• HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    d9fda1d9.jpg
    . :D.

First, big +1 to JoeBobOutfitters.com for emailing me when the lower was in stock, having it shipped free, and throwing in a free tshirt.

Another +1 to Indy Trading Post for handling the transfer for me quickly and painlessly. Great service in there this evening.

Now for the short list of plans.

This is my first AR so I will be doing tons of reading and asking.
    Ultimately, I will have a suppressed 300blk SBR.
    I think I am going to start out with a 16" 5.56 upper to get everything up and running.

I will be taking my time to do this build and acquire parts so I can research what's going into it and learn everything I can about how and why stuff works.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    You are going to have a lot of fun with that and I'd be glad to help with the build. I'm not far away if you run into trouble.

That is much appreciated and I'm sure I'll have some questions. I was already really considering a 300blk but now I have a solid foundation to lay the blame on for really wanting it now. And for that, I thank you. :).

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I actually talked to ATM about that kit last night. I was already pretty close to being sold on it, but now I know that it is the kit that I will end up with.

I put one in my 9mm AR and it works great but I only recommend it if it's what you want. I could've spent $70 less on my LPK and been just as happy.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Well, it's been awhile since I updated. I'm getting closer. I have since purchased a Magpul CTR stock, MOE+ grip, Spike's heavy buffer, a 20 round FDE pmag, a 30 round black pmag, and a Magpul bus.

9EABEFC8-A232-4CAB-A8D9-A5844E5545C2-1643-00000211F3A83A6B.jpg

Wednesday or Thursday this week, my Spike's lpk, Spike's nickel boron battle trigger, and Spike's buffer tube/stock set should ship out.

With any luck, the 16" Spike's upper with carbine length gas system and MOE hand guards will become available this week as well. If so, I may need some assistance getting this thing together and up and running. I'm really getting antsy at this point.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Looks like a nice build!

Thanks. I have it stuck in my head that everything needs to match for my first build. Aidan has already decided that he would like to build one as well so The next one will be even more budget minded. I have 3 PSA lower parts kits sitting in the safe now though without the trigger groups so that means we have to build at least 3 more, right? :D

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Thanks. I have it stuck in my head that everything needs to match for my first build. Aidan has already decided that he would like to build one as well so The next one will be even more budget minded. I have 3 PSA lower parts kits sitting in the safe now though without the trigger groups so that means we have to build at least 3 more, right? :D

Exactly! :D. I've got to get a couple more lowers to start some more builds....

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

Or give me one. :D I love watching these builds, so I will be watching.

Top Bottom