can i carry in tje lobby of marion county jail?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    yes. i did take the drivers test and passed. so yes i know the rules of the road just like i know the rules and laws of my CCW. it was the first thing i did before i every started to carry. i made sure to know my state and local laws on carrying my hand gun.

@ N8RV. you maybe right. but still every gun owner should already know the very basic of gun carrying laws.

You know them so well yet you called it a ccw:):.

wolfy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    If this were the case, you would know it is not a CCW, but rather a License to Carry Handgun (LTCH).

Just because you took the driver's test and passed does not mean you know all the rules and regulations of the road. Do you know the distance at which you must signal before turning? Or the distance to signal a turn when approaching a traffic signal? Do you know the legal distance one can park on the approach to a traffic signal or sign? Under what circumstances are you allowed to turn left on red?

@Car Ramrod. if you read the drivers manual it well answer all your questions. plus there is always the internet or better yet youtube.

@Hajisc. yes i am seeing that. and i apologize.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    @Car Ramrod. if you read the drivers manual it well answer all your questions. plus there is always the internet or better yet youtube.

@Hajisc. yes i am seeing that. and i apologize.

And the internet is exactly where the OP came for the answer to his question.
    I owned a gun shop, I have carried for years, have a LTCH and I didn't know the answer for his question. No one is perfect and I applaud him for asking and not just assuming.

The fact you didn't answer CRR's questions tells me you don't know the answers.

Quit trying to act so superior to everyone else and try to fit in. There is no stupid question, only stupid people who don't ask them.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    yes. i did take the drivers test and passed. so yes i know the rules of the road just like i know the rules and laws of my CCW. it was the first thing i did before i every started to carry. i made sure to know my state and local laws on carrying my hand gun.

@ N8RV. you maybe right. but still every gun owner should already know the very basic of gun carrying laws.
    Have you ever read How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie? Might wanna check that out.:ingo:

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo

In Indiana its not a CCW, its a LTCH, if you are going to insult people this soon into your INGO days at least be correct in your statements. :noway:

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have to pick something up at Marion county jail,and didn't want to leave my pistol in The car to possibly get stolen. Anybody know the law/rule about lobby carry at MCSD?

Valid queston, unlike "wolfy" seems to think, you cant know every law. If he knows every law, then i guess he would be one damn good attorney, but my impression of him is that he is what we refer to as a "Lazyboy Quarterback" :D

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Wolfy, the "rules" for carrying a gun in Indiana vary by jurisdiction for carrying in some places. For example, in Harrison County you cannot carry a firearm into the Justice Center, but you can carry in other county administrative offices. Some counties allow you to carry in the courthouse, most don't. I would say that most of us here are well aware of what we can and can't do in our own counties, but maybe a few are unsure and they ask before breaking the rules.

Actually, the rules don't vary by jurisdiction and county, as that would mean we do not have state preemption.

wolfy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    seeing how the topic has now changed over to what i said has anyone come up with an answer for 1nthechmber? seeing how this topic is about his question and not about what i had to say.

@1nthechmber. i would just leave the gun in your lock box. that way it is locked up and there can be not problems in the jail lobby. always better safe then sorry i like to say.

have a nice day.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I have to pick something up at Marion county jail,and didn't want to leave my pistol in The car to possibly get stolen. Anybody know the law/rule about lobby carry at MCSD?

depends where you go in the jail, I hope you know there is more than one facility, buy you can carry into the lobby of the mail jail if that's as far as you have to go. if you're going any farther they do have a metal detector in the lobby if you're heading to the clerks office etc.. i'd say leave it in the car locked up.

Top Bottom