• ...and so much more!
  • OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I'm glad to see this coming together!

I know we have talked a couple of times after you shot mine.

Any time you want to run it again let me know, we can get together and see if my upgrade corrected my extraction issue.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    It's all a waiting game now. Just ordered the upper. I went with a 16" mid length system with the MOE hand guards. I should have everything ordered at this point and can't wait for it to get here. :rockwoot:

As of 4:00 pm all parts have shipped!!!!! I might just have an AR built by the end of the weekend. :D

Last edited:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Everything is due in today. I have watched a couple YouTube videos on how to assemble a lower and I have come to the conclusion that I need a hammer, a punch set, a razor blade, needle nose pliers and some tape to cover up the receiver to protect from scratches. Am I missing anything? Do I need to grease/oil anything in the lower before during or after I assemble it? I am using a nickel boron trigger group from Spikes.

Thanks

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Well, as expected, all parts had arrived by the time I got home from work.

2E86CBF3-B81A-499C-9250-CB1FD713DDAE-6162-000006A8716F1177.jpg

First, I cleaned all the parts in the lpk with gun scrubber to get all the goo off of them. I then let them sit in the sun for a bit and then coated them with the Frog Lube. I printed the guide for assembling an AR15 lower receiver from ar15.com. Using that paired with the couple videos I watched on YouTube last night really made this assembly a breeze. I will note though that the gentleman in the video really made it look easy putting in the pivot pin and detent. It only shot out once. It hit the ceiling and both pieces landed right in front of me.

AD9E9217-D532-4A7B-8BD5-0087273579BB-6162-000006A87DCC42A1.jpg

58840893-6F7E-48A6-83D5-587C49E51B86-6162-000006A897C7CE15.jpg

ACDFBFDE-9BEB-44EE-B5EE-298B8AF26A28-6162-000006A8A9C2C01E.jpg

Now I have to wait til Sunday to shoot it. :(

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    The addiction is definitely there. My 8 year old wants one and I want a 300blk SBR. :). I'm gonna get this puppy up and running and then I'll be gunning with you guys at the next Appleseed. I can't wait!!!

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    double dong lower ftw!

:laugh: I had never heard that before and I was researching my upper last week and came across a thread talking about it. I'll be darned if I can't see a spider anymore. Hahaha. Oh well. I prefer the "dueling penis" description. I have enough of a sense of humor that it doesn't bother me. :n00b:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    The test drive went pretty much flawlessly. :rockwoot:

Just a couple of questions.
    First: is it normal for a new upper to be tough to adjust the front sight? I had ordered a sight tool for my tech sights on the 10/22 thinking I was killin two birds with one rock. Unfortunately it is a 5 prong tool and my AR is a 4 prong. I tried using one of my punches to get the post to turn but it wasn't happening. The two guys next to me used the same punch and adjusted both of their ar's front posts without a problem.

Second: I am ejecting brass very consistently, I believe but it is around the 2 o'clock position. I am under the understanding that ideally you want it to go to the 3-4:30 position. I have the ST-T2 buffer and full auto BCG. Would a SSS spring help? Possibly a lighter buffer?

Other than those two "complaints", the gun ran 150 flawless rounds through it. I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time I was there and the whole way home. :D.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The test drive went pretty much flawlessly. :rockwoot:

Just a couple of questions.
    First: is it normal for a new upper to be tough to adjust the front sight? I had ordered a sight tool for my tech sights on the 10/22 thinking I was killin two birds with one rock. Unfortunately it is a 5 prong tool and my AR is a 4 prong. I tried using one of my punches to get the post to turn but it wasn't happening. The two guys next to me used the same punch and adjusted both of their ar's front posts without a problem.

Second: I am ejecting brass very consistently, I believe but it is around the 2 o'clock position. I am under the understanding that ideally you want it to go to the 3-4:30 position. I have the ST-T2 buffer and full auto BCG. Would a SSS spring help? Possibly a lighter buffer?

Other than those two "complaints", the gun ran 150 flawless rounds through it. I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time I was there and the whole way home. :D.

Not sure on the front sight post, but I've been able to adjust mine with just the tip of a bullet.

Top Bottom