• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a 4" blue 29. Now that's a blast to shoot! I'd like to have a 6" or 6 1/2" but for now the 4" will do. Your 629 looks good. The thing about stainless is with a little elbow grease and change of grips it will look new! Nice guns.... :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is a colt but near what you have. It is my favorite gun to shoot. Put some hot loads in the thing and be the center of attention when you touch it off at the range. Great gun. I hunt with this as well.

Handguns020.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Don't forget that you can enjoy some target practice with .44 special ammo. If you reload, I think you are going to be very pleased at what kind of accuracy you can get from a long barrel pistol. You might find a club that shoots big bore metallic silhouette. 50, 100, 150, and 200 yards. The .44 magnum will knock those ram targets over pretty consistantly.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    You will learn to like. After the first cylinder full! After owning about all of the .44 mag. revolvers, I settled on the model 29 6 inch. It is by far the lightest of the full sized guns and very well built and accurate. Put smooth grips on it, as the checkering on the factory ones can chew skin right off your hands when new. You have a nice revolver there....John

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    This is a colt but near what you have. It is my favorite gun to shoot. Put some hot loads in the thing and be the center of attention when you touch it off at the range. Great gun. I hunt with this as well.

Handguns020.jpg

I only see a scope, where did the gun go? :D

I have a 4" 29 Classic and love it. :draw:

ninjab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    nice gun, recently got a 627 and really enjoying it although I thought I was an auto guy myself.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Bought this S&W 44 MAG, on a whim, i'm a semi-auto guy, hope I at least got a good deal, what you guys think Smith and Wesson 44mag : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Hard to find any S&W 629 for under $700 unless it was really buggered up. Normal wear? I wouldn't worry about it. Check the lockup and any erosion at the strap on top at the barrel end but it looks good from the pics.

Here is my Outfitter with a 4" tapered barrel.

sw629x.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I only see a scope, where did the gun go? :D

I have a 4" 29 Classic and love it. :draw:

This came with a 9 power redfield in real tree camo but it was a real pain to get a good sight picture with. If the game moved I found it hard to re-acquire. This is a X2 Aimpoint with adj. MOA red dot. It is fine for off hand 100 yd. shots. Also easy to track with this optic..................;)

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My dad has a 629 Classic with a 6" barrel and I "borrow" it occasionally. That gun has killed dozens of deer, and is fun to shoot. Tell you what... fill a half dozen milk jugs with water, line them up and shoot all 6 with one shot. Come back and tell me if you have buyer's remorse after that.

:draw:

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have a 629-1 with 6" barrel, and love shooting it. I did change the wooden grips for a set of hogue 1 piece rubbers, and it is even better to shoot. It was well worth the money to me. Here is a pic of my wife shooting it.
    rebeccaatrange.jpg

Top Bottom