• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I'm spending around $800, wanting a 45. So far I've narrowed my choices down to a Para Elite Officer, Kimber Pro Carry and a Sig C3. Anyone care to give me their two cents? I don't want a full size.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    For the money sig beats the kimber 1911's all day long. You will spend several hundred dollars more on kimber to get options the sigs come standard with. I vote sig.
    No experience with para so I can't give an informed answer.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Depends which model I guess. Buy a bigger capacity mag is my answer to that.
    besides everyone knows that when you hit something with 1 round of .45 the target is destroyed! :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    In the end it's whatever makes you happy. When shopping for a 1911, mag capacity has never been a concern of mine. But then again, I don't carry a 1911 for self
    defense. Only range or home (if I happen to grab one that's not my normal nightstand gun)

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I love a 1911. There's nothing like that feel of a steel framed gun and the recoil of 45acp. I would bet my life on it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I love a 1911. There's nothing like that feel of a steel framed gun and the recoil of 45acp. I would bet my life on it.
    Yep I love the feel of them too. I'd bet my life on a good one. I just don't carry them because of back issues and the weight. The lightweight models would solve that I guess but I don't have one.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I had a Smith and Wesson commander with an alloy frame and it was pretty nice to carry. Not much different than my XDm 9mm. A good holster and belt solve most of any carry issues I had with it.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've had very good experience with a Kimber Compact as my preferred carry gun. It is the early version without the Swartz safety. It has been reliable and amazingly accurate. Pro Carry gets my vote.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Of the three listed, I would go with the Kimber. At that price point, you might want to check out the Range Officer as well. I read and hear lot of good comments about it.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm spending around $800, wanting a 45. So far I've narrowed my choices down to a Para Elite Officer, Kimber Pro Carry and a Sig C3. Anyone care to give me their two cents? I don't want a full size.

A friend of mine has a Kimber Pro Carry....and she loves it! I had to teach her how to shoot the 1911 (she switched from a Glock 19) and she's pretty good with it! I've shot it several times and right out of the box, it was 'nails' shooting 1 ragged hole each mag! With it's alloy frame, it's actually quite comfortable to carry!

I've never shot a Sig 1911...and dad sold his Para .45 (which I liked the Kimber better)!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I believe you are talking about 2 different size pistols. The Sig and Para are Officers frame and the Pro carry II is a full size frame. Personally I favor the Officers frame with a 4" but you need to compare apples to apples. The Kimber that would be comparable to the others would be the Compact model. I've owned several Kimber compacts and they were all capable of cutting a ragged hole at 7 yards. The Kimber Compact would be my personal choice of those you listed but you really didn't list it. :)
    I'm not sure that Kimber makes an Officers frame pistol with a Steel frame and a 4" barrel now but all of the Compacts I had were Gen I Kimbers and they were make with Steel frames as well as aluminum. Of the 3 you listed my choice would be the Kimber.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member~~ [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&amp] ~~[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] ~~[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I have a SIG c3 and its probably my favorite of my 1911's. Has turned in to my edc, shoots great, feels great and looks awesome. I would buy another in a minute. Don't think you would regret buying one.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    In that price range, another vote for the Sig. I'm starting to see a trend here. With all the options that are given for free on the Sig's it's a no brainer. Now if your getting into the $1,300 category then I'd look at a Springfield TRP.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    MY vote would be for the Kimber, which it has been three times now. I have bought a Kimber TLE Custom II (5") and Kimber Pro Carry (4") and a Kimber tactical Ultra II (3"). All have been fantastic guns!

By the way as you can tell from my avatar, The Duke prefers the Kimber TLE Custom II. ;)

Top Bottom