• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You are assuming nothing is being done. Alamo told you above that is simply not true.

Saying nothing can be done and saying Texas is doing nothing are two totally different things. It's always easy to judge from 1500 miles away though.

I am not assuming nothing is being done, I am saying what he is doing is not working. . post #656.

I would not throw out the judging card. I see you voice you opinion on topics daily where you are not living next door.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Whatever Abbott is doing right now, it would be worse without it. Here’s the stats so far:

Since the launch of Operation Lone Star, the multi-agency effort has led to over 457,500 illegal immigrant apprehensions and more than 34,400 criminal arrests, with more than 31,300 felony charges reported. In the fight against fentanyl, Texas law enforcement has seized over 429 million lethal doses of fentanyl during this border mission.

Texas has also bused:

• Over 11,900 migrants to Washington, D.C. since April 2022
    • Over 14,900 migrants to New York City since August 2022
    • Over 8,700 migrants to Chicago since August 2022
    • Over 3,000 migrants to Philadelphia since November 2022
    • Over 1,600 migrants to Denver since May 18
    • Over 610 migrants to Los Angeles since June 14

Border control is a federal responsibility, and taking direct action against illegal immigration is by law and constitutional design difficult for states to do on their own. It’s a little more than fixing bayonets and rushing to the border, especially when you have a Department Justice, that’s convinced the entire population of the red states are domestic insurrectionist terrorists.

One terrific thing Abbott IS doing is bussing illegals and this was/is a genius Alinsky-ish political move. It’s exposing the Dem’s political posturing and forcing them to confront the Biden administration about its evil immigration policies. That’s rich.

(Oh, and the guv has set up a unit to quickly deploy to “hotspots” where illegals have broken through. Unexpectedly).

It’s easy to flap your jaws and say “send more Guard troops” but it is harder in reality. Remember, the guardsmen have regular full-time civilian jobs, and when they get called up for state duty for a year on a moment’s notice, their job and their family life gets totally upended. Without federal benefits like guaranteeing their job is there when they get back (which does not work so well for the self-employed). Do you want Texas to guarantee this and fill in the income differentials? Please, come to Texas, and help us pay our taxes. I would like Abbott to be more hardline and conservative than he is, but I don’t think he’s a “squish.”

And why is it just Abbott’s (or just Texas’s) problem to fix? As you say, Biden is trying to wreck the whole country. Where is Indiana in this? Where are you? Heck, move to Texas and join the Guard! Don’t be a squish!

Or donate a few dollars - or a few thousand - through that link I posted earlier to buy a wall panel or fund a Guardsman. Have you written your letter yet to the Indiana Governor demanding he send the Indiana national guard and/or law enforcement officers to help? Remember, this isn’t just Texas’s problem.

Or say, howzabout providing an address in Indiana to send a few busses to? I’ll make sure Greg gets it. :evilangel:

Donate here:

The governor is sending more buses to pick up folks in El Paso and Eagle Pass, in addition to Brownsville, Del Rio, Laredo, and McAllen. Donate generously!

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Biden has secretly been letting hundreds of thousands of illegals fly into certain cities across America...but won't tell us which cities...

A little-known part of the Biden administration’s CBP One parole program permits inadmissible [Ed.: Illegal] aliens to make an appointment to fly directly to airports in the interior of the United States, bypassing the border altogether. Partial data on the program, just obtained by the Center for immigration Studies pursuant to a Freedom of Information Act request, reveals that more than 200,000 people from four countries have used this direct-flight and parole program over the past year.
    [O]ne of the least noticed, mysterious, and potentially the most controversial of the new rechanneling programs that use the CBP One app allows migrants to take commercial passenger flights from foreign countries straight to their American cities of choice, flying right over the border — and even over Mexico. For this measure, Cubans, Venezuelans, Nicaraguans, Haitians, and Colombians — while they are still in countries south of Mexico — request “advance travel authorizations” through the same CBP One mobile app and take commercial flights (“at their own expense”) directly into U.S. airports, where U.S. Customs officers parole them into the nation, sight unseen, and in numbers publicly unknown...

(more in link below)

Center for Immigration Studies

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The Texas/Mexico border is over 1200 miles long. That is more than the whole Indiana border. How do you propose that Texas patrol that? 12,000 men is not even 10 per mile.
    random low level carpet bombing with B52s following the border zone?

bnahyhvhflwwpcjnxy5i.gif

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It’s easy to flap your jaws and say “send more Guard troops” but it is harder in reality. Remember, the guardsmen have regular full-time civilian jobs, and when they get called up for state duty for a year on a moment’s notice, their job and their family life gets totally upended. Without federal benefits like guaranteeing their job is there when they get back (which does not work so well for the self-employed).

I know how it works, thanks for the explanation.

Where is Indiana in this? Where are you? Heck, move to Texas and join the Guard! Don’t be a squish!

I was, got out in 2008. Anything else?

Or say, howzabout providing an address in Indiana to send a few busses to? I’ll make sure Greg gets it.

What the **** are you talking about? Its been fun, done with your conversation. Have had my fill of chatting with an Abbott fanboy.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    At some point, we need to recognize this as what it is, an invasion, economic warfare. There is only one way to deal with an invasion. You have to make the risk much much worse than the reward, and the defense must be cheaper than letting the invasion continue. Unfortunately with every ground war, a lot of freedoms will be stepped on.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At some point, we need to recognize this as what it is, an invasion, economic warfare. There is only one way to deal with an invasion. You have to make the risk much much worse than the reward, and the defense must be cheaper than letting the invasion continue. Unfortunately with every ground war, a lot of freedoms will be stepped on.
    And you know the first freedoms that will be stepped on will go in numerical order. 1st amendment, 2nd amendment, etc.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is a government assisted invasion. The government wants different subjects…

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The Texas/Mexico border is over 1200 miles long. That is more than the whole Indiana border. How do you propose that Texas patrol that? 12,000 men is not even 10 per mile.
    You put private citizens on private land with full state immunity. That takes those miles off the 1200 total.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Top Bottom