• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Great gun

My 629 is not bad, even with full-house factory magnum loads. Fill it with Magtech .44 Special Cowboy Action loads and you'll think it's a .22.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I have a 629 POWER PORT with a 6 inch barrel, ammo is a little expensive:( I'll compare the kick from the 6 inch POWER PORT to the 8.5 inch barrel, & see which recoil is tamer

That 8.5 will probably kick way to much for you. I'll take it off your hands, I might be able to cut the barrel off and make it useful. ;)

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Re-Load. You can shoot anything for super cheap. Cast your own and you can shoot for crazy cheap.

<6 cents for 357 mag 158 grain
    <8 cents for 44 mag 240 grain

You've got tons of spare time, start researching and run the numbers to see what you're missing out on. Calculate how much you're shooting now vs what you'll save. Then you can figure out how long it takes to re-coup your investment. It's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned. I shoot 3500 rounds a year and climbing for $220 let's say(shoot mostly 357). 3500 rounds of the 357 cheap stuff would cost 40 cents a round(estimation, haven't bought factory ammo in years)...that's $1400. I obviously wouldn't shoot nearly that much if i had to shoot factory ammo, and wouldn't have nearly as much fun either.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Re-Load. You can shoot anything for super cheap. Cast your own and you can shoot for crazy cheap.

<6 cents for 357 mag 158 grain
    <8 cents for 44 mag 240 grain

You've got tons of spare time, start researching and run the numbers to see what you're missing out on. Calculate how much you're shooting now vs what you'll save. Then you can figure out how long it takes to re-coup your investment. It's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned. I shoot 3500 rounds a year and climbing for $220 let's say(shoot mostly 357). 3500 rounds of the 357 cheap stuff would cost 40 cents a round(estimation, haven't bought factory ammo in years)...that's $1400. I obviously wouldn't shoot nearly that much if i had to shoot factory ammo, and wouldn't have nearly as much fun either.
    I haven't reloaded in over 15 years, have the two DILLONS 550 collecting dust, don't have time or space to reload for now:(

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Get the new electronic ear protection stuff so you can hear/be protected while hunting.
    If you're new to .44 mags (or handgun hunting in general), just do it.
    Crap wasn't around when I started and my hearing is ruined.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    In my city, I have a 5-day waiting period, so my FFL holder has to hold it till next week, before I can get my S & W 629:crying:

Hmmm, isn't that an ordinance voided by SEA 292 or does it not apply to that sort of thing?
    Preemption of local firearm regulation. Prohibits, with certain exceptions, a political subdivision from regulating: (1) firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; (2) the ownership, possession, carrying, transportation, registration, transfer, and storage of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; and (3) commerce in and taxation of firearms, firearm ammunition, and firearm accessories. Allows a person to file an action against a political subdivision if the person is adversely affected by an ordinance, a measure, an enactment, a rule, or a policy of the political subdivision that violates the law. Repeals a conflicting statute concerning local regulation of firearms.
    http://www.in.gov/apps/lsa/session/billwatch/billinfo?year=2011&request=getBill&docno=292

Top Bottom