• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    A three tap with .45ACP would cost about a dollar.

Save the dollar.... give the tap.

Last edited:

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    This scenario is actually one of the reasons I just got my first gun. I get approached all the time by homeless people in ATL...sometimes very aggressive ones. The police got called on the last one who harassed me. Looking forward to my GWL in the mail soon.

o Mr Cadillac o

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Greenwood
    Im even getting asked for a dollar or a smoke down in Greenwood, and Whiteland as of late. This never used to happen around here. Times are tuff for some people. I carry for this reason!

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    .45ACP 230gr gold dots cost more than a dollar each. The dollar would be more cost effective!
    Not necessarily. It would be cost effective for you short term only. The adverse side effects of this type of problem cost all of us. Especially when the problem persists or police get involved when 4 people want a handout and won't allow you to leave.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    You guys are just plain harsh. These are people, human beings, your fellow man. Maybe you someday.

I hope your conscience kicks in after one of these encounters, at least that is something.....

Of course, you should always be prepared to defend yourself, but have you ever been hungry? I mean really hungry?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    You guys are just plain harsh. These are people, human beings, your fellow man. Maybe you someday.

I hope your conscience kicks in after one of these encounters, at least that is something.....

Of course, you should always be prepared to defend yourself, but have you ever been hungry? I mean really hungry?
    If a man needs food I'll buy it for him.
    In these cases the "need" is for booze or drugs. :noway:

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana

I will buy a man a meal but give HIM MONEY absolutly NOT. How many of them asking for money will buy booze or drugs? 99% pretty close i would say

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    yeah i don't think this is about denying a hungry person his next meal, it's about a VERY commonly used approach at public places to get close enough to cause you harm.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    A few years back I used to get off the 465/Pendleton Pike exit almost everynight to visit friends after work and there was a homeless guy always sitting at the end of the off ramp..... one night I thought about him when I stopped at McDonald's for burgers and decided to get him a couple double cheeseburgers...... literally 4 days after the last encounter I see his picture on the 5:00 news...... Wanted in connection with a string of murders on the northeast side of Indianapolis...... Lesson learned........

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

Ever hear of a soup kitchen/food pantry/homeless shelter?

ETA: Though, if they were truly asking for money because they were hungry, I have more respect for those who come and politely ask for help, then I do for those who hide behind the gov't JBT's who take it from you under threat of prison and give it to them.

Top Bottom