• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I'm thinking of buying a 4 inch or shorter barrel & have a gunsmith swap out the 8.5 inch barrel for the 4 inch !!!

I recently traded a fellow INGO member my 4" model 29 for his 8 3/8" model 29, his plan was to do exactly what you are planning, this trade seemed to make more sense. Unless you are planning other modifications the cost of the barrel and gunsmithing charges plus the cost of the gun, you could have bought a 4" to begin with. If you are set on changing from a 8.5" to a 4", I think it would be more cost effective to trade guns or sell your gun and buy a shorter one.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I recently traded a fellow INGO member my 4" model 29 for his 8 3/8" model 29, his plan was to do exactly what you are planning, this trade seemed to make more sense. Unless you are planning other modifications the cost of the barrel and gunsmithing charges plus the cost of the gun, you could have bought a 4" to begin with. If you are set on changing from a 8.5" to a 4", I think it would be more cost effective to trade guns or sell your gun and buy a shorter one.

I was looking for a 4 inch 44 mag.The reason I bought this 8.5 inch barrel gun, is cause It's in excellent condition & the price was right.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    My nickel plated 6.5" model 29 was my first handgun, and is still my favorite to shoot! Chest size groups at 70 yards offhand with factory iron sights! Can't complain about accuracy!

ericb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Smith & Wesson 44 Mag Revolvers are amazing! I own several 29s and 629s You will grow to like the revolver, if you dont sell it to quickly and give it a chance!

Top Bottom