. I survived it. The mindset you speak of is the Kool aid taking effect and controlling the minds of the weak. How to change that.

We can't change it here on a board full of supposed conservatives. How can we have any hope in changing it outside of here? I've seen all manner of excuses and justifications for government programs and expenditures here. It's way worse outside of here.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Wel if they'd let us keep OUR money, we could afford to pay for the services we each use and let the ones no body uses fall off the face of the earth the way it is meant...

What do you mean? Taxation in large amounts are needed to provide the freedoms we are granted by the government. Plus, they know best what services are good for us as well as the ones we do not need.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We can't change it here on a board full of supposed conservatives. How can we have any hope in changing it outside of here? I've seen all manner of excuses and justifications for government programs and expenditures here. It's way worse outside of here.

Singing to the choir....I see it daily. It has to start somewhere. Here, there, no matter.
    Problem is, how folks view being a conservative. I view it as believing in minimal Gov. and self reliance. That is a short or readers digest description but it covers
    my view with out getting to wordy.

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I almost ran for city council, but did not because I am probably moving in 2 years. Did not want to run for a 4 year term and then leave after 2.

So I joined the Planning and Zoning Board for the town. This is the board that has all the regulations on what you can and can't do on your property and how much it is going to cost you if you want to upgrade your windows by permits.

It pisses me off how much junk is the the book. I am trying to get items changed or removed. I believe in property rights and if you own it, you can do as you see fit for it. If you want to have a junk yard in your front yard, so be it.

I don't think we can save the republic, but if we are going to, we have to start local and work our way up. Fix your town and their mindset then you can possibly change the surrounding communities and then the state.

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I used to consider myself conservative till I started to research it more and do the test. Then I can to find out I was LIBERAL. Well a classical liberal.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I used to consider myself conservative till I started to research it more and do the test. Then I can to find out I was LIBERAL. Well a classical liberal.

I would argue that the measure of a conservative is that which he endeavors to conserve, which may well be classical liberalism.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i dont think we can save it either, that kills me, i love our country even with the faults, and i'm really not one to give up easily on things. but really where to even start? sure we could do this or that but the problem is so systemic that i'm not sure fixing this or that will make a difference in the long run. this saddens me as a father of young children, what kind of world will they have?

we cant fix the government while we have all this division in the country, its not just a difference of opinion but division. how we got here isnt all that important, were here and there isnt much common ground between the people, forget the politicians i'm not sure they are all that important, the lack of unity of the population is why there is no hope, if we were unified we could deal with the politicians. sure we can sit here on ingo and solve all the problems. but there are millions out there who are opposed to our beliefs in smaller government and liberty. and they too are willing to fight and die for their beliefs.

so where does this leave us? Lincoln is quoted with " a house divided cannot stand" he wasnt the first to say it but those words are true today, we are divided in so many ways. politically, racially, economically, and the list goes on and on. our house is in shambles and is ready to collapse.....

jake

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    Everyone talking to each other on the internet is not going to do anything. I try not to think about the things I have no control over. Think about what you do have control over. It is not going to be easy. It is going to take time and effort.

It is easier to change your local government than trying to change some federal 1600 page law. If you are able to get the local government to stand up for your liberties there might come a day when several local/states stand up to the federal government. But that is going to take you and me being involved in that process.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    is it served up to us or is it what all of us have allowed?

jake
    I certainly never allowed it or wanted it. What was I supposed to do? Shoot the people that were wrong? Of course we could not do that. This once great nation is surely a democracy now and there is not a damned thing that can be done about it. Half of the population gets gets something for nothing and they sure as hell will not give it up without a fight.

Top Bottom