• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I always wondered about the Ed Browns. Is $1000 a good price for a used one then? How's the trigger?

Oh, how I wish I had found one for under a grand. I've only had mine a week now and have run 100 rounds through it, but I love the thing. I don't know why, but it feels a bit different to me than my other 1911s do. It could be spring rates or just a tactile thing due to the style grips and bobtail. Interestingly though, the trigger feels about the same as the rest of my 1911s do. That could be due to my habit of pulling every 1911 I get apart and cleaning up the sear and hammer hooks a bit with a fine stone using an Ed Brown sear jig though. I don't think any of the triggers I've done are fantastic, but all are good and the EB Exec Carry came already done to what I'm comfortable with.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Oh, how I wish I had found one for under a grand. I've only had mine a week now and have run 100 rounds through it, but I love the thing. I don't know why, but it feels a bit different to me than my other 1911s do. It could be spring rates or just a tactile thing due to the style grips and bobtail. Interestingly though, the trigger feels about the same as the rest of my 1911s do. That could be due to my habit of pulling every 1911 I get apart and cleaning up the sear and hammer hooks a bit with a fine stone using an Ed Brown sear jig though. I don't think any of the triggers I've done are fantastic, but all are good and the EB Exec Carry came already done to what I'm comfortable with.
    My EB is far and above my favorite shooter. It does have a different feel to it. I don't know what it is about it. I've thought and thought but no answer. I've tried different grips etc and it still feels the same.
    The only real "thought" I have about it is that "There's NO strain" on anything on it. Racking or releasing the slide, safety, mag release, hammer pull, everything is smooth and precise to it.
    Oh, FOR THE RECORD....I've never had to change the recoil spring in a 1911. I have some originals over 70 years old. They fire everytime and cycle everytime with plain old 230fmj. And NONE of the old ones like the JHP of anykind.

sbond

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Franklin
    Sig C3 on new but save some money Indy Trader has a RIA Tactical 4" for 509.00, grab a gun has a 5" for 409.00 plus 5.95 shipping FFL dealer paper work 25.00 and the shoot just as well with no break in vs Kimber 500 rd break in and you do have to shoot and break them in before I would carry one..... my 2 cents

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I shot it today and I gotta say I was impressed. That sig is more accurate than I'll ever be and the slide to frame fit was like an engineer's dream. The trigger was a little heavy but not bad. It was dead on out to about 50 feet.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    Sig is running a promo, if you buy one of the selcted 1911 models you will recieve a free 1911-22 pistol , and I believe the C-3 is one of the models they selected.

Top Bottom