• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Years ago I worked for a major manufacture, in product support, with more than 200 other people in the building and there's no way I could say for sure if they were all actually employed there or not (not factoring in the key-card necessary to enter the building, of course). :dunno:
    This is going on the assumption that all those border patrol agents are honorable too. Alot of them take the job cause it pays well. Its federal and they can speak spanish.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Do they have to go through e-verify to check citizenship status to be employed?
    Do they have to go through e-verify to check citizenship status to be employed?
    I am honestly not sure. Its federal police job. So there would be a background check.. but that doesn't mean anything. The army had a huge problem with cartles enlisting people to get training on our dime

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    More on the way. Best tactic ever related to illegal immigration…

While yes, it does infuriate the left Texas is doing this, I much rather see Abbott call up the Texas National Guard and send them to the border. I am not talking 50 or 100 troops either, send down a couple thousand. In my opinion, many down there would be begging to go. Is this going to cause a big stink in DC, sure, but so the **** what. This has gone on long enough, Texas needs to lead the way.

At this point I am not opposed to building a wall patrolled by Velociraptors. Just shut it the **** down.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Let land owners use Texas castle doctrine to protect their property. Maybe ask legal gun owners to come and help patrol private property.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    “The Texas Governor oughta <do whatever>”

Texas Guard has been on the border in numbers for years, and since Brandon got in call-ups of up to 10,000 have been held. It’s hard to get accurate current numbers but there are probably several thousand right now, along with a bunch of state DPS officers, in addition to the DPS Maritime Patrol which has armed boats. They can’t enforce federal immigration/border law so they arrest for state crimes like trespassing, sex trafficking, drug, smuggling, whatever the find. Also patrol, observation etc. And rescue lost intruders. Texas is also constructing walls and wire barriers as well. All this to the tune of $4B of state money. So far. This is in the face of a hostile Federal government Who would no doubt love to sic the DOJ on Texas if possible.

Earlier this year the Governor also requested assistance from every other state governor, and shortly thereafter met with 10 governors (all Republican, but Indiana was not one of them) in Austin to drum up political and financial/manpower support. Iowa said they would send Guardsman and law enforcement, and Idaho and Florida volunteered law enforcement.

So feel free to have the Indiana Governor call up and send the Indiana Guard (Hi Kirk!), as well as money.

If you want to put your money where your mouth is (looks like we need some more wire in Eagle Pass) you can donate to support Texas’s operations at the border, feel free. You can go to this page to donate to bussing illegals to NYC, Chicago etc, or to add to the wall, or to support Guard operations here. Just scroll down a bit.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    “The Texas Governor oughta <do whatever>”

Texas Guard has been on the border in numbers for years, and since Brandon got in call-ups of up to 10,000 have been held. It’s hard to get accurate current numbers but there are probably several thousand right now, along with a bunch of state DPS officers, in addition to the DPS Maritime Patrol which has armed boats. They can’t enforce federal immigration/border law so they arrest for state crimes like trespassing, sex trafficking, drug, smuggling, whatever the find. Also patrol, observation etc. And rescue lost intruders. Texas is also constructing walls and wire barriers as well. All this to the tune of $4B of state money. So far. This is in the face of a hostile Federal government Who would no doubt love to sic the DOJ on Texas if possible.

Earlier this year the Governor also requested assistance from every other state governor, and shortly thereafter met with 10 governors (all Republican, but Indiana was not one of them) in Austin to drum up political and financial/manpower support. Iowa said they would send Guardsman and law enforcement, and Idaho and Florida volunteered law enforcement.

So feel free to have the Indiana Governor call up and send the Indiana Guard (Hi Kirk!), as well as money.

If you want to put your money where your mouth is (looks like we need some more wire in Eagle Pass) you can donate to support Texas’s operations at the border, feel free. You can go to this page to donate to bussing illegals to NYC, Chicago etc, or to add to the wall, or to support Guard operations here. Just scroll down a bit.

I am not saying the border is an easy fix, but whatever Abbott is doing now is not working. This administration is purposefully trying to destroy this country, and I believe part of this includes flooding the boarder with illegals. I also realize they are not allowed to to enforce Federal imigration law, but this I believe is where Abbott needs to step up and change. He has the best AG in the country, shut it down, and when Biden/DOJ come knocking let Ken fight it out in court. Five thousand troops not working send ten. I originally thought Abbott would be a decent govenor, now, he has turned a bit squishy. Personally, I feel Paxton could straighten it out, but I do not live there so it really doesnt matter what I think.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The Texas/Mexico border is over 1200 miles long. That is more than the whole Indiana border. How do you propose that Texas patrol that? 12,000 men is not even 10 per mile.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The Texas/Mexico border is over 1200 miles long. That is more than the whole Indiana border. How do you propose that Texas patrol that? 12,000 men is not even 10 per mile.

Well, I guess there is nothing to do. Throw your hands in the air and say well its 1200 miles long, nothing can be done, everyone just head home. Nothing to see.

Or my guess is people do not cross at all 1200 miles at once. I am thinking they have some hot spots where the majority of people cross. I would probably start there and adjust when and where needed.

Heck, lately FOX NEWS has video days in advance of lines and trains full of illegals coming. Thats probably a really good start. Meet them at the border and hold up a closed sign.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, I guess there is nothing to do. Throw your hands in the air and say well its 1200 miles long, nothing can be done, everyone just head home. Nothing to see.

Or my guess is people do not cross at all 1200 miles at once. I am thinking they have some hot spots where the majority of people cross. I would probably start there and adjust when and where needed.

Heck, lately FOX NEWS has video days in advance of lines and trains full of illegals coming. Thats probably a really good start. Meet them at the border and hold up a closed sign.
    You are assuming nothing is being done. Alamo told you above that is simply not true.

Saying nothing can be done and saying Texas is doing nothing are two totally different things. It's always easy to judge from 1500 miles away though.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana

This problem didn't happen overnight. It's been going on for years and years. Even though it has gotten a lot worse since Brandon has been in office. The solution can't happen overnight either. Our grandparents should have paid for a wall. And this is what happens when you keep kicking the can down the road. According to the constitution states can step in when the federal gov refuses to do their job. Maybe its time to show DC what united really stands for. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom