• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    California is a huge ag producer. And those are good people who solidly went trump. They want to remove regulations on water usage that protects endangered minnows and destroys their crops
    Good points, Doc.

Have to remember who REALLY wants to leave the union: SOME big-city residents and the folks that support an Aztlan state. The rest of the folks just want to go along with their lives as best they can.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    California is too beautiful to let go. I say we keep it and let the people who want to leave go elsewhere.

Lets focus on federally striking down California's communist laws so that they don't apply to anyone.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    California alone has the world's 7th largest economy. Think about that for a bit.

continuing on with the "fantasy" (nightmare more like it) - suddenly not having their economy in the mix nationally would crush the rest of the country. Probably beyond the brink.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    California contributes something like $290 Billion in Federal tax income, and costs something like $343 Billion in Federal grants/programs/etc... So, we net $50 Billion if they go, just in savings.

Drop in the bucket, but who wouldn't like an extra $384 back in your pocket?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    California alone has the world's 7th largest economy. Think about that for a bit.

continuing on with the "fantasy" (nightmare more like it) - suddenly not having their economy in the mix nationally would crush the rest of the country. Probably beyond the brink.

Just a few short years ago it was 5th. Things aren't looking good for them these days. But it's still not a good idea to **** them away.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Are they free or are they enslaved by the U.S.?

If they all want to go, let them.

If some of them want to go, let them.

If some of them want to stay, let them.

freedom = choices

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Secession, that's been tried before and didn't work out so well, this sounds more like moonbat mating calls to me.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Are they free or are they enslaved by the U.S.?

If they all want to go, let them.

If some of them want to go, let them.

If some of them want to stay, let them.

freedom = choices

Observe for yourself how popular a subject freedom is around here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Get out of here with your common sense!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Get out of here with your common sense!

Common sense left the building when some weird yahoos in California started talking about secession. No need to inject it into the conversation at this late point. This Calexit talk is reactionary blather worthy of ridicule and nothing more.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

And how much do we spend on California compared to what they bring in? We'd still trade with them, but I bet it would be a net gain.

Also, not really possible. They wouldn't let TX leave over obamacare, I doubt they'll let CA leave either.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Common sense left the building when some weird yahoos in California started talking about secession. No need to inject it into the conversation at this late point. This Calexit talk is reactionary blather worthy of ridicule and nothing more.

Of course it's blather in this case, but I'll snatch up most any opportunity to discuss the principles of freedom.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    And how much do we spend on California compared to what they bring in? We'd still trade with them, but I bet it would be a net gain.

Get out of here with your voluntary economic rationality, we've got empire to enforce. ;)

Also, not really possible. They wouldn't let TX leave over obamacare, I doubt they'll let CA leave either.

Blood in, blood out. Mob rules.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom